+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claim Refused on IFA basis

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Hi Experts ,
Today was my refugee case hearing. Claim is denied.
Mr. member said, I found you credible but claim is not acceptable due to IFA (internal flight alternative). I could've moved to another city in same country.

Any suggestions or guidelines to follow without paid lawyer to do myself for appeal or what pathway to be used to get PR?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts ,
Today was my refugee case hearing,
Claim is denied.
Mr. member said, I found you credible but claim is not acceptable due to IFA (internal flight alternative). I could've moved to another city in same country.

Any suggestions or guidelines to follow without paid lawyer to do myself for appeal or what pathway to be used to get PR?

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry. Hard to comment without basic information about your case an where you're from. Unfortunately to qualify for economic pathways you likely have to leave Canada first.

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Sorry to hear that your claim was rejected. you can appeal to RAD (refugee appeal division) within 15 days. In my experience, you need to proof why the RPD board member made an error in saying that there is IFA in your country. and it will be difficult to be honest. from what country are you? what was the reason you claimed asylum?

RAD seldom conducts a hearing. they are more into evaluating your RPD hearing and listening to your answers. if IFA is not available to your country, RAD will likely substitute the decision of your claim to become positive. But again, this is rare. especially when the RPD member is a senior member, they know exactly how is IFA in your county. after RAD, you can go for judicial review and at last, you can apply Humm

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you for quick replies,
Can I appeal on hearing decision by myself or do I need to hire a lawyer or Consultant again?

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Hi Experts ,

Thanks in advance
IFA is the most common reason to get refuged.now u have to prove that u weren’t safe at anywhere in ur country.dont lose hope.gather new evidence and go for appeal

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You seem to be suggesting that you could qualify as an economic migrant. I would explore the potential as well. We don't know your story and therefore don't know if you have been in the US for years, have citizenship in a 3rd country, etc. You need to evaluate with yourself or a lawyer what the likelihood of getting approval.

Hamid_M

Jan 21, 2019
Hi Experts ,

Thanks in advance
Hi it haappens sometimes, don’t worry.
Where do you come from?
Are you with your family?

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Which country are from, and how many months did it took you to get an hearing. Thanks. Please talk to your lawyer about the appeal process and evaluate your chances of success vis-à-vis leaving Canada.
Bonnè chance.!

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Respectable members,
let me give some further details about my case:

• Landed in February 2018
  • Refugee case filled in end of February.
  • Got IDs in mid March. got hearing date in July which was postponed.
  • Hearing done on 22 January.
  • With family.
thank you all for your kind comments

Last edited: