+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter not matching NOC code

leaf_fan_1988

Jun 12, 2021
Hello,

My employment letter from a past employer in a home country is borderline matching the NOC description and I am concerned the officer may deem it inadequate.

However, my overall score is much higher than the minimum cut off, even if I didn't have this work experience (Yes, I now realize I should have just left it off my work history in the first place, but it is too late now).

My question is: if they decided my letter did not match the NOC description would they reject my entire application or would they just remove the points it added to my score and carry on?

Thanks

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello,

My employment letter from a past employer in a home country is borderline matching the NOC description and I am concerned the officer may deem it inadequate.

However, my overall score is much higher than the minimum cut off, even if I didn't have this work experience (Yes, I now realize I should have just left it off my work history in the first place, but it is too late now).

My question is: if they decided my letter did not match the NOC description would they reject my entire application or would they just remove the points it added to my score and carry on?

Thanks
It depends, they could reject your entire application if that work experience is the one that makes you eligible for the program you're applying under (for example under FSW, the 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC)

leaf_fan_1988

Jun 12, 2021
It depends, they could reject your entire application if that work experience is the one that makes you eligible for the program you're applying under (for example under FSW, the 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC)
I am eligible under CEC and this particular experience increases my points slightly but without it I still have plenty of points.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I am eligible under CEC and this particular experience increases my points slightly but without it I still have plenty of points.
You should not worry. If your points drop and you still meet the cut off and have your 1 year cec, it should be fine.