+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received visa, but medical validity expired. Do I need to take medical exam again?

RAHULVAJPAYEE

Jul 27, 2018
I think my medical exam is expired but my status on gckey is valid. Cic didn’t email me anything. I’m supposed to travel on Wednesday (next week). Now I’m full of anxiety... Can I still travel?
HI Brother,

Were you allowed to travel? I have similar issue? Should I get my re-medical done?

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I was not aware of this requirement! I recently got to know and after doing all the research, I booked an appointment for re-medical. Could you please share some feedback? Really need some help.
Just submit your medical to IRCC and check for your visa status regularly in GCKEY. Your visa status must be active and valid. What is current status of application in your GCKEY after medical expiry??

RAHULVAJPAYEE

Jul 27, 2018
Just submit your medical to IRCC and check for your visa status regularly in GCKEY. Your visa status must be active and valid. What is current status of application in your GCKEY after medical expiry??
Thank you for your response! My GCKEy status shows "Document is Valid" and medical shows "you have passed" medical date was May 05, 2021.
I did the re-medical on July 15, 2022. Will upload the report via webform in a couple of days.

Reactions: cheemak

ot_1992

Jul 18, 2022
Hey all I'm facing the same issue my visa has become invalid and document counterfoil... the issue is medical has expired after 12 months before even reaching canada.. now the thing is I have redone my medical n I have got my e tracking document. But the visa is still invalid and the status will only change once an ircc approved medical officer clears our medical that's when the status changes.. dont assume that if your panel physician has done your exam and given you the UMI document you are clear to go.... I'm in a serious problem atm I have a flight to catch on 3 may and I did my remedical on 16 apr n got my tracking document on 20 apr still my Visa is invalid and I also contacted my embassy n they told me to email them with all the necessary documents such as flight tickets hotel quarantine.. and I also called ircc through someone in canada n they have emailed my query to the medical dept idk how long will it take for my status to change
Hi Yash, I nave a similar situation. Can you please tell me how did you submit your medical test again to IRCC? Also from where you got e tracking document?

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Hi All,
I am in the same boat for medical expiry for my wife and kids. They did their initial medicals in Jan 2022 and their visa was approved on Dec 1, 2022. I am planning to do re-medicals again.

1. How many days will IRCC take to update the new medicals again?
2. How do we know new medicals are updated? currently, the medical passed date shows the date of the original medical. Does this show the new medical date if it's updated by IRCC?
3. Does IRCC wait for medicals to expire and visa to be invalid, before considering the new medical result?

jesh.247

Oct 19, 2022
I have a similar situation. My problem was that my user representative didn't notify me of the need to update my medical. I plan to schedule my flight on late July. I'll be taking my rem
Hello Sir,
My name is Deeshi Parikh. I completed my first Program from Georgian College in April 2021. I applied for my study permit in August 2020 and recieved my PPR in April 2021. After 3months of lockdown in Mumbai my passport went for stamping in July 2021. I got my Passport stamped in August 2021 with Visa Validity till 31st December 2021. After which I got addmission for another program again at Georgian College for Fall 2021 (which means that I didn't change my DLI). My classes begin on 7 September 2021.
My doubts:-

1) Do I need to aaply for a new visa even if my study visa is valid till 31st December 2021 ( from the previous program)?

2)Or I need to apply for study permit extension inside or outside of Canada?

3) My medical has been expired, I received a letter IRCC on my gmail account. That I need to redo my medicals and after which I can travel. So for medicals nearest date I received was 25th August 2021. So can I travel to Canada after submitting my medicals?

Hope you help me clear these 3 doubts. Thank You.
How did it go? I'm in a similar situation as you... Were you able to apply for a study permit extension?