+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Referance letterts for FSW2014

kiranus357

Aug 10, 2014
Guys

My problem is i have total experience of 6 yrs.... 2 yrs in company A and 4 years(i am currently employed) in company B.... the issue is my current company B(the current 4 yrs experience company) says the dont issue a reference letter's as they dont have an HR POLICY of issuing letters....but CIC website clearly states that they would be needing roles and responsibilities on company's letter head ... i only have my pay stubs, hike letters andtax documents(Form 16 in INDIA) from company B...

so is there an alternative...i directly want to write to CIC about it explaining my situation....can you guys suggest me a plan B (for reference letters with roles and responsibilities) and also CIC email so that i can write to them your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

saudkhan418

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiranus357 said:
Guys

My problem is i have total experience of 6 yrs.... 2 yrs in company A and 4 years(i am currently employed) in company B.... the issue is my current company B(the current 4 yrs experience company) says the dont issue a reference letter's as they dont have an HR POLICY of issuing letters....but CIC website clearly states that they would be needing roles and responsibilities on company's letter head ... i only have my pay stubs, hike letters andtax documents(Form 16 in INDIA) from company B...

so is there an alternative...i directly want to write to CIC about it explaining my situation....can you guys suggest me a plan B (for reference letters with roles and responsibilities) and also CIC email so that i can write to them your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
u can get ref. letter on plain paper from ur supervisor and attach ur his business card..and a cover letter explaining ur issue alongwith supporting documents

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
Is that Ok to have same draft of reference letter from two colleagues from same company? or there should be different wordings from both of them??

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employment-verification-letter-missing-explanation-format-t64698.0.html#new

Take a look at my post on this link. I hope you find it helpful. Good luck!

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
Thank you chappan

Sep 23, 2014
I have a same problem that my employers refused to provide the duties. I applied for FSW14 with the self declaration format however my application is declined and CIC has not granted the employment points. I have been working in big multinational organisations. CIC has generated UCN number and deducted the fee.

Can you please advise what should I do now. Please advise

Is there any possibility of review? if yes, how?
Do I need to file fresh application, if yes with fresh set of complete documents or with additional documents only

Copy of the email received from CIC

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum
Education
Official language proficiency
Arranged employment
Experience
Adaptability
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 10 points for your age in accordance with R81 of IRPA.

You were assigned 21 points for your education credential at the bachelor’s degree level based on the Canadian educational credential or equivalency assessment submitted in support of your application in accordance with R75(8) and R78(1).

You were assigned 20 points for your English language proficiency and 0 for your French language proficiency. Points have been assigned in accordance with R79(1) of IRPA.

No points were assigned for arranged employment in accordance with R82(2) of IRPA.

You were assigned 9 points for your 1 year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the 10 years prior to the date your application was made in accordance with R 80 of IRPA. Points were assigned based on your work experience as Manager – Finance with ING Insurance from 01 July 2008 to 03 Sept 2009. No points were assigned for any other work experience as employment documentation on file did not indicate main duties of work experience. Please note: Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of work experience.

You were assigned 5 points for your spouse or common-law partners’ language proficiency, in accordance with R83 of IRPA.

No additional adaptability points were assigned.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options.

NOTE: Your application and supporting documentation are part of your permanent record and must remain on file. Original documents, submitted in support of your application, are also part of the permanent record and will not be returned. Once your application has been placed in process, no refund of the processing fees will be issued.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Sorry to hear about your situation. It looks like rules may have changed from the time when I applied for the PR. In my case, self declared (notarized) job duties were accepted with no issues. Although, even if I had not provided self declared job duties, I still had more than 5 years of work experience letters with job duties defined on them so would not have been an issue for me anyway. I would look to other experts to help you out.

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
prashantindiia said:
I have a same problem that my employers refused to provide the duties. I applied for FSW14 with the self declaration format however my application is declined and CIC has not granted the employment points. I have been working in big multinational organisations. CIC has generated UCN number and deducted the fee.

Can you please advise what should I do now. Please advise

Is there any possibility of review? if yes, how?
Do I need to file fresh application, if yes with fresh set of complete documents or with additional documents only

Copy of the email received from CIC

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum
Education
Official language proficiency
Arranged employment
Experience
Adaptability
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 10 points for your age in accordance with R81 of IRPA.

You were assigned 21 points for your education credential at the bachelor's degree level based on the Canadian educational credential or equivalency assessment submitted in support of your application in accordance with R75(8) and R78(1).

You were assigned 20 points for your English language proficiency and 0 for your French language proficiency. Points have been assigned in accordance with R79(1) of IRPA.

No points were assigned for arranged employment in accordance with R82(2) of IRPA.

You were assigned 9 points for your 1 year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the 10 years prior to the date your application was made in accordance with R 80 of IRPA. Points were assigned based on your work experience as Manager – Finance with ING Insurance from 01 July 2008 to 03 Sept 2009. No points were assigned for any other work experience as employment documentation on file did not indicate main duties of work experience. Please note: Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of work experience.

You were assigned 5 points for your spouse or common-law partners' language proficiency, in accordance with R83 of IRPA.

No additional adaptability points were assigned.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options.

NOTE: Your application and supporting documentation are part of your permanent record and must remain on file. Original documents, submitted in support of your application, are also part of the permanent record and will not be returned. Once your application has been placed in process, no refund of the processing fees will be issued.

Hi,

Did you attach any supporting document with affidavit(like appointment letter, experience letter without job duties etc)?

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
That's a good question, Khurram! I forgot to mention that along with the self-signed affidavits I did attach my original experience letters (without Job duties), appointment letters, salary slips (wherever possible), etc.

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
khurrambhatti said:
Is that Ok to have same draft of reference letter from two colleagues from same company? or there should be different wordings from both of them??
I am planning to have a reference letter (plain paper) signed by my senior colleague and I will also give an affidavit for the same. Should the wordings of my duties be different or can they be ditto same?

Also, I was joined my current company as a trainee and they got promoted to Assistant Manager. Do I need to specify job duties as per my designation or can I just state my current duties??

Please help