+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claim

rami-khalil

Jul 4, 2018
I live in Canada by a supervisa. my spouse is a refugee claimant in the US. we do not know how to reunion again.
Can she claim a refugee in Canada at the border if she has a claim in the U.S?
Does she have to withdraw her claim?
If I claim a refugee in Canada, will I be refused if my wife is a refugee claimant in the US? or does not matter? will my child be affected if claim a refugee while in made up my supervisa?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I live in Canada by a supervisa. my spouse is a refugee claimant in the US. we do not know how to reunion again.
If I claim a refugee in Canada, will I be refused if my wife is a refugee claimant in the US? or does not matter? will my child be affected if claim a refugee while in made up my supervisa?
is this same person or different one?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/return-to-canada.569508/

rami-khalil

Jul 4, 2018
Sorry for confusing, it is the same account, but talking on behalf of someone just to make the statement clear and avoid talking about third person.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does she have children in Canada to who are citizens or PRs? In other words, is she related by blood to your adult children as well?

rami-khalil

Jul 4, 2018
Can her husband claim a refugee in Canada if she made claim in the US? May IRCC refuse his file because of his wife claim file?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she does. That’s how the husband has a supervisa. Thanks for reply

Unless you are 100% sure you are going to receive asylum then you are much better remaining on you supervisa. If you get denied asylum you may have difficulty visiting Canada or many other place in the world. If you get denied asylum you can’t just easily return to being visitors and may face difficulty ever entering Canada again (and other countries again). Any other family or friends may also struggle to visit or get temporary visas (work or study permits) to many countries because there will be concern that they will also claim asylum but especially the countries that share immigration information with Canada. What country are you from? And have they been living in that country since recently? How did your child get PR/citizenship in Canada?

Reactions: Simba112 and YVR123