+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter from ex-colleagues

Jul 1, 2018
, Actually I have problem I am planning to apply with Canadian experience and I want to claim point for Indian experience but I am not getting reference letter with roles and responsibilities one my ex-colleague agree to sign roles and responsibilities on plane paper and agree to provide whatever documents requires to prove his employment with me so my questions is should I apply with his letter or try to get from senior I have all other documents to prove my employment except roles and responsibilities

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Yes actually i have everything just roles and responsibilities part is not there
Thats what I had too. All I did was draft a letter . You can use this

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is (full name). I was an employee of (full name of company) from (start date) to (end date). I was a Full-time employee working 40 hours a week with a salary of Indian Rupees (xxx.xx)per year.

My Job title was (complete job title) and following were my job duties and responsibilities.
[here write 9-10 bullet points or something matching the noc code]

I have attached below documents to prove my employment with the company.

1. (company name) first contact [this is the when they contacted me first time via email for a job]
2. Interview setup date email. [this is when company contacted me for face2face interview]
3. Conditional Offer letter email. [when company offered me a job via email]
4. Conditional Offer letter. (actual offer letter)
5. Pay slips (Random months) [I mentioned random months but gave them about 15 payslips )
6. (company name) Income tax computation statement.
7. Final settlement of accounts. [when you leave company they give you a final statement of accounts which includes any vacation pay or balance pay]
8. Relieving letter. [experience letter]

Some people told me this was too much but I didnt want to take a risk as I was doing my own application and did not hire any service.
I claimed 3 years of experience with 2 jobs and the noc codes were different for both jobs.

All documents including emails were converted to PDF and combined.