+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received "processing of your application...is almost complete" from IRCC, unsure about next steps?

Oct 27, 2017
My wife, myself, and our two young kids are all U.S. citizens who are moving to Canada and we've just gotten to the part of our PR process where we've received the official communication telling us that our application process is "almost complete" and it's time to provide photocopies of our U.S. passports and photos of ourselves for our PR cards (along with a form with our mailing address and a return envelope).

We are currently in Canada, in southern Ontario. What I'm curious about is, rather than mail this stuff in and wait, is there someplace we could just go in person to get this all finalized, same day? Like, is it possible to do that at a Visa Office someplace in southern Ontario? If not, is it possible to go to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, in person, to take care of this?

I'd like to get things wrapped up as soon as possible for a number of reasons (some critical to my wife's new employment in Canada) and I'm perfectly happy to drive up to Ottawa if need be, plus I'd like to avoid any unlikely but possible delays involving postal mail. Has anyone done this?

I have read stories of folks who need to provide their actual, original passports from other countries completing this step at an office someplace, in person, but couldn't find any feedback about specifically doing so in Canada as U.S. citizens. Thanks very much to anyone who can point me in the right direction on this!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just received official word from our case manager...

"For this stage, you do not have the option of having the documents processed in person"

...so we sent in everything to Ottawa by Canada Post as instructed. Now I guess we wait some more!