+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Appeal accepted but refered back to RPD

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I am creating this Thread for people who appealed to the RAD and was successful but refered back to a new hearing .What was your experience or what do you know about it.

RichyLg

Oct 1, 2019
I had the same case. After the appeal was accepted my case was referred back to IRB with some instructions to take into consideration (Like the new hearing to be conducted by a different IRB Decision Maker...) and another hearing date was given which i attended few weeks ago and i am still waiting for the notice of the decision.

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I had the same case. After the appeal was accepted my case was referred back to IRB with some instructions to take into consideration (Like the new hearing to be conducted by a different IRB Decision Maker...) and another hearing date was given which i attended few weeks ago and i am still waiting for the notice of the decision.
How was the new hearing and how long did you get a new hearing date after appeal . Thanks

RichyLg

Oct 1, 2019
The new hearing was a bit different with more questions this time seeming to confirm if i really know my case like mostly dates, names... actually about my entire case. After RAD sent my case back to IRB one month later i received a Notice of Reception from IRB saying that my case was received and after about 3 months i received a new hearing date.

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
The new hearing was a bit different with more questions this time seeming to confirm if i really know my case like mostly dates, names... actually about my entire case. After RAD sent my case back to IRB one month later i received a Notice of Reception from IRB saying that my case was received and after about 3 months i received a new hearing date.
Thanks a lot for the info .... let me please know the outcome....hopefully it’s positive ... saying a prayer for you and I . Goodluck to us .

RichyLg

Oct 1, 2019
You are welcome, i will definitely share once the decision is received and Thanks a lot for your prayers, the same here. Good Luck.

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hi friend:

Could you share your appeal timeline?

After you apply for the appeal, how long you get your appeal decision?

Thanks

RichyLg

Oct 1, 2019
Hi friend:

Could you share your appeal timeline?

After you apply for the appeal, how long you get your appeal decision?

Thanks
My lawyer sent the appeal to RAD in October 2018 and the appeal decision came out in March 2019. In my case it was 5 months.

chris2010

May 16, 2019
Thanks a lot for the info .... My lawyer sent the appeal to RAD in September 2018 until now no response ,can i know why my RAD take time? Goodluck to us.

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thanks a lot for the info .... My lawyer sent the appeal to RAD in September 2018 until now no response ,can i know why my RAD take time? Goodluck to us.
Don’t worry , it will soon be out especially if it’s montreal .... it takes a lot of time . Mine took about a year . September -September

Reactions: Tamiou

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I am creating this Thread for people who appealed to the RAD and was successful but refered back to a new hearing .What was your experience or what do you know about it.
Hi,
My case is same, I was accepted as Protected person, Minister appeal in RAD, I have sent reply to Minister Appeal Waiting for result

Roy