Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
You can read the issue at the top of this thread.

Timeline is as follows:

Submitted in Vancouver: Nov 2013
Acknowledgement: Jan 2014
Citizenship Test in Vancouver: July 2014
Oath in Toronto: Feb 2015

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
poison said:
By the way, my file is clear now. I am taking the citizenship oath on Feb 11th.
Hi poison,

I'm in a same situation and I have been requested to provide a record of movement from USA, can you please tell me which report did you sent them I-94 or the FOIA and how did you get it, and how long it took you?
You reply is much appreciated.
Thanks,

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
Hello Jarddoz -

Getting I94 entry and exit is a easy process, you can follow the link below and extract yourself. I read your other post, i would suggest requesting for FOIA is key, try to apply it right away as this will take quite some time (1 - 6 months). You can get it sooner if you are lucky enough. Below are the links for reference:

When i applied for my wife's FOIA it took 3 months, if you have Nexus the search is quite intensive and takes time so better apply it now. Also if you don't get the results before your deadline try to take the screen shots from the FOIA and send it to CIC along with your I94 copies for time being. Hope this helps.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
I would say do all possible things:
1. FOIA Request
2. I-94 Copies
3. CBSA Records.

Believe me, CBSA records worked in my case. FOIA told me it that there is a huge delay due to backlog and I also possess Nexus! So I sent screen-shots of my FOIA requests, copies of I-94, and CBSA records (takes only 5 weeks or less) to CIC. After sending all that, I received Oath invitation letter in about 3 to 4 weeks.

MK2016

Mar 8, 2016
Hello ,

I have been requested for same(Record of movement ) while renew my Canadian PR, i have no idea how to get it, could you please advise how to get this record for India . I emailed embassy they dont provide this record.

poison said:
Folks,

Me and my wife appeared for citizenship test at Vancouver location on July 2nd, which we passed. Following that in the interview, visa officer / judge asked for "record of movement from USA" during our citizenship tenure in Canada. They have given us 45 days to submit the requested papers. I am confused as on some other website it is mentioned that I need to get this record from India as I am an Indian citizen.

Can someone share experience/knowledge about where to get this record from and what is the procedure?

Please advise.
[/quote

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
alexittp said:
Hi, I have question about Record of Movement.
If I will visit USA or Germany and when going back to my country can immigration in airport know that I visited other countries if there no stamp in my passport?
It is always advisable to be honest with CIC in anything you declare on their applications,CIC takes any hidden information seriously and treats it as misrepresentation which will cause a big delay to any application with CIC and possibly rejectionand you also need to be very accurate in declaring trips

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
MK2016 said:
Hello ,

I have been requested for same(Record of movement ) while renew my Canadian PR, i have no idea how to get it, could you please advise how to get this record for India . I emailed embassy they dont provide this record.

poison said:
Folks,

Me and my wife appeared for citizenship test at Vancouver location on July 2nd, which we passed. Following that in the interview, visa officer / judge asked for "record of movement from USA" during our citizenship tenure in Canada. They have given us 45 days to submit the requested papers. I am confused as on some other website it is mentioned that I need to get this record from India as I am an Indian citizen.

Can someone share experience/knowledge about where to get this record from and what is the procedure?

Please advise.
[/quote
The above comment by Poison is good enough. CBSA (Canada Border Security Agency) maintain record of movement for travelers.

CBSA (http://search-recherche.gc.ca/rGs/s_r?st=s&num=10&s5bm3ts21rch=x&st1rt=0&langs=eng&cdn=cbsa&q=record+of+movement&gcwu-srch-submit=Search)

Likewise, you can request from USA - FOIA

I understand getting these reports takes 4- 6 weeks. File immediately your request for "Record of Movement" with both the agencies in Canada and USA.

Inform CIC informed by registered mail along with your Citizenship File number, that you already filed the requests for "Record of Movement" it takes few weeks and the reports will be submitted to CIC immediately upon receipt.