+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from TCS

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
Hello People. Any recent applicants from TCS ? Kindly guide the process / procedure to get the reference letter from TCS. I am also currently on deputation to Germany. Could anyone share their recent experience in case I fail to get a reference letter from my employer :-(

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. What i learned from other people, TCS has provided them letters. So Good luck.
But still i will ask other/seniors to comment or share their experience.

Thanks.

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Even if you don't have an experienced letter in correct format, please get a letter from ur manager and attach his visiting card along with the letters which you can get from TCS. Also, attach any emails where HR has rejected your request for experience letter. It works.

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
Hello people. No luck for me so far. Neither manager nor HR willing to give a reference letter. All asking for reason and purpose and I really do not want to tell out the reason as of now. Any other alternatives could be done please ? Also, @lucky07 TCS has provided letters from who ? From who was the letter requested and what was stated as reason ? For PR ? Any other alternative please ? Kindly help.

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I was able to get reference letter from HR with TCS letter head. Use manipulate words for HR to print the roles and responsibility. Tell HR your manager will sign. Remove Salary and working hours components. for Salary component please use latest hike letter plus latest 3 month payslip.

If not drop the email and ask them to reply if they can't provide. Use this evidence, get it signed by your colleague and attach his ID if manager denies along with email.

Reactions: kartheek89

shini2969

Aug 11, 2017
@Mahadev87 , is it possible ? Did HR give you the letter ? What did you state is the reason for the letter to the HR ? Did you directly state it is for Canada PR while requesting for the Reference letter directly or said some other reason like Home Loan back in India etc etc ...
Note: I am currently deputed in Germany.

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes, HR gave me letter. I asked directly, I need roles and resp letter for Canada PR.

saranyajj24

Aug 22, 2017
I am working with TCS since 7 years and you can not directly get the letter......
PM me and i will tell you how you can get it.

I am working in canada and received PR a couple of months back.

Hi,

Please explain me the process. I'm really in need of it. I spoke to my Project HR and he denied my request on call. Kindly advise me on this. Time is running out for me.

saranyajj24

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,

Please explain the process, I'm really in need of it. I spoke to my project HR and he denied my request. Kindly advise me on this. Time is running out for me, Pls Pls help

saranyajj24

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,

I am currently working with TCS

I called my Project HR for the reference letter with my roles and responsibilities mentioned, same story, he denied my request. I have not informed anyone in my team or other members in office about my immigration. I dunno how to proceed with this. Friends, please help me on this, Those who are from TCS, who got the reference letter, please give me suggestions. I am based out of Chennai, TCS.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
TCS will issue responsibilities letter only for people who resigned, and not for people who are actively employed.

Other option is to get the letter from a manager or co-worker, and have them notarized. It should include their official email id and phone number with country code. Submit that letter + their identity card. The colleague should have worked for the entire tenure in which you have worked in TCS because they would have to give an affidavit for your entire experience. It is fine if they have worked in different projects/locations/clients/teams etc. Just their tenure with TCS need to match your tenure. If your colleague has a Linkedin profile, make sure that it is up to date.

Write a explanation that since the company did not provide a letter, you got a notarized letter from manager/co-worker for responsibilities. If HR writes back in email saying that they won't issue the letter, include that as well for proof. It is fine even if they haven't given anything in writing. Just put an explanation, and you should be fine.

Also along with the letter include every other document that you have. Appraisal letters, promotion letters, tax returns, 6 recent pay slips etc. Even if it is overseas deputation, just include tax returns/pay slips of that you get from TCS in that country. Put everything in one PDF. Keep the first page for explanation, second page for index of documents, third page for actual letter from co-worker/manager with responsibilities, and followed everything in chronological order.. recent first.

I just listed what worked for me.

CIC is very liberal when it comes to reference letters from big companies and they don't expect it to be in letter head. But responsibilities letter is a must irrespective of any number of documents you provide. Without that CIC will not be able to confirm that you worked on your claimed NOC. No responsibilities document = no PR.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

I am currently working with TCS

I called my Project HR for the reference letter with my roles and responsibilities mentioned, same story, he denied my request. I have not informed anyone in my team or other members in office about my immigration. I dunno how to proceed with this. Friends, please help me on this, Those who are from TCS, who got the reference letter, please give me suggestions. I am based out of Chennai, TCS.

Check my above response.