+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving COPR for CEC Inland Application While being Outside Canada

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Am cec inland applicant i gave biometrics in muscat and returned to canada
Will ircc be in an impression am outside canada and delaying my pr process?
@legalfalcon

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Am aug 2020 applicant still waiting
Am worried if its gona be Forever waiting
So frustrating

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Am cec inland applicant i gave biometrics in muscat and returned to canada
Will ircc be in an impression am outside canada and delaying my pr process?
@legalfalcon
It does not matter where you give your biometrics. All entry and exits into and out of Canada are recorded and IRCC can check it.

Also, you have an obligation to inform IRCC is you change your country of residence. If you are in Canada, make sure that your address on file is your residential address in Canada.

Oct 6, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and other experts, Please help with my situation.

(First of all apologies for not researching enough. I am sure some answers would be buried in this forum. My excuse is that I am in the middle of a severe family medical emergency)

I was on closed WP which expired along with the TRV in Feb 2021
Got ITA and applied for PR in Nov 2020 - Pending with Biometrics and medical complete
BOWP got approved in Feb 2021 but I did not apply for a new TRV at the time.
Had to travel to my home country, India at a few hours notice due to COVID related family emergency

Please help me with the following questions:

1. Wait for PR to approve and once it is approved, I land on the border and get a PR card. Is this a valid and advisable option? If not, why
  2. Wait for PR to approve, do the proceedings as if I am in Canada and once PR card arrives, have it couriered to me by a friend and move forward, is this an option?
  3. If not waiting for PR, can I apply for TRV by selecting country of residence as Canada i.e. inland TRV application and once approved, inform ircc of change in country and request passport stamping in my country.
  4. For 3 ^ i.e. applying for TRV inland, it gives the correct form for me 5277 but 5708 for spouse and no modification in questionare seem to rectify it. Do you have any insight on that?
  5. Apply for TRV by saying current country of residence as India. Is this a valid option?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and other experts, Please help with my situation.

(First of all apologies for not researching enough. I am sure some answers would be buried in this forum. My excuse is that I am in the middle of a severe family medical emergency)

I was on closed WP which expired along with the TRV in Feb 2021
Got ITA and applied for PR in Nov 2020 - Pending with Biometrics and medical complete
BOWP got approved in Feb 2021 but I did not apply for a new TRV at the time.
Had to travel to my home country, India at a few hours notice due to COVID related family emergency

Please help me with the following questions:

1. Wait for PR to approve and once it is approved, I land on the border and get a PR card. Is this a valid and advisable option? If not, why
  2. Wait for PR to approve, do the proceedings as if I am in Canada and once PR card arrives, have it couriered to me by a friend and move forward, is this an option?
  3. If not waiting for PR, can I apply for TRV by selecting country of residence as Canada i.e. inland TRV application and once approved, inform ircc of change in country and request passport stamping in my country.
  4. For 3 ^ i.e. applying for TRV inland, it gives the correct form for me 5277 but 5708 for spouse and no modification in questionare seem to rectify it. Do you have any insight on that?
  5. Apply for TRV by saying current country of residence as India. Is this a valid option?
1. You do not get the PR card at the border. You only get your COPR stamped at the border, and then you receive your PR card 4-5 weeks later. Yes, this is an option, if you do not intend to return to Canada any time soon, however, when the travel restrictions will be lifted is unknown, until then the application will be on hold.

2. If you indefinitely move to another country, you have to inform IRCC of the change of COR. Also, before the cOPR is sent, IRCC is asking applicants to confirm that they are in Canada and provide their address. You cannot lie as IRCC has a record of your entry and exit into Canada.

3. No, see below

5. YEs.

As an applicant you have a responsibility to answer all questions and disclose information truthfully.

Most of the stuff you have asked here is amounts to lying to IRCC and due to that you can be banned.

Obligation — answer truthfully

• 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Oct 6, 2020
1. You do not get the PR card at the border. You only get your COPR stamped at the border, and then you receive your PR card 4-5 weeks later. Yes, this is an option, if you do not intend to return to Canada any time soon, however, when the travel restrictions will be lifted is unknown, until then the application will be on hold.

2. If you indefinitely move to another country, you have to inform IRCC of the change of COR. Also, before the cOPR is sent, IRCC is asking applicants to confirm that they are in Canada and provide their address. You cannot lie as IRCC has a record of your entry and exit into Canada.

3. No, see below

5. YEs.

As an applicant you have a responsibility to answer all questions and disclose information truthfully.

Most of the stuff you have asked here is amounts to lying to IRCC and due to that you can be banned.

Obligation — answer truthfully

• 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Thank you a ton @legalfalcon. You are a saviour.

I do not intend to lie at all and will apply what is legally correct.
I was under the impression that even if I have travelled to India for a short time, I would continue to be a resident of Canada and answering YES to "are you a resident of Canada?" while applying for TRV would be the correct answer.

But as you said, the reply to the question "are you a resident of Canada?" is NO in my case and I should say that I am currently a resident of India, correct?

And

For the upfront medical exam that I mentioned in my previous post i.e. can I use the same upfront exam that I got done in Nov 2020 in Canada for PR application or should I appear for a new one - do you have any insight on that?

Thank you again. Your answers provided a clear path for me.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you a ton @legalfalcon. You are a saviour.

I do not intend to lie at all and will apply what is legally correct.
I was under the impression that even if I have travelled to India for a short time, I would continue to be a resident of Canada and answering YES to "are you a resident of Canada?" while applying for TRV would be the correct answer.

But as you said, the reply to the question "are you a resident of Canada?" is NO in my case and I should say that I am currently a resident of India, correct?

And

For the upfront medical exam that I mentioned in my previous post i.e. can I use the same upfront exam that I got done in Nov 2020 in Canada for PR application or should I appear for a new one - do you have any insight on that?

Thank you again. Your answers provided a clear path for me.
The process for TRV applications differs based on where you are located. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

It hinges on where you are currently located.

Your medicals that are still valid, i.e. less than 1 year old are acceptable and you can submit the upfront medical sheet so that your medicals can be attached to your application.

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
All the experts and @legalfalcon i need your help and advice.
I am an inland CEC applicant and waiting for COPR.

Since I am not in Canada and if i get my CoPR while i am outside of canada due to personal reasons wanted to check with you

1) If i can have my friend take my CoPR document and Photograph couriered locally to apply for PR card
2) Since I am outside of Canada, once and if i get pr card ask my friend to courier it to me in india. And then travel to canada when i have my pr card with me.
3) if ircc already has access to our entry and exit then why they are calling whether we r in canada or not ?

Can you please advise here. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
All the experts and @legalfalcon i need your help and advice.
I am an inland CEC applicant and waiting for COPR.

Since I am not in Canada and if i get my CoPR while i am outside of canada due to personal reasons wanted to check with you

1) If i can have my friend take my CoPR document and Photograph couriered locally to apply for PR card
2) Since I am outside of Canada, once and if i get pr card ask my friend to courier it to me in india. And then travel to canada when i have my pr card with me.
3) if ircc already has access to our entry and exit then why they are calling whether we r in canada or not ?

Can you please advise here. Thank you.
Answered on another thread.

diya2517

Apr 22, 2021
The process for TRV applications differs based on where you are located. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

It hinges on where you are currently located.

Your medicals that are still valid, i.e. less than 1 year old are acceptable and you can submit the upfront medical sheet so that your medicals can be attached to your application.
@legalfalcon I have the exact same scenario as @jatin.gulati25 i.e., PR CEC application in process with medical passed. Was working in Canada on BOWP. Had to come to my home country urgently, without TRV.
And I'm going to follow exactly what you suggested - TRV from my home country.

Although you have answered it ^ but I want to make sure that I can use the report of the medical test taken (6 months ago) inside Canada (already used for inland PR CEC application) for TRV application from my home country?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have the exact same scenario as @jatin.gulati25 i.e., PR CEC application in process with medical passed. Was working in Canada on BOWP. Had to come to my home country urgently, without TRV.
And I'm going to follow exactly what you suggested - TRV from my home country.

Although you have answered it ^ but I want to make sure that I can use the report of the medical test taken (6 months ago) inside Canada (already used for inland PR CEC application) for TRV application from my home country?
YEs, you can use the same medical report, just submit the upfront sheet when you submit your application. If already done, you can submit it via webform.

Shakti91

Sep 11, 2017
Hi I need to ask a question in this matter. My friend got his COPR while he was outside Canada visiting his family. So he applied for PRTD and did not inform IrCC of the being outside Canada( he thought that applying for PRTD will suffice), but after a year he did not hear anything regarding his PRTD application(maybe due to Covid). He had raised several webforms. But after a year he Called CIC and they said that his PR has been revoked as he did not inform IRCC. He does not have any letter stating this, just on a call. What can be done now. Please advise.

Mario 66

Sep 12, 2020
Any CEC applicant outside of Canada who recently has received CORP? I received a confirmation portal on my email one month ago but nothing has changed in my IRCC profile and still waiting for the Corp...