Doc's Request.
12-06-2009
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
I was wondering whether someone could shed some light on to this interesting situation that I am in.

I submitted an initial application for immigration under the Skilled Migrant category at my country's Canadian High Commission in September 2008. At that time there were no restrictions on the occupations that one could apply for. I received an approval to submit my documents in June 2009 despite the fact that I did not qualify under the new requirements regarding the list of 38 occupations. Only one of my occupations was on the list but that too for just a few months.

Now as my final deadline for submission approaches, I am getting more and more concerned whether my initial approval was just a fluke and my full application will be rejected. It just seems like a lot of pain and a lot of wasted effort if that's going to be the case.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can someone perhaps help me out with this situation? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you slipped through Sydney somehow, I don't think the visa office is going to check into that at all because it's not their job. They get the files Sydney has approved so they just ask for documents and process. Go ahead and send your documents and hope for the best.

Sep 8, 2009
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2008
Doc's Request.
12-06-2009
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
But the thing is that my application didn't go to Sydney. At that time it was submitted at the local office and as per my letter the actual assessment is going to place now. So I feel that there's still a chance that I won't get the approval.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know some people had their applications transferred to Sydney after the new rules were published. Maybe the local visa office missed yours. If you want to bring it to their attention, you can do that or you can let it ride and see how far you go. If they were going to do their own assessment instead of transferring to Sydney, they should have done that by now and not asked you for documents, right?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51747 said:
But the thing is that my application didn't go to Sydney. At that time it was submitted at the local office and as per my letter the actual assessment is going to place now. So I feel that there's still a chance that I won't get the approval.
Send the papers in and keep your fingers crossed. I am sure it was not a mistake on their part. They must have seen something that made them feel you can get yourself established in Canada.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
51747 said:
I was wondering whether someone could shed some light on to this interesting situation that I am in.

I submitted an initial application for immigration under the Skilled Migrant category at my country's Canadian High Commission in September 2008. At that time there were no restrictions on the occupations that one could apply for. I received an approval to submit my documents in June 2009 despite the fact that I did not qualify under the new requirements regarding the list of 38 occupations. Only one of my occupations was on the list but that too for just a few months.

Now as my final deadline for submission approaches, I am getting more and more concerned whether my initial approval was just a fluke and my full application will be rejected. It just seems like a lot of pain and a lot of wasted effort if that's going to be the case.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can someone perhaps help me out with this situation? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Dear 51747
This is a good news. Whatever the final decision is, you must proceed positively. Hope your case become positive finally.

May I know about details of yours NOC codes, job titles etc. you mentioned in the application ? As you mentined that your NOC is not under 38, many members are there in this forum who have similar situation. If you give a details of your case, regarding your jobs, this will help others.

Good luck.

SYED