+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refrence letter

Tanisha Gera

May 18, 2020
Hello everybody,

I wished to know how I shall specify the name of my present employer in the reffrence letter. I am hired by one company however on the payroll of a third party payroll. eg. I work for A but on a third party payroll such as B. What happens here is Bhas no clue about what I do on daily basis as they hired me on a contract for their client - A, however Ais the one who knows my regular duties and responsibilities, in fact my reporting manager is also a A employee. I was thinking about mentioning my employment as either -

• A (Contract Job on third party payroll: B), or
  • B (deputed at client - A)
Please note, Client name is mentioned on my offer letter and several other emails. Client will be comfortable giving me a reference letter stating all the facts transparently. My paystubs however don't mention the client name.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Why not get it from both of them?

Where A is the one who knows your regular duties and responsibilities and B is comfortable giving you a reference letter stating all the facts transparently.

Tanisha Gera

May 18, 2020
Why not get it from both of them?

Where A is the one who knows your regular duties and responsibilities and B is comfortable giving you a reference letter stating all the facts transparently.
Makes sense but what would be the format for the letter. So the one B will give will have B’s name as company but hiring manager and other things will be of A.