Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Notice that the "Items Requested" count is 0, which means they didn't ask for anything. I've seen this before with people that haven't received a medical furtherance and expected one, so I suspect (but do not know for certain) that this is some sort of internal annotation. In any case, you (as primary applicant) should have received any medical furtherance. I've never seen nor heard of such a request being sent via e-mail, as normally it contains a sealed envelope that you are to deliver to the panel physician.

I would not suggest sending any additional documents. If you DO wish to send something, send a letter in writing noting that you observed a medical furtherance notation on your GCMS notes and that as of the date of the letter you have not received anything. Do that in writing, with some sort of return receipt (so you can prove they received it). That will protect against them claiming you were not responsive, but I wouldn't expect anything else to happen.
Dear Brother, I believe you can help me regarding my case. can you kindly help regarding fairness letter? I sent you private message

arpit.mishra

Feb 10, 2018
Hi,
I trust you are doing great.
I am writing this post with regards to the question about the medical inadmissibility.
I recently received my ITA and am planning to go for medcial exam. My son is undergoing probable autism diagnosis. We are waiting for the final results on the assessment. I believe my son's medical will be cited under 38(1)(c) for excessive demand on medical or social services.
My background
I have been living in Canada for the past 3 years. I came to do my post graduate and then got a job in a very reputed Canadian firm. I have applied under the CEC class. My profile score was 503.

I was hoping to prepare in advance, in case i receive a fairness letter.

I was wondering if you can please provide me some guidance on this. Also, I read that there is something under permit holder act, which might be of help to make my case.

I will appreciate if you can please me on this. Your response is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your best bet might be to contact forum member "legalfalcon". He's a very knowledgeable lawyer who is always willing to help people. Good luck!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I trust you are doing great.
I am writing this post with regards to the question about the medical inadmissibility.
I recently received my ITA and am planning to go for medcial exam. My son is undergoing probable autism diagnosis. We are waiting for the final results on the assessment. I believe my son's medical will be cited under 38(1)(c) for excessive demand on medical or social services.
My background
I have been living in Canada for the past 3 years. I came to do my post graduate and then got a job in a very reputed Canadian firm. I have applied under the CEC class. My profile score was 503.

I was hoping to prepare in advance, in case i receive a fairness letter.

I was wondering if you can please provide me some guidance on this. Also, I read that there is something under permit holder act, which might be of help to make my case.

I will appreciate if you can please me on this. Your response is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Do you mean TRP? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/permits.html

If so, this is not relevant to excessive demand inadmissibility.

indy500

May 27, 2017
If you are already covered by MSP (and it sound like you are) you should order your MSP coverage history - this will list the amounts actually paid.
This is the first time ive heard about this option. Could you shed some light on how someone could go about obtaining this kind of information from MSP?

urvashiben

Mar 23, 2018
This is a very weak finding. The amount quoted is just barely over the excessive demand threshold, which the courts have not reviewed extensively (there are written documents arguing that the excessive demand threshold is artificially low).

But you should consult with an attorney experienced in excessive demand cases. I will note that parental excessive demand cases are something CIC wins more often than loses (unlike applicant/partner cases where they are much more likely to lose).

If you need a recommendation, let me know (I won't post publicly but will PM).
Hello Computergeek, I need to consult experienced attroney to discuss my case as I am in similar situation could you please provide me name and contact details urgently?

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
hi guys...how will the new medical admisibility rule help cases of medical inadmissibility. now that the excess demand cost is now approx 20,000 CAD and 100,000 CAD in 5 years. is this a good news for all...and also, can we have feedback from people that have passed medicals after been medically inadmissible before the new rule. Pls share your story here

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Dear Computergeek
I am pleased to convey you that my medicals have been passed and I have received Visa too.
I have overcome successfully the fairness letter of medical inadmissibility and the response came from VO came early than I had expected.
You gave me the right direction, made me clearly focused as what needs to be addressed to overcome the fairness letter.
This could not have been possible without your great guidance and assistance. I am indebted and highly thankful to you.
Would like to see you personally in Canada.

I got a call from VO if he can issue visa as just one month was there in its expiry or extend the same but in case of extention I would have to redo medicals. I preferred to get the same issued though mine medical inadmissibility had been addressed and it would not have been an issue in remedicals. The next very day my ECAS changed from In Process to Decision Made and after another 3-4 days I received the Visa.

Thanks and regards
Shemrock
Hello,

please can you give us a load down of how you went about challenging this with ircc. did you hire a lawyer, how did you arrive at the cost of your medications. what link did you use or where did you get the cost of the drugs from. Thank you

Athena_1

Jul 24, 2018
This thread has been really insightful and thank you to those who have continued to share their experience.

Situation: My GF was diagnosed with Stage 1 Cancer. She is now under remission and has a clearance letter from her doctor and isn't taking any medications.

Below are the queries that I had with regards to the situation shared above,

1. For individuals who have recovered, how does IRCC arrive at a cost when they aren't pursuing treatment or consuming medication?
2. Should we expect a Fairness Letter? I'm expecting a request for additional tests based on a post from another user.
3. Could folks recommend/refer to any lawyers they have worked with?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This thread has been really insightful and thank you to those who have continued to share their experience.

Situation: My GF was diagnosed with Stage 1 Cancer. She is now under remission and has a clearance letter from her doctor and isn't taking any medications.

Below are the queries that I had with regards to the situation shared above,

1. For individuals who have recovered, how does IRCC arrive at a cost when they aren't pursuing treatment or consuming medication?
2. Should we expect a Fairness Letter? I'm expecting a request for additional tests based on a post from another user.
3. Could folks recommend/refer to any lawyers they have worked with?
The type of cancer will have a big impact. Some cancer just require a simple excision and commonly there are no more problems. Other cancers have much higher recurrence rates. It will be hard to give you good answer on this forum. Always better to have at least 2 years in remission but 5 years is even better but as I said it is so variable.

Athena_1

Jul 24, 2018
The type of cancer will have a big impact. Some cancer just require a simple excision and commonly there are no more problems. Other cancers have much higher recurrence rates. It will be hard to give you good answer on this forum. Always better to have at least 2 years in remission but 5 years is even better but as I said it is so variable.
Agreed. I did read about the recurrence rate and severity, but still wasn't able to correlate that with how a case worker would arrive at the cost using those as parameters.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed. I did read about the recurrence rate and severity, but still wasn't able to correlate that with how a case worker would arrive at the cost using those as parameters.
If there is a high recurrence rate the potential costs will be very high. Simple as that. Just the screening costs will be quite high during the first years after remission. It seems simple but it is much more complex. Each patient and type of cancer would have to be analyzed individually.