+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsider application process time of PGWP

Filip995

Jan 16, 2020
Hello! Can anyone help me, i sent my application for extend my status as a visitor on December 17th, almost a month has passed since then, i don't know what to do, it says on the website they start to process applications received on december 18, can anyone help me? Everything with my application is fine i get conformation e mail on december 18th. If someone had similar experience please replay to me.

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
Hello! Can anyone help me, i sent my application for extend my status as a visitor on December 17th, almost a month has passed since then, i don't know what to do, it says on the website they start to process applications received on december 18, can anyone help me? Everything with my application is fine i get conformation e mail on december 18th. If someone had similar experience please replay to me.
It is advisable to call the CIC and check the application status. Please understand that you need to be patient in the whole process. It does take time and sometimes the wait is unbearable. But be positive you will get it!

Ikennam

May 24, 2019
Well everyone, a miracle happened today. My PGWP got approuved after reconsideration !

Yesterday I got an email saying that my request was being processed again and the status "refused" was replaced by ''processing'' (I had to look at my CG profile at least 10 times since yesterday, even at 3 am to be sure lol).
Then today, it was written approved !!! There is the permit number and everything.

I don't have a magic recipe (apart from being honest and sending web forms to request an update) but i just wanted to give a feedback.
As a note, 1 week ago an officer told me that the initial decision had been maintained (o_O???). But I am quite sure that the agent had just assumed this because of the long delay of 2 months since my request ... (or maybe they have so much reconsideration requests that i was in line... for 2 months since the 13 of november).
Anyway, have hope people but don't neglect your plan B!
It was one of the most horrible months of my life but you can get through it! And again, have a back-up plan!

(sorry for the wack english, it's not my main language)
So in all; does it mean it took about 2 months for them to reconsider your application? That is from Nov 13th to January 16th? Because I’m currently waiting for reconsideration and I want to have an idea how it takes

Ikennam

May 24, 2019
Oh I heard back from them and my reconsideration was successful. So it basically took them exactly 10 business days to get back to me. I was first informed of the approval by an IRCC customer service agent over the phone but then nothing had changed on my online application portal 24 hours after the agent told me it had been approved so I started to doubt. And called them back again the next day, another agent confirmed the same thing and about minutes after that second phone call I receive a notification that there’s been an update on my account and there was it . . . It had been approved indeed.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Oh I heard back from them and my reconsideration was successful. So it basically took them exactly 10 business days to get back to me. I was first informed of the approval by an IRCC customer service agent over the phone but then nothing had changed on my online application portal 24 hours after the agent told me it had been approved so I started to doubt. And called them back again the next day, another agent confirmed the same thing and about minutes after that second phone call I receive a notification that there’s been an update on my account and there was it . . . It had been approved indeed.
When did you request for reconsideration? I sent the request at 09th Jan, still waiting for the response.

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
When did you request for reconsideration? I sent the request at 09th Jan, still waiting for the response.
Please call the CIC for an update. And to check the status of your reconsideration. For me it took approximately 30 days. Good luck and be positive.

Ikennam

May 24, 2019
Yes I suggest you call them. Meanwhile the date they acknowledged receipt of your webform (or however you asked for reconsideration) is when they consider as the first day.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yes I suggest you call them. Meanwhile the date they acknowledged receipt of your webform (or however you asked for reconsideration) is when they consider as the first day.
I have been waiting for 30 days since I got the receipt of webform, does it mean I have no chance?

Ikennam

May 24, 2019
It is not for anybody on this forum to determine . . . trust me I know this from my own case. People told me to pack my bag and just go back to my country and start all over from there but here I am. So neither I nor anyone else except IRCC is in a position to tell you whether you have a chance (especially if we don’t have all the facts of your case).

What I can advise strongly is to continue to call them. Call them every other day perhaps, although the call agents are different from the decision makers but they can always provide you a faster update. So long as there hasn’t been a decision yet on your reconsideration request, then there’s still hope. It could just be that the decision maker working on your case hasn’t come around to look at it again.

Stay positive and all the very best

Reactions: interstu98

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
It is not for anybody on this forum to determine . . . trust me I know this from my own case. People told me to pack my bag and just go back to my country and start all over from there but here I am. So neither I nor anyone else except IRCC is in a position to tell you whether you have a chance (especially if we don’t have all the facts of your case).

What I can advise strongly is to continue to call them. Call them every other day perhaps, although the call agents are different from the decision makers but they can always provide you a faster update. So long as there hasn’t been a decision yet on your reconsideration request, then there’s still hope. It could just be that the decision maker working on your case hasn’t come around to look at it again.

Stay positive and all the very best
Thank you, bro. If I get any updates I will tell you. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: Alex1956

kk-1234

Jul 6, 2018

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Here I am telling my friend story. If anyone help us we will thankful you. the case started from June 25 when we had first applied for PGWP online we had uploaded all the documents but, on Oct 16 2019 the IRCC officer sent letter that he needs the transcript again. we uploaded from our side but IRCC didn't receive that as we forgot to sign second time. then they refused,file on Oct 31 2019.
then again we had applied for PGWP with restoration and explanation letter but, unfortunately yesterday we got second refusal on the PGWP. Now this time, they are saying that we had applied after 180 days. But according to us the 180 days cover June to Dec and we had applied in Nov. As, we received the graduation letter confirmation letter and transcripts on June 19 2019.

Today we decided to send web form to IRCC with Reconsideration. Can anyone tell will the reconsideration will work in this case and can we have chances to get our approval by IRCC.