Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Folks,

Me and my wife appeared for citizenship test at Vancouver location on July 2nd, which we passed. Following that in the interview, visa officer / judge asked for "record of movement from USA" during our citizenship tenure in Canada. They have given us 45 days to submit the requested papers. I am confused as on some other website it is mentioned that I need to get this record from India as I am an Indian citizen.

Can someone share experience/knowledge about where to get this record from and what is the procedure?

Please advise.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they give u any paper/ sort of RQ or they just said it orally? You need to know if they need it from US or India.
Did u have any travel to US?
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/records-of-movement/

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Get your USA you get entry/exit details using below URl.It takes about a week

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. That was a citizenship officer, not a judge.

2. If they didn't ask for a Record of Movement from India, don't get it. It sounds like you got form CIT 520, which specifically states the documentation the citizenship officer requires to assess your file. That's great because, unlike the full Residence Questionnaire, it takes the guess work out of things. Get the documents they requested and call it a day.

3. I don't recommend making a full FOIA request unless you or your wife is a US citizen. FOIA requests typically take a really long time (I've never heard of it only taking a week. Personally, I submitted one in December 2012 that I am still waiting for). If she is not a US citizen, she can get her 1-94 records almost instantly through this link: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
1. That was a citizenship officer, not a judge.

2. If they didn't ask for a Record of Movement from India, don't get it. It sounds like you got form CIT 520, which specifically states the documentation the citizenship officer requires to assess your file. That's great because, unlike the full Residence Questionnaire, it takes the guess work out of things. Get the documents they requested and call it a day.

3. I don't recommend making a full FOIA request unless you or your wife is a US citizen. FOIA requests typically take a really long time (I've never heard of it only taking a week. Personally, I submitted one in December 2012 that I am still waiting for). If she is not a US citizen, she can get her 1-94 records almost instantly through this link: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov.
Is there any fee to get I-94 record? Can we print the report online?

I just have one visit to US ( around 8 days) before the period of 4 years valid for citizenship application but me and my wife has valid US visa on our passports until 2018 hence I was wondering if we should attach this report with the application to remove any doubt during assessing that we were never in US during this time.

What is your suggestion?

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I submitted FOIA entry/exit report request on 4-july-2014 and got the report by email on 11-jul-2014

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailvdutt said:
I submitted FOIA entry/exit report request on 4-july-2014 and got the report by email on 11-jul-2014
Wow! I stand corrected. Thanks for the report. Are you a US citizen? If not, they probably just printed out your i94 report and sent that to you rather than doing the full FOIA document searches required for US passport holders.

Either way. I still recommend the i94 report for non-US passport holders as it is instantaneous and free
thepolestar said:
Is there any fee to get I-94 record? Can we print the report online?
Check the above link or google. Easy.
thepolestar said:
I just have one visit to US ( around 8 days) before the period of 4 years valid for citizenship application but me and my wife has valid US visa on our passports until 2018 hence I was wondering if we should attach this report with the application to remove any doubt during assessing that we were never in US during this time.

What is your suggestion?
In general, one should follow the instructions. They didn't ask for this document with the application, so it's not necessary to include it. That said, I doubt it would cause any problems if you did include it now (or a screen shot of the "no record found" page), if you wanted, or at least bring it to the test/interview, especially since your wife has a valid US visa that the CIC officer will probably ask about during the interview.

It's up to you and your wife.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
They didn't ask for this document with the application, so it's not necessary to include it. That said, it probably wouldn't hurt to include it (or a screen shot of the "no record found" page), especially since your wife has a valid US visa which will be seen during the interview. If you don't get it now, I recommend having it on hand for the interview.

It's up to you and your wife.
Thanks you very much for the input.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poison said:
Folks,

Me and my wife appeared for citizenship test at Vancouver location on July 2nd, which we passed. Following that in the interview, visa officer / judge asked for "record of movement from USA" during our citizenship tenure in Canada. They have given us 45 days to submit the requested papers. I am confused as on some other website it is mentioned that I need to get this record from India as I am an Indian citizen.

Can someone share experience/knowledge about where to get this record from and what is the procedure?

Please advise.
this is sooo BS

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question guys..
When I visited the CBP website access my I-94 record of entries, I found all of them except one missing entry. My wife had 3 entries missing even though we travel together all the time to the US. How can we fix these missing entries? Our trips were from 2012 onwards.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
b52shot said:
I have a question guys..
When I visited the CBP website access my I-94 record of entries, I found all of them except one missing entry. My wife had 3 entries missing even though we travel together all the time to the US. How can we fix these missing entries? Our trips were from 2012 onwards.
i too have the same problem..for one of my trips my departure has not been noted down on the website and on my most recent trip it shows I entered and left US on the same day but I came back to Canada after 4 days...

I don't know if I94 online would help me or not in this case....

alexittp

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, I have question about Record of Movement.
If I will visit USA or Germany and when going back to my country can immigration in airport know that I visited other countries if there no stamp in my passport?

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
They can find out if they want and they can also put you in trouble by issuing some RQ (or mini RQ) asking to provide all details!!! So better play safe, have your travel itinerary and/or boarding passes with you during citizenship test. So in case officer asks, you have accurate answers with supporting evidences.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
By the way, my file is clear now. I am taking the citizenship oath on Feb 11th.