+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA while mistakenly put YES for "have a job offer in Canada?"

benchow

Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for your time. Here is my situation. I have been working for 2 years and recently got an ITA. But then i realised that "have a job offer in Canada?" under Intended work in Canada is only for LMIA. I dont have a LMIA and I put YES for it. (but I put NO when they ask me about the LMIA, which means there is no 600 points added to my score).

So my score is not effected by my mistake but I am worried. Should I Decline the ITA or should I submit the ITA with an explanation letter?

Again any helpful thoughts will be thankful. :)

slash_splash

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2017
If the point doesn't change, then you should write an LOE and go ahead, best of luck :p

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, make the change and explain the mistake in a LOE.

Btw after Nov 19th changes LMIA gives 50 or 200 points not 600.

benchow

Feb 21, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
No, make the change and explain the mistake in a LOE.

Btw after Nov 19th changes LMIA gives 50 or 200 points not 600.
Thank you for the help and info. So you would suggest me not to Decline the ITA but to send a LOE?

benchow

Feb 21, 2017
slash_splash said:
If the point doesn't change, then you should write an LOE and go ahead, best of luck :p
Thanks. I am planning to do so because I am worried I wont have enough time for the next ITA ( my work permit expiring this June)

brunolord

Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for your time. Here is my situation. I have been working for 2 years and recently got an ITA. But then i realised that "have a job offer in Canada?" under Intended work in Canada is only for LMIA. I dont have a LMIA and I put YES for it. (but I put NO when they ask me about the LMIA, which means there is no 600 points added to my score).

So my score is not effected by my mistake but I am worried. Should I Decline the ITA or should I submit the ITA with an explanation letter?

Hi benchow,

How did you end up doing it?
You changed it from "yes" to "no"?
If you kept it with "yes", did you upload a job offer and a letter of employment?
Did you get approved?

Thanks in advance

simirp

Nov 1, 2022
Hi
Hi guys,

Hi,
did you change it to NO and add LOE? did you get your PR without hassle for this category?
please help