+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
Can someone give me an example or at least a structure or reference letter?
P.S. Why everyone is adding pay slips and payment checks and so on, cio is not asking them, it's just additional prove. You don't have to add them in the main package, am i right?

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi marmaliade,

Check below the format of reference letter cum experience letter.

Date: 10 August 2009

To Whom It May Concern​

This is to certify that _________ has worked in ________ from ___________ to __________ as a “____________”.

During his work period he remained involved in his work dedicatedly. I found him pleasant, generous & motivated in whatever task I have provided him. He was always willing to offer his assistance and had an excellent rapport with his colleagues.
He has been one of our most dedicated employees. His conduct and character are equally good and satisfactory. He would be an asset to any employer and I recommend him for any endeavor he chooses to pursue.

With Regards,

Name
Designation
Company Name
Email Address
Tel Number
Officer Number

Incase salary certificate is not able to get from the employer then Payslip can be provided along with covering letter explaining the reason of not submitting salary certificate.

Best of luck to you.

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
I went through ALL the blakc of applications I have and found NOWHERE they would be asking for salary sertificate...

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not necessary to provide pay slips of salary certificates..... Its not asked by CIC..... I have seen many applications approved without submission of Pay stubs

marmaliade said:
I went through ALL the blakc of applications I have and found NOWHERE they would be asking for salary sertificate...

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
Found It! Different requirements for different VO in different countries. Mine doesn't require salary certificate, while french do :)

narinderdl

May 3, 2010
@marmaliade
this is a good sample of experiance letter,but u must include your job duties and responsibilities in it.

msaim

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2010
Doc's Request.
08-04-2010 - (Docs Sent: 28-07-2010)
AOR Received.
08-04-2010 - (2nd AOR: 31-08-2010)
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
SunnyDXB said:
The Job duties should be mentioned in a separate letter.
from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

For you, your spouse or common-law partner provide:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation.

Considering above, I think Job Duties/Roles& Responsiblities should go in the reference letter.

Seek for the other seniors advice too

Thanks
Saim

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
This sample reference letter is good but not enough for what Cic requires from us. The letter must include the job duties, dates and salary earned, must be signed and ur boss or personel officer card must be included. i have seen someone rejected for the following reasons

rejection
That your experience letter was exact copy of NOC Code 1231 regarding your duties.
- You havent attached business card of your employer with your file.
- Your salary was not mentioned in your experience letter.

So please dont use exact job description on cic website for your reference. My two cents

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have all of this with just one tidbit

The whole 'business card' is not customary in my country so almost nobody has one per se.

Also, a few of my jobs, my boss quit.

So here's the question, I have the letters from Human Resources with the job description and all that including the phone and address of the company (and human resources people)

Is that enough?

kart1980

Aug 1, 2010
Hi,

I have my reference letters from my previous employers but there is only signature without seal. Will that be accepeted. I have included business card. Also what if NOC code not available for previous employement. Different from current.

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
What if in my reference letter the job duties/responsibilities are not very detail, should they be? or is it enough that It's basicly mentioned what I do in the company?

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi marmaliade,

You can mention 7-8 responsibilities which is accepatble. Do not copy and past Job Responsibilities from the Job Description mentioned in the website.