+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PR Confirmation Portal, but currently not inside Canada: what will happen next?

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I received the email for my PR Confirmation Portal on June 20, 2021. I'm about to respond that email by providing name, email address, etc, for creating an account. However, I'm currently not inside Canada because of my family emergency situation. Can someone please advise what will happen next if I confirm to IRCC that I'm not in Canada?
Please help.

Thanks a lot.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
IRCC will revert your status to Temporary so you can still used any valid work/study visa to come back to Canada so get the PR

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
IRCC will revert your status to Temporary so you can still used any valid work/study visa to come back to Canada so get the PR
thank you for your response. normally when is the deadline for responding IRCC after we received the email, do you know?
If I don’t reply the emails for now, and come back to Canada within a month then respond to get my PR. Can I do something like that?
Thank you

Sichan Seong

Jun 23, 2021
I am in the exact same situation. I received my ITA and confirmation portal email while I am back in my country. My agency replied to the email as a representative.

Unlike other people who get portal account ID, I am still waiting for the response from IRCC..

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
I am in the exact same situation. I received my ITA and confirmation portal email while I am back in my country. My agency replied to the email as a representative.

Unlike other people who get portal account ID, I am still waiting for the response from IRCC..
Thank you for sharing. If you don’t mind, can you please keep me posted whenever IRCC respond to your application? I will definitely do the same.

thanks a ton