13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
maq0r said:
I have all of this with just one tidbit

The whole 'business card' is not customary in my country so almost nobody has one per se.

Also, a few of my jobs, my boss quit.

So here's the question, I have the letters from Human Resources with the job description and all that including the phone and address of the company (and human resources people)

Is that enough?
The main purpose of the business card is that CIC can contact the person giving you the reference if needed. If you cannot get a business card I'd suggest you make sure the reference letter includes the direct telephone and email address of the person providing the reference, so they can be contacted by CIC if needed.

They want to be satisfied that it is a genuine person writing the reference and not a forged letter.

My past employer reference letter does not contain a business card, but the PR officer has included her telephone, fax and email address on the letter (in addition to the company address, email, telephone etc) which I think will suffice.

Wayne.

marmaliade

Jul 27, 2010
It's impossible to copy/paste responsibilities from my NOC, because too many i would say different responsbilities are under it :) I just wrote for example:

• Reviewing results of implemented plans and improving them;
• Organizing and controlling results and activities intended to drive and increase sales volume.

It is not very detailed responsibilities, but hope they will do :)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
msaim said:
For you, your spouse or common-law partner provide:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation.

Considering above, I think Job Duties/Roles& Responsiblities should go in the reference letter.

Seek for the other seniors advice too

Thanks
Saim
I forgot about one thing and had to request amendment to my letters of reference: notice about FULL TIME job.

My letters said:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

[date]

This is to certify that Mr. XXX was employed in a full-time position with company XYZ from [] to [] as [title].

His main duties included:
  • duty 1
  • duty 2

His annual salary from employment, including benefits, amounted to xxx [currency].

Please contact me should you have any questions.

Truly yours,

[name of officer signing]
[position]

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
The main purpose of the business card is that CIC can contact the person giving you the reference if needed. If you cannot get a business card I'd suggest you make sure the reference letter includes the direct telephone and email address of the person providing the reference, so they can be contacted by CIC if needed.

They want to be satisfied that it is a genuine person writing the reference and not a forged letter.

My past employer reference letter does not contain a business card, but the PR officer has included her telephone, fax and email address on the letter (in addition to the company address, email, telephone etc) which I think will suffice.

Wayne.
Yea that's why In the very same letter is the name, phone number, email, etc of the Human Resources manager of the job my former boss doesn't work anymore.

Also, I'm applying under NOC 4131, I've teached part time at a local college for the past 2 1/2 years, I got a letter from the college saying I joined in January 2008 and have been working since (up to date) AND I have another letter from the head of the computing department (my direct boss) saying that PLUS that I've worked over 2400 hours so far and then she goes describing my duties. She signs the letter with her signature and all of her contact information (Phones, email, etc). Will this be suffice?

Thanks again!