+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Study Permit but can't check eTa status with eTa status tool

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Of your study permit. When did you apply? Where did you apply from? Was it online or paper-based?
When did you get your biometrics correspondence letter? Passport approval?

Alessia1997

Jun 13, 2019
I did’t have a study permit, 3 years ago I had a Working holiday visa valid for 6 months,after these 6 months I came back to Italy (my home country) now I’m coming back to Canada for a month for holidays.

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I did’t have a study permit, 3 years ago I had a Working holiday visa valid for 6 months,after these 6 months I came back to Italy (my home country) now I’m coming back to Canada for a month for holidays.
Ohh i guess I replied to the wrong person. I actually meant it for the one who got the study permit

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation, I got my stady permit but when I tried to check my eTA status on the eTA status tool. Was any of you able to board a plane in this case?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation, I got my stady permit but when I tried to check my eTA status on the eTA status tool. Was any of you able to board a plane in this case?
That tool is only of you applied for eTA. Since you got one with you're study permit, you didn't technically apply for a eTA. therefore you cannot use that tool.

Alessia1997

Jun 13, 2019
When you applied for a permit and then they give you An ETA with your permit, the tool to check the status doesn’t work

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

Just wanted to see if this is still the same thing that if you got a eTA issued with your study permit you cannot check it with the online tool. I got issued a eTA with a study permit this past March but when I go on the online tool it does not find it. Am I still good to travel ? I have the letter that states they issued a eTA, the eTA number and the validity of it.