+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claim in other country

EzzaRamy

Aug 31, 2020
So I am applying through express entry and i got an ITA.
I am filling my permanent residence forum, and i was asked this "Has ..... made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?"
I was in england, I applied for refugee, but i withdrawn my application shortly after.
Please advice me what should i do I should say no, right? Cuz it might affect me for not being accepted, am I right?
And is that considered as i was refused refugee?
Please help me, i am so desperate and i need to get accepted

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I am applying through express entry and i got an ITA.
I am filling my permanent residence forum, and i was asked this "Has ..... made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?"
I was in england, I applied for refugee, but i withdrawn my application shortly after.
Please advice me what should i do I should say no, right? Cuz it might affect me for not being accepted, am I right?
And is that considered as i was refused refugee?
Please help me, i am so desperate and i need to get accepted
You need to answer "yes", provide the details and explain the refugee application was withdrawn. The question asks if you have previously claimed refugee status. You did and need to answer truthrully.

This will only negatively impact your application if you answer "no" and try to hide this information.

EzzaRamy

Aug 31, 2020
You need to answer "yes", provide the details and explain the refugee application was withdrawn. The question asks if you have previously claimed refugee status. You did and need to answer truthrully.

This will only negatively impact your application if you answer "no" and try to hide this information.
Thank you so much for your reply, but do you think that will harm my application in any way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply, but do you think that will harm my application in any way?
As long as you tell the truth it will not harm your application. Your application will only be harmed if you try to hide the truth.

EzzaRamy

Aug 31, 2020
I am just scared that they wouldn't accept my immigration process or fear that I might be a person who causes problems.
That's just mainly my concern. However, my criminal records are fully clean. In all countries I've been to. So I feel like applying for a refugee would raise some questions.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I am just scared that they wouldn't accept my immigration process or fear that I might be a person who causes problems.
That's just mainly my concern. However, my criminal records are fully clean. In all countries I've been to. So I feel like applying for a refugee would raise some questions.
Canada will find out about your claim when the background check is done. Lying means you will get rejected. You are applying to be a permanent resident of Canada so the refugee claim will not be a problem at all since you will not be overstaying in Canada as you will legally have the right to live here. Don’t worry and good luck.

EzzaRamy

Aug 31, 2020
Canada will find out about your claim when the background check is done. Lying means you will get rejected. You are applying to be a permanent resident of Canada so the refugee claim will not be a problem at all since you will not be overstaying in Canada as you will legally have the right to live here. Don’t worry and good luck.
What a relief to hear. Thank you so much. I was panicking moments ago.
I hope I would get accepted. I haven't done anything wrong.