+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received visa, but medical validity expired. Do I need to take medical exam again?

mehdi.hasan

Nov 24, 2019
Medical exam taken: 27th Nov 2019
Request of passport: 30th Nov 2020

So my situation is a little complicated. Due to pandemic and some other reasons I deferred my start of study twice. So, I got my visa last December. I am planning to travel to Canada this May. Since, more than 12 months has passed after I took the medical exam, it should now be invalid. However, in GCKey my medical status is "passed."

Should I take another test?

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I do have the same query.. It will be great if someone can share their experience who has visited Canada recently with expired Medical report

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm guessing your application was approved just before that expiration date. If you got PPR, your study permit is approved. I case you would need medical exams again, IRCC would have to notify you. I would advice to proceed with the process as they stated, which is to send your passport for visa stamping.

mehdi.hasan

Nov 24, 2019
I'm guessing your application was approved just before that expiration date. If you got PPR, your study permit is approved. I case you would need medical exams again, IRCC would have to notify you. I would advice to proceed with the process as they stated, which is to send your passport for visa stamping.
Yeah. My application was approved before the expiry date. So, I shouldn't do the medical test unless IRCC asks me to?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I read somewhere that you need to carry eMedical with you when you travel, confirm this from the official sources. Maybe you received a letter from IRCC or with your stamped passport which states this.

t.135

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
guys pls travel with valid medical...this is the latest update n ppl r being denied boarding for "invalid visa"...which is an update many r getting bcz of expired medical....

Reactions: Alamj

mehdi.hasan

Nov 24, 2019
I read somewhere that you need to carry eMedical with you when you travel, confirm this from the official sources. Maybe you received a letter from IRCC or with your stamped passport which states this.
IRCC didn't ask me to do medical again. When they issued VISA, my medical was already expired, but they didn't say anything about it. That's what made me confused if I should do it again without them asking. Do you know any way to talk to their representative and confirm this?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
IRCC didn't ask me to do medical again. When they issued VISA, my medical was already expired, but they didn't say anything about it. That's what made me confused if I should do it again without them asking. Do you know any way to talk to their representative and confirm this?
Same question here.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
IRCC has been saying this over and over on Twitter. It's also on their webpage (someone posted link above). You need a valid medical to board a flight to canada!

Reactions: mehdi.hasan

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
IRCC has been saying this over and over on Twitter. It's also on their webpage (someone posted link above). You need a valid medical to board a flight to canada!
Sorry to clarify sir, so is this the reason why our Gckey says that our Document is Invalid?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Because if this is really the reason, then why are there several students that were allowed to enter recently even with expired medicals? Her flight was last April 15, she was allowed to enter Canada.

That is why we are confused, is this random? I mean not all has an update on their gckey that their documents are already invalid. We knew 4 in our country with the same as ours, their medicals were already expired however their Gckey has no update as to Invalid. Some flights were scheduled on May and June.

Last edited:

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Also, agents stand is that do not do unnecessary things unless the IRCC tells you to do so.. In our case,

We have expired Medicals
Document Status changed from valid to Invalid (gckey)
We did not received any emails from the IRCC requesting us to redo our medicals.

Honestly, we are really confused.

Last edited: