+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received visa, but medical validity expired. Do I need to take medical exam again?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Also, agents stand is that do not do unnecessary things unless the IRCC tells you to do so.. In our case,

We have expired Medicals
Document Status changed from valid to Invalid (gckey)
We did not received any emails from the IRCC requesting us to redo our medicals.

Honestly, we are really confused.
IRCC says that its your responsibility to stay updated with any development, requirements etc. They are not supposed to inform you about anything, their system is not sophisticted.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
So the entry to the flight is decided based on the medical validity? How ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense since the medical is passed at a completely different period and has no correlation to the expiry yet definitely not a timely and accurate way to measure one's health.

sidharthav

Oct 4, 2020
So the entry to the flight is decided based on the medical validity? How ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense since the medical is passed at a completely different period and has no correlation to the expiry yet definitely not a timely and accurate way to measure one's health.
It's a mess now. People are rushing to do their medicals amidst rising cases.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I received a mail from IRCC asking me to redo medical before I can travel. I was supposed to travel on monday. Imagine that.

Mb11

Dec 2, 2019
Is this requirement for first time students and work permit holders or everyone? Or Even those who have been studying in Canada? And came to their country for sometime?
For me I am enrolled in the medical services plan of my province, my counterfoil status got updated in November and states “document is Valid”
Am I okay to travel next month if i plan to do so?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
It's a mess now. People are rushing to do their medicals amidst rising cases.
I think people should stop posting anxious questions over twitter since now it's clear that IRCC is maliciously using the information against the people so as to pin them down. Earlier it wasn't a rule but since many kept asking about this doubt over social media now it seems they have decided to reverse engineer the doubt into a rule.

mehdi.hasan

Nov 24, 2019
I think it is best not to do anything unless Ircc asks or gckey status changes. My gckey document status is valid but medical expired. They told me they extended it up to May.

Tangerine__12

Apr 24, 2021
I think my medical exam is expired but my status on gckey is valid. Cic didn’t email me anything. I’m supposed to travel on Wednesday (next week). Now I’m full of anxiety... Can I still travel?

mehdi.hasan

Nov 24, 2019
I think my medical exam is expired but my status on gckey is valid. Cic didn’t email me anything. I’m supposed to travel on Wednesday (next week). Now I’m full of anxiety... Can I still travel?
If your document status is valid, then your medical expiry may have been extended. You should confirm this by using the webform on IRCC'S website.