+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant Document Expired. Want to Renew Work Permit

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Greetings guys,

Hope everybody is doing great.

This time I'm reaching out you for some information, I'm currently a Refugee Claimant and my Document has been expired (it was given to me for 2 years)

When I applied for Work Permit I got it for a year, it expired and I renewed it after and they renewed for 1 more year but this time, my 2nd Work Permit is about to expire again and thinking about doing the renewable again I realized that my Refugee Claimant Document has been expired, does it affect in the process? and I was wondering if I do also have to do the Medical Tests again after a year? Or can use the same one that I did last year?

I really appreciate your help or any information of somebody with the same case.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

antalya

Jul 4, 2018
Greetings guys,

Hope everybody is doing great.

This time I'm reaching out you for some information, I'm currently a Refugee Claimant and my Document has been expired (it was given to me for 2 years)

When I applied for Work Permit I got it for a year, it expired and I renewed it after and they renewed for 1 more year but this time, my 2nd Work Permit is about to expire again and thinking about doing the renewable again I realized that my Refugee Claimant Document has been expired, does it affect in the process? and I was wondering if I do also have to do the Medical Tests again after a year? Or can use the same one that I did last year?

I really appreciate your help or any information of somebody with the same case.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

You can renew WP without a problem. Refugee Claimant Document is not renewable.

Reactions: UnRefugiado

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
You can renew WP without a problem. Refugee Claimant Document is not renewable.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I will be applying again this upcoming week online and I will be uploading the Expired Refugee Claimant Document.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you so much for the explanation. I will be applying again this upcoming week online and I will be uploading the Expired Refugee Claimant Document.
I've heard of some people claiming that they've renewed their RPCD. I don't know if they're true though. IRCC also extended the validity from 2 years to 4 years for the RPCD. Check this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2018/652.html

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
That's correct. I haven't had my hearing date yet. So be patient if you still waiting as well.
Hi,
ok...but in which province u did file your case?

I also want to file asylum case in Saskatchewan... you had filled all forms and story means BOC completed and submitted that time when did you apply for asylum case in office then... which office i have to go IRRC local office? because in website it is mentioned that before apply you have to bring all forms package alongwith BOC..

Thanks

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
I've heard of some people claiming that they've renewed their RPCD. I don't know if they're true though. IRCC also extended the validity from 2 years to 4 years for the RPCD. Check this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2018/652.html
Thank you so much for the information,

Today I applied for the Renew of my Work Permit and I submitted my Expired Refugee Claimant Document with another IRB Letter explaining that my hearing or decision hasnt been made yet.

Lets hope it works without any problem I would be updating the information for future Refugee Claimants looking for the same kind of information.

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

I also want to file asylum case in Saskatchewan... you had filled all forms and story means BOC completed and submitted that time when did you apply for asylum case in office then... which office i have to go IRRC local office? because in website it is mentioned that before apply you have to bring all forms package alongwith BOC..

Thanks

I applied in Ontario as a Refugee Claimant,

If you are planning to apply in Saskatchewan you would be schedule for Hearing sooner than mine. Because there are less asylum seekers in the Western Region for what I believe and I had read.

Of course, you will need to filled and submit your BOC first. After that, go to the Canada Place and tell them that you are there because you are seeking for Refugee Protection, you will have a first interview and then they would evaluate your case if it is considerable the Prosecutor would schedule you a Hearing Date. Keep on mind that you will be waiting from 1 year to 2 years for your hearing, if you are lucky with this backlog.

Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied in Ontario as a Refugee Claimant,

If you are planning to apply in Saskatchewan you would be schedule for Hearing sooner than mine. Because there are less asylum seekers in the Western Region for what I believe and I had read.

Of course, you will need to filled and submit your BOC first. After that, go to the Canada Place and tell them that you are there because you are seeking for Refugee Protection, you will have a first interview and then they would evaluate your case if it is considerable the Prosecutor would schedule you a Hearing Date. Keep on mind that you will be waiting from 1 year to 2 years for your hearing, if you are lucky with this backlog.

Good luck!
Asylum is a federal program that is now FIFO. There is no faster processing if you are from a Western province. Yes you can move but if you get legal aid you must be living in the province where you receive legal aid.

Mahsa1111

Dec 12, 2018
Hi everyone,I'm a refugee claimant, my work permit will expire in 2 month and I want to apply for a new one, but every time I sign in to my account I see my previous work permit and don't know what should I DO and where should I apply for new one, I just look every where and see nothing!...anyone can help me?

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,I'm a refugee claimant, my work permit will expire in 2 month and I want to apply for a new one, but every time I sign in to my account I see my previous work permit and don't know what should I DO and where should I apply for new one, I just look every where and see nothing!...anyone can help me?
Hello, do the application as you were going to do it from the beginning. The same process is just instead of selecting on the options “Work Permit - for the first time” you will select “Renew work permit same employer” . Once you finish and submit your application online you will have this new Application status shown in your account.

It took about a month to get my new work permit processes last year in November, 2018 .

Mahsa1111

Dec 12, 2018
Hello, do the application as you were going to do it from the beginning. The same process is just instead of selecting on the options “Work Permit - for the first time” you will select “Renew work permit same employer” . Once you finish and submit your application online you will have this new Application status shown in your account.

It took about a month to get my new work permit processes last year in November, 2018 .
I See a work permit extentione option but, renewing thw work pwrmit is diffrent from extending it, isn't it?
and I also know the forms and dacuments that I should send, but the problem is that I don't see any " renew your "work permit" option.
where is it?....would you please share a link?...i will realy appriciate it.

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Hi there I am also in Saskatchewan and wondering if you already claimed asylum?if you did ,did you submit the BOC together with all the other forms the first time?