+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received GCMS note before AIP.

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Counterfoil is the sticker on the passport. Req:yes means that it is required for you as a citizen of a country that requires a visa to enter Canada. It doesn't have any weight on your application decision, it just means you are not eligible for a visa waiver (unlike US and EU citizens for example).
Thank you for sharing this. This does make sense. Your explanations is totally logical. Either way I was also right requesting Counterfoil doesn't mean visa approved.

But many in the forum believes it means visa sticker request so ultimately it is not.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
Infact there is no eligiblity---not started in my note.

Immediately after bio - - pass, it went straight to eligibility---review required
I am in the same boat now.. I do not know how... received aip on 3rd sep via email... received gcms notes in october.. eligibilty - recommended passed... bio passed on 11 nov, medical passed on 11 dec and when called told to IRCC they said eligibility is - review required... I am so upset... any idea what it could be???

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I am in the same boat now.. I do not know how... received aip on 3rd sep via email... received gcms notes in october.. eligibilty - recommended passed... bio passed on 11 nov, medical passed on 11 dec and when called told to IRCC they said eligibility is - review required... I am so upset... any idea what it could be???
See the "Notes" section in the last few pages of the Gcms Notes. Does it indicate why a review required is needed?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
In the notes from October it said recommend passed.. I called sterday and she said eligibility is review required
In either case, recommend passed or review required, the file will go to the officer for a final decision for Eligibility. The Gcms Notes may have clues as to why there is a review required.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
In either case, recommend passed or review required, the file will go to the officer for a final decision for Eligibility. The Gcms Notes may have clues as to why there is a review required.
Thank you so much.. where can I find the clues or mention about that in the gcms notes?! Should I be worried about it? Is it bad?

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
wowww.. that link is so useful.. thanks .. I have the gcms that I received in October... I have AIP (via email).. criminality and medical passed...
Review the last few pages of your GCMS notes under the “Notes” section. These “Notes” are numbered and dated from the most recent to the oldest. Also see https://bit.ly/3cuzIks
one more thing that I now think is a blunder is that I have not uploaded my work offer letter or experience letter... such an idiot... what do I do now?