+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference/Experience letter from client

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
desi2012 said:
Thanks. That seems to be the root cause of the problem. I was wondering how they came to know you are working for some client and am also surprised that your company letter mentioned that. I read somewhere a similar case they they asked such letter from a person working for a bank, but luckily he was able to get the letter from his client.
desi2012 can you detail out more on the point that "surprised that your company letter mentioned that" . I also personally feel companies are not/ must not be required to disclose their client . Because some companies very sensitive to mention about their client to outside world. A simple roles and responsibilities should be enough . I was discussing this with a lawyer she said this .

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
Hi ,

I applied in CEC under NOC code 2174.
Initially, I got an employment verification email from cic.
They asked me prove my physical employment in canada , contracts between me and the company .
and any contracts between company and its clients.

I sent them following documents
T4s , Notice of Assesment from last 4 years .
Bank statements and pay slip from my employer from last 2 years .

They replied within few days with the email That even after reviewing documents they are not satisfied that I have the employment stated on my application.
Further it says

Hence, It will be required for you to provide copies of all the contracts/employment agreements you entered into with <Company>.
as well as verifiable evidence from client sites where you have worked at during your qualifying period confirming
your contract work as an employee of the <Company>.

Failure to provide this may result in the refusal of your application.
You have 30 days to provide the requested documents.

The problem is that my company has does not have a direct contract with the client .
Due to the nature of the work some big banks , big companies work with third parties who work with smaller companies like ours to fill their requirement.
So the Contract looks like this <Our Company> -- <Third Party> -- <Actual Client>
And although most places I have worked for till now is 1 to 1.5 years contracts in some cases start with just 3 months with further extension.
I have worked with internal projects of the company as well.
Our company generally avoids mentioning details of client in any letter unless it is absolutely required.
So the reference letter they gave just has high level duties which I perform and also matches NOC code. Client etc. is not mentioned.
Does this kind of through contract create a problem ? Even if I submit these contracts reading the above posts I feel that they might
still ask for "client reference letter".

Another thing is that I have got my medical request for FSW2 application last month so it seems to be moving now. Keeping this in mind I am thinking one
option could be withdrawing my CEC appliation instead of refusal. Though I am not sure if I would not face same problem for my FSW application.
[ not sure medical request in FSW means employment verification is done or in process or not started ]

Through our company many people have received PR's till now [FSW and CEC] and they are surprised why there is so much scrutiny/questions now.

Any suggestions ??

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
blrk said:
Hi ,

I applied in CEC under NOC code 2174.
Initially, I got an employment verification email from cic.
They asked me prove my physical employment in canada , contracts between me and the company .
and any contracts between company and its clients.

I sent them following documents
T4s , Notice of Assesment from last 4 years .
Bank statements and pay slip from my employer from last 2 years .

They replied within few days with the email That even after reviewing documents they are not satisfied that I have the employment stated on my application.
Further it says

Hence, It will be required for you to provide copies of all the contracts/employment agreements you entered into with <Company>.
as well as verifiable evidence from client sites where you have worked at during your qualifying period confirming
your contract work as an employee of the <Company>.

Failure to provide this may result in the refusal of your application.
You have 30 days to provide the requested documents.

The problem is that my company has does not have a direct contract with the client .
Due to the nature of the work some big banks , big companies work with third parties who work with smaller companies like ours to fill their requirement.
So the Contract looks like this <Our Company> -- <Third Party> -- <Actual Client>
And although most places I have worked for till now is 1 to 1.5 years contracts in some cases start with just 3 months with further extension.
I have worked with internal projects of the company as well.
Our company generally avoids mentioning details of client in any letter unless it is absolutely required.
So the reference letter they gave just has high level duties which I perform and also matches NOC code. Client etc. is not mentioned.
Does this kind of through contract create a problem ? Even if I submit these contracts reading the above posts I feel that they might
still ask for "client reference letter".

Another thing is that I have got my medical request for FSW2 application last month so it seems to be moving now. Keeping this in mind I am thinking one
option could be withdrawing my CEC appliation instead of refusal. Though I am not sure if I would not face same problem for my FSW application.
[ not sure medical request in FSW means employment verification is done or in process or not started ]

Through our company many people have received PR's till now [FSW and CEC] and they are surprised why there is so much scrutiny/questions now.

Any suggestions ??
Did you send them your offer letter, annual appraisal letters etc? Also try to get a letter or at least an email from your employer saying they cannot give you the client contract letter due to Non disclosure agreement with their clients. I am not sure whether this would work but this is what couple of my friends have done. I will update the response they get from CIC.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
cecnov2012 said:
Did you send them your offer letter, annual appraisal letters etc? Also try to get a letter or at least an email from your employer saying they cannot give you the client contract letter due to Non disclosure agreement with their clients. I am not sure whether this would work but this is what couple of my friends have done. I will update the response they get from CIC.
Hi cecnov2012 ,

Of the things you mentioned I sent only offer letter . yeah you are right about NDA and those sought of things . I dunno why they are going in so much detail . Soon client will stop giving work to companies with employee with work permits to save on hassle. My relation with my company is slightly getting worse though they are still cooperative.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
kevin220 said:
When the company applies for closed work permit, they need to mention in the application which client the employee will be working for and what will be the location. When VO officer looks for the applicant details, they will be able to see the details such as the client name and location.
Hi Kevin220 ,

Are you sure companies must declare so much exact details . I was under the impression it is upto the company to put how much detail they want to put about client .

kevin220

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171, 2173 and 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
blrk said:
Hi Kevin220 ,

Are you sure companies must declare so much exact details . I was under the impression it is upto the company to put how much detail they want to put about client .
I am pretty sure about it since one of my friends is traveling to Canada for a client other than what was mentioned in his work permit application. Our company's visa department told him that there could be an issue at the border when they see that he is going to work for a different client.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
blrk said:
Hi Kevin220 ,

Yes I mention client details in my work permit extension applications always as per attorney's request. I believe this will not be needed if the company has established well in canada and involve in their own product development. But if the company relies on providing service to other clients I believe they need to mention client details.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
I can think of reference letter from the client like below. But really need some more inputs

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that <my name> currently works for <Client name> via <My Company name>
since <Date > for our project for <Client's client name>

The project requires ... < Project description >

<My Name> performs following role at high level.

Then of my duties For example one of the duties is ..
Designing and developing software applications using Java/J2EE SOAP etc.

<my name> works 40 hours a week.

Then a brief 4-9 lines about the <Client name> .

Signature

I am not sure if client letter should mention no. of hours .

I already submttied my company's reference letter which has no. of hours , My salary
job duties at high level.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
cecnov2012 said:
Hi cecnov2012,

Were you able to get any updates related to above ? I guess they reply in a week generally .

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
blrk said:
Hi cecnov2012,

Were you able to get any updates related to above ? I guess they reply in a week generally .
No, not yet.. My friends sent their responses around mid last week and they havent got any response yet.. I will surely keep this forum posted..

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
cecnov2012 said:
No, not yet.. My friends sent their responses around mid last week and they havent got any response yet.. I will surely keep this forum posted..
Any updates yet on this? Would like to know how it went as I am also in a similar boat.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
resubmitmypr said:
Any updates yet on this? Would like to know how it went as I am also in a similar boat.
Unfortunately no :eek:(. It's been more than a months since my friends sent their responses with whatever documents they were able to obtain but they are yet to hear anything from CIC.

cecaspirant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi
How would the CIC know that i work for a client at the client's place.

I do work for an Indian IT Company, but i am thinking if i dont mention that i work for XXX Client, would the CIC ask for a Client Reference Letter.

Also as i report to my manager in India, in the reference letter, his contact number isnt mentioned. His email id is mentioned. Also the letter is on the company letter head which as it WEB PAGE ID etc and not the email address where it can be contacted. Is that ok

Please advice

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
cecaspirant said:
Hi
How would the CIC know that i work for a client at the client's place.

I do work for an Indian IT Company, but i am thinking if i dont mention that i work for XXX Client, would the CIC ask for a Client Reference Letter.

Also as i report to my manager in India, in the reference letter, his contact number isnt mentioned. His email id is mentioned. Also the letter is on the company letter head which as it WEB PAGE ID etc and not the email address where it can be contacted. Is that ok

Please advice
We had mentioned in our reference letter that we work at client's place and also during our WP extensions we have mentioned the same. This is how my seniors have been applying for PR and they got through without any query so we followed the same reference letter template. If you haven't mentioned about client anywhere may be you wouldn't get trapped into this. Good luck.