+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant work permit

Tadia20

Apr 12, 2019
I need your help guys...
I was a refugee claimant and my application refused in 2016 then I applied H&C on may 2018 and I received 1st stage approval. I tried to apply work permit and I couldn't.
Is there anyone who applied work permit after 1st approval pls can you tell me the steps.

Please and thank you.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
I need your help guys...
I was a refugee claimant and my application refused in 2016 then I applied H&C on may 2018 and I received 1st stage approval. I tried to apply work permit and I couldn't.
Is there anyone who applied work permit after 1st approval pls can you tell me the steps.

Please and thank you.

Which part do you have trouble with?

I reply the following to you on your previous post:

Since you are failed refugee claimant, you shoud choose refugee claimant. Then few qustion later they will ask if you got approved to apply PR inland as : ( they will name few programs where you will see H&C) put yes and continue the questionnaire .

I'am refused refugee claimants, and it's how I proceed to ask my post AIP work permit an got it.

Tadia20

Apr 12, 2019

Which part do you have trouble with?

I reply the following to you on your previous post:

Since you are failed refugee claimant, you shoud choose refugee claimant. Then few qustion later they will ask if you got approved to apply PR inland as : ( they will name few programs where you will see H&C) put yes and continue the questionnaire .

I'am refused refugee claimants, and it's how I proceed to ask my post AIP work permit an got it.
Thank you TheWaitingGamer. I am stuck on this question. Which one is the correct one for people who got AIP. Do I have to provide medical for the work permit?
Where can I get medical forms. Thank you for your quick response.

Which of the following situations applies to your refugee claim? (required) Help - Which of the following situations applies to your refugee claim?
My refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division and no final decision has been made.
I have been found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
I am awaiting a judicial review in federal court.
I am awaiting removal.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you TheWaitingGamer. I am stuck on this question. Which one is the correct one for people who got AIP. Do I have to provide medical for the work permit?
Where can I get medical forms. Thank you for your quick response.

Which of the following situations applies to your refugee claim? (required) Help - Which of the following situations applies to your refugee claim?
My refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division and no final decision has been made.
I have been found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
I am awaiting a judicial review in federal court.
I am awaiting removal.

no need for medical exam, went they ask if you passed a medical exam withing last 12 months, check No, so they will not ask you to join any medical.

I just completed the "find out if you're eligible" when you choose, Refugee claimant, next choose A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person. Then after marital status and province question, Open Work permit questions will beggin.

AIP question will be ask, only if you choose worker as current status.

Last edited:

Tadia20

Apr 12, 2019
no need for medical exam, went they ask if you passed a medical exam withing last 12 months, check No, so they will not ask you to join any medical.

I just completed the "find out if you're eligible" when you choose, Refugee claimant, next choose A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person. Then after marital status and province question, Open Work permit questions will beggin.

AIP question will be ask, only if you choose worker as current status.
Thank you so much TheWaitingGamer you are valuable member.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you so much TheWaitingGamer you are valuable member.
You'r welcome! Don't forget to download your AIP letter before submitting your application.

Take care.

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
Hi there, I need help, too.

- My refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division and no final decision has been made.
- I have been found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
- A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
- I am awaiting a judicial review in federal court.
- I am awaiting removal.

This question which one I have to choose, if I get a negative decision after my hearing and I'm appeal in Refugee Appeal Divison? The 3rd or 4th one?

Thank you all.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi there, I need help, too.

- My refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division and no final decision has been made.
- I have been found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
- A decision was made and I have been found not to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person.
- I am awaiting a judicial review in federal court.
- I am awaiting removal.

This question which one I have to choose, if I get a negative decision after my hearing and I'm appeal in Refugee Appeal Divison? The 3rd or 4th one?

Thank you all.
First one, - My refugee claim has been sent to the Refugee Division and no final decision has been made. As RAD didn't give final decision yet, since you filed an appeal. And you are not in judicial review either!

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
You are really great TheWaitingGamer. I saw so many posts from you what with youhelped people.

One more question only:

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? (required)

I apply for my husband, too and he is the same like me.

Katie70

Apr 25, 2019
"A medical exam is needed for foreign nationals who claim refugee protection in Canada.

Medical exam results must be received before a study or work permit application can be processed.

Based on your answers, you cannot submit an online application at this time. "

Our medical exam was made in 2017 november. We have to make another medical exam to extend the work permits?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
"A medical exam is needed for foreign nationals who claim refugee protection in Canada.

Medical exam results must be received before a study or work permit application can be processed.

Based on your answers, you cannot submit an online application at this time. "

Our medical exam was made in 2017 november. We have to make another medical exam to extend the work permits?
have you already had a work permit? What is the expiry date?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
You are really great TheWaitingGamer. I saw so many posts from you what with youhelped people.

One more question only:

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? (required)

I apply for my husband, too and he is the same like me.

Accompagning a family member must have valide status, put no at this question otherwise they will ask proof of status on the check list.

you can later add your husband on Do you want to submit an application for a family member? question.

Yes medical is needed when select no final decision for refugee claimant.

Last edited:

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
They will expire on 9 of May.

Ok, see those options:

1- Select third answer that a decision have ben made, and add an explanation letter that you appeal a decision and wish to continue working while waiting for RAD. (then you will not need to add medical)

2- Select No final decision made, and upload you 2017 medical , if they need new one, they will send a request, but it's useless time comsuming In my opinion. (After reflection, this is not a good idea)

Last edited: