+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received new pr confirmation account information but outside Canada

Amy_q

Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys,

I received an Email from IRCC asked me to confirm where am I last week. I mentioned I am outside Canada right now will be back on next month. While yesterday I got an email they provide my username and password for new pr confirmation portal, and said I need to upload my address inside Canada and my photo in 7 days. I already mentioned I am outside Canada and I can't give them a wrong address how should I handle that? Should I call them cause I just have 7 days.

Thanks in advance.
Hope everyone will get good news!

Thangs

Jun 19, 2021
Hello,

Even I'm in a similar situation. I got an email from IRCC asking me to confirm - whether Am I physically present in canada, current residential address and last port of entry to canada. I replied to the email back saying I'm not inside canada. It been 3 days I responded to that email and no response yet. Did you also got the same email like mine asking for those details? Within how many days you recieved those username and password credentials? that means those credentials are for your PR confirmation portal?

Thanks

pilarrmata

Jun 27, 2021
Hello,

Even I'm in a similar situation. I got an email from IRCC asking me to confirm - whether Am I physically present in canada, current residential address and last port of entry to canada. I replied to the email back saying I'm not inside canada. It been 3 days I responded to that email and no response yet. Did you also got the same email like mine asking for those details? Within how many days you recieved those username and password credentials? that means those credentials are for your PR confirmation portal?

Thanks
Hi! I'm in a similar situation. Any updates?

EWO2021

Jul 30, 2021
Same here. I didn't realise I'd get 7 days to update, but I'm in the UK. I have my log in credentials already, so I'm guessing that once I land in September/October post-restrictions, I just log in and update?

blue5

Aug 13, 2021
Same here. I didn't realise I'd get 7 days to update, but I'm in the UK. I have my log in credentials already, so I'm guessing that once I land in September/October post-restrictions, I just log in and update?
Can anyone let us know what happened after 7 days period end? Logically, once we return to canada we can declare and receive our cards. I wonder why they have 7 days to submit this. What will happen when we do not respond after 7 days?

EWO2021

Jul 30, 2021
Can anyone let us know what happened after 7 days period end? Logically, once we return to canada we can declare and receive our cards. I wonder why they have 7 days to submit this. What will happen when we do not respond after 7 days?
I can still get onto my account, it just says ‘initiated’. My worry is getting in at border control and if ‘I’ve got my copr portal log in’ is valid over a letter from IRCC

blue5

Aug 13, 2021
I can still get onto my account, it just says ‘initiated’. My worry is getting in at border control and if ‘I’ve got my copr portal log in’ is valid over a letter from IRCC
We are in same situation. Since it has been 7 days already and you are able to reach the portal, I think as soon as you arrive canada you can declare your physical presence and have our cards mailed.

Once we enter the Canada, there should not be anything to worry because we have not receive PR status yet. We will be back with current visa/permit we have and initiate the last step once we entered. This is what I am expecting.

The only thing that does not make sense to me that 7 days clause. Why 7 days? I am not sure there is any real drawback of not responding within 7 days.

Rpa567

Jul 19, 2019
Hi
What happened in your case .
i have already applied for Pr and expecting to get it in next 2 months .
but I’m going back home for 3 months at end of October for some urgent work .
So what happens if you get Pr confirmation email and you are outside the country

HARRY HARPREET

Dec 31, 2019
Hey guys,

I received an Email from IRCC asked me to confirm where am I last week. I mentioned I am outside Canada right now will be back on next month. While yesterday I got an email they provide my username and password for new pr confirmation portal, and said I need to upload my address inside Canada and my photo in 7 days. I already mentioned I am outside Canada and I can't give them a wrong address how should I handle that? Should I call them cause I just have 7 days.

Thanks in advance.
hi dear need help from u ru came backed in canada if yes whats a procedure u adopted for ecopr actually i need to go back at home for emergency reason may be i also face same condition as ur so plz guide me how u face all things
thanks

Said1010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
I have received this email too asking for physical address.
What does it means

pilarrmata

Jun 27, 2021
I have received this email too asking for physical address.
What does it means
Unfortunately, you cannot get your PR until you are back in Canada. I answered that I wasn't in Canada and they told me to email back once I was back in the country. I had to wait until I was in the country to tell them I was here and then I got portal access.

Reactions: omarawad

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hi. ow did you manage to get the portal credentials if you weren't in Canada?

Dec 9, 2022
Unfortunately, you cannot get your PR until you are back in Canada. I answered that I wasn't in Canada and they told me to email back once I was back in the country. I had to wait until I was in the country to tell them I was here and then I got portal access.
Can you please tell me how long did it take for IRCC to reply for the message?, I got the portal confirmation and its been 3 days that I had replied saying I wasn't in Canada.

Ssandhu88

Jan 18, 2024
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.