+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letters from company for PNP

uthejsree

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi all!

I am an employee of a consulting company (Let's say company A). My role is software developer (NOC 2174). I joined them in May 2015 and I initially worked on some internal applications for the company A until March 2016, where I was outsourced to a client (Let's say company X). I've been working with company X since March 2016. However company X does not have any employer - employee relationship with me. Nor do they provide any benefits. All my benefits and pay stubs have company A's name on the documents.

I'm planning to apply for Nova Scotia PNP, whenever the Category B gets opened. I'm planning to gather all the required documents by the time Category B opens. I'm also planning to have these docs to be ready for OINP HCP stream.

So my question is from whom should I get the reference letters - company A or company X? Or should I get a letter each from both?

FYI, my CRS is 435.

Thanks in advance!

uthejsree

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Company A. As X is not a employer. But you can get reference letters from Company X
Thank you so much for your reply! :)

I do have one more question. I've been with the same company (company A) since May 2015. I've held only position which is software developer. Is one reference letter from my manager enough? Or do I need to get another one?