+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsider application process time of PGWP

Dpendevour

Oct 13, 2019
Hello,

I have a question regarding refusal of post graduation work permit. IRCC requested me for transcript. I uploaded my transcript before deadline but not submitted. So my work permit was refused.

I called to CIC and they re opened my file to submit the uploaded transcript. I am eager to know that how much time they will take to make a decision after reconsideration?

I did not get any update from IRCC eventhough 1 week has gone.

If anyone has an idea , please help me out.
Thanks

maggielufw

Oct 14, 2019
Hi I am in the exact same situation. I am wondering how long did it take between you calling CIC and them re-opening the file? What did you say to persuade them?

vpswagpants

Nov 5, 2019
hi i am on the same boat. did you end up hearing back from them? not sure if i should be restarting the application or havin them re-open the file. thanks.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hello,

I have a question regarding refusal of post graduation work permit. IRCC requested me for transcript. I uploaded my transcript before deadline but not submitted. So my work permit was refused.

I called to CIC and they re opened my file to submit the uploaded transcript. I am eager to know that how much time they will take to make a decision after reconsideration?

Thanks
Hi, did you got any response about your query, am still waiting for a response from cic.

Asvel974

Jan 8, 2020
Portneuf
Hi,
If it can help anyone : my post graduation work permit got refused on nov. 6 because i uploaded but didn't correctly submit an additionnal document.
In the same week, I contacted CIC many times about it (called 1 time, about 5 web forms... the first in total panic so it didnt contain a lot of information). I had responses to my several requests on nov. 13 (''the information you have provided has been sent to the responsible office''), but still, nothing changed in my CG account.
I contacted CIC again a week later and an officer replied on nov. 20 that my request ''should be reviewed shortly''. Then nothing. For 1 and a half months.
I was patient because of the holidays season but this week, after sending another web form, an agent told me that ''the responsible office decided to maintain its initial refusal decision''. But hey, no one bothered to tell me.
But that's my experience and from what I have seen on the internet, the verdict varies a lot with each case. Nonetheless and in general, consider that unless you have a return within one month since the refusal, then the refusal is final (because they do not warn you!)

My final advice is to start another request (in another category that suits you best if the period of 180 days has unfortunately passed for PGWP) or to restore your status, and this, from the very day of the refusal (to get a head start, so you can thank yourself later) and to not count on the review of your case.
+ in your request for reconsideration, don't try to convince them, just be honest about the fact that you made a mistake with the upload/submit thingy BUT that you thought that you did it correctly within the time limit (thats how it worked for other people). BUT always get a backup-plan.

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
Hi,
If it can help anyone : my post graduation work permit got refused on nov. 6 because i uploaded but didn't correctly submit an additionnal document.
In the same week, I contacted CIC many times about it (called 1 time, about 5 web forms... the first in total panic so it didnt contain a lot of information). I had responses to my several requests on nov. 13 (''the information you have provided has been sent to the responsible office''), but still, nothing changed in my CG account.
I contacted CIC again a week later and an officer replied on nov. 20 that my request ''should be reviewed shortly''. Then nothing. For 1 and a half months.
I was patient because of the holidays season but this week, after sending another web form, an agent told me that ''the responsible office decided to maintain its initial refusal decision''. But hey, no one bothered to tell me.
But that's my experience and from what I have seen on the internet, the verdict varies a lot with each case. Nonetheless and in general, consider that unless you have a return within one month since the refusal, then the refusal is final (because they do not warn you!)

My final advice is to start another request (in another category that suits you best if the period of 180 days has unfortunately passed for PGWP) or to restore your status, and this, from the very day of the refusal (to get a head start, so you can thank yourself later) and to not count on the review of your case.
+ in your request for reconsideration, don't try to convince them, just be honest about the fact that you made a mistake with the upload/submit thingy BUT that you thought that you did it correctly within the time limit (thats how it worked for other people). BUT always get a backup-plan.
So now did you apply for a restoration as visitor and then applied for pgwp again?

Asvel974

Jan 8, 2020
Portneuf
So now did you apply for a restoration as visitor and then applied for pgwp again?
I can't apply for PGWP again since the 180 day mark has passed and i didn't need to restore my statut as i still have a study permit valid for another 3 months. I just applied in another category, for me that was OWP through partner sponsorship (that wasn't my first choice to get RP but now it's the best i got).

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
Hello, Is there any update to your application?

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
I can't apply for PGWP again since the 180 day mark has passed and i didn't need to restore my statut as i still have a study permit valid for another 3 months. I just applied in another category, for me that was OWP through partner sponsorship (that wasn't my first choice to get RP but now it's the best i got).
Good luck for your process.

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
So just to get more clarity...
According to the rule one needs to apply for pgwp within 180 days of graduating. Does that still hold once the pgwp is refused for not uploading transcript. I mean is it possible to reapply for pgwp after getting a refusal on the first one.
How would the process be if you are out of status?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
So just to get more clarity...
According to the rule one needs to apply for pgwp within 180 days of graduating. Does that still hold once the pgwp is refused for not uploading transcript. I mean is it possible to reapply for pgwp after getting a refusal on the first one.
How would the process be if you are out of status?
180 days doesnt change. If you are out of status you need to apply for restoration & pgwp if you are within 90 restoration period.

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
180 days doesnt change. If you are out of status you need to apply for restoration & pgwp if you are within 90 restoration period.
Thanks for replying. I am within the 90 days restoration from my pgwp refusal (which was on January6). Plus my post graduation finished on the 3rd October'19. That means I have until 3rd april'20 to still apply for a pgwp. I am just waiting to hear back from CIC as they have verified my request for reconsideration and forwarded it to the concerned visa processing centre in edmonton.
I just want to be prepared in order to lay down my next steps in case I dont hear back from them before the end of this month.

So, in case my previous pgwp is still refused, do I need to restore my status to "visitor" or "temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants)" in the new application?

Asvel974

Jan 8, 2020
Portneuf
Well everyone, a miracle happened today. My PGWP got approuved after reconsideration !

Yesterday I got an email saying that my request was being processed again and the status "refused" was replaced by ''processing'' (I had to look at my CG profile at least 10 times since yesterday, even at 3 am to be sure lol).
Then today, it was written approved !!! There is the permit number and everything.

I don't have a magic recipe (apart from being honest and sending web forms to request an update) but i just wanted to give a feedback.
As a note, 1 week ago an officer told me that the initial decision had been maintained (o_O???). But I am quite sure that the agent had just assumed this because of the long delay of 2 months since my request ... (or maybe they have so much reconsideration requests that i was in line... for 2 months since the 13 of november).
Anyway, have hope people but don't neglect your plan B!
It was one of the most horrible months of my life but you can get through it! And again, have a back-up plan!

(sorry for the wack english, it's not my main language)

Bwoah

Jan 12, 2020
Well everyone, a miracle happened today. My PGWP got approuved after reconsideration !

Yesterday I got an email saying that my request was being processed again and the status "refused" was replaced by ''processing'' (I had to look at my CG profile at least 10 times since yesterday, even at 3 am to be sure lol).
Then today, it was written approved !!! There is the permit number and everything.

I don't have a magic recipe (apart from being honest and sending web forms to request an update) but i just wanted to give a feedback.
As a note, 1 week ago an officer told me that the initial decision had been maintained (o_O???). But I am quite sure that the agent had just assumed this because of the long delay of 2 months since my request ... (or maybe they have so much reconsideration requests that i was in line... for 2 months since the 13 of november).
Anyway, have hope people but don't neglect your plan B!
It was one of the most horrible months of my life but you can get through it! And again, have a back-up plan!

(sorry for the wack english, it's not my main language)
Good luck dear. I'm happy for you.