+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Fairness Letter......Seeking guidance for reply

Sharonjuly83

Jan 6, 2019
Dear Sir,
Happy New year.

I need your urgent help in understanding about medical inadmissibility. My husband had gone through colon cancer two years back. As of now he is absolutely fine and all his reports reflect the same. We got the medical test done wherein the panel physician asked us to get a letter from his oncologist including details like survival rate, stage and current treatment, if any. The doctor mentioned 80-85% survival, stage I and the 12 chemo given in 2016. He also mentioned that my husband is in complete remission since then.

Our medical is not cleared yet neither have we received any further requests from IRCC. We filed for express entry and PR on 5th Dec. We are worried about the time being taken in this process. Should we prepare any fairness document or get any other tests done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Sir,
Happy New year.

I need your urgent help in understanding about medical inadmissibility. My husband had gone through colon cancer two years back. As of now he is absolutely fine and all his reports reflect the same. We got the medical test done wherein the panel physician asked us to get a letter from his oncologist including details like survival rate, stage and current treatment, if any. The doctor mentioned 80-85% survival, stage I and the 12 chemo given in 2016. He also mentioned that my husband is in complete remission since then.

Our medical is not cleared yet neither have we received any further requests from IRCC. We filed for express entry and PR on 5th Dec. We are worried about the time being taken in this process. Should we prepare any fairness document or get any other tests done.
You applied a month ago and there were at least 2 weeks where the government was not working at full capacity. I think you need to be a bit more patient:)

Reactions: Seem

akosimorena

Apr 18, 2019
Hello there! I'm new here. I have checked all the threads about medical examinations with heart disease and there's no answer about my concern. I am planning to apply for tourist visa with my kids and in the future me and my canadian boyfriend are planning to marry either here in the Phils or in 'Canada. My concern is I have LBBB Left Bundle Branch Block and my cardiologist's finding was Dilated Cardiomyopathy.I have my everyday medications and my cardiologist haven't requested me for operations or any tests except the usual 2Decho annualy. My latest CBC is okay, and I have no hypertension. My question is about my LBBB is it possible to pass my medical exam or I will be refused?
Need enlightenment here. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there! I'm new here. I have checked all the threads about medical examinations with heart disease and there's no answer about my concern. I am planning to apply for tourist visa with my kids and in the future me and my canadian boyfriend are planning to marry either here in the Phils or in 'Canada. My concern is I have LBBB Left Bundle Branch Block and my cardiologist's finding was Dilated Cardiomyopathy.I have my everyday medications and my cardiologist haven't requested me for operations or any tests except the usual 2Decho annualy. My latest CBC is okay, and I have no hypertension. My question is about my LBBB is it possible to pass my medical exam or I will be refused?
Need enlightenment here. Thank you!
Unfortunately you may find it very difficult to secure a TRV for you and your children because CIC will assume you may want to get married and stay in Canada a pursue inland sponsorship. Given your medical condition it would be very risky for you to do inland sponsorship because it would mean not having medical coverage for at least a year in most provinces. You will also have difficulty obtaining travel medical insurance or it will likely exclude cardiac issues. There is no medical Inadmissibility clause for spousal sponsorship which is lucky because cardiomyopathy can lead to heart failure so the potential costs are quite high. You should make sure your future spouse has extended health benefits or the cost of your medicines could be quite costly. You can only bring a 90 day supply of your medications to Canada.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Thanks in advance
I have an urgent question regarding Medical inadmissible
I am sponsoring my parents ( just got invitation by email to submit applications)
Both of my parents have been living with me in Canada since Dec 2013 ( never left Canada ) and I was renewing their visitor Visa every 6 month or every year. ( they can not go back home due to war and political instability and they need my support as I am their oldest child )
My father will be the main applicant and my mother is dependent. My mother has dementia and she needs help with feeding, dressing or toileting. All of us as family ( me, my husband and my father ) take care of her and I have a nanny for my children who I paid her extra money to take care of my mother when I am away at works.
( she only need some one to feed her breakfast, lunch and dinner and to change her pull up diaper 4 times per day ).
She sits quietly all day , or just keep walking in living room. She did not have any hospital admissions or acute illness.

She only takes two medication one for seizure ( valproate acid ) which is well controlled and one to help her sleep.

My question is:
Do I have to include any extra documents now to help my parents application.
Do I have to file for humanitarian and compassions consideration.

At any circumstances my mother in a condition where I can not send her back home, neither can sit still in airplane for 7 hours flight .

I work in medical field and I have high income and I have been supporting all my parents financial and medical needs.

Thank you so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks in advance
I have an urgent question regarding Medical inadmissible
I am sponsoring my parents ( just got invitation by email to submit applications)
Both of my parents have been living with me in Canada since Dec 2013 ( never left Canada ) and I was renewing their visitor Visa every 6 month or every year. ( they can not go back home due to war and political instability and they need my support as I am their oldest child )
My father will be the main applicant and my mother is dependent. My mother has dementia and she needs help with feeding, dressing or toileting. All of us as family ( me, my husband and my father ) take care of her and I have a nanny for my children who I paid her extra money to take care of my mother when I am away at works.
( she only need some one to feed her breakfast, lunch and dinner and to change her pull up diaper 4 times per day ).
She sits quietly all day , or just keep walking in living room. She did not have any hospital admissions or acute illness.

She only takes two medication one for seizure ( valproate acid ) which is well controlled and one to help her sleep.

My question is:
Do I have to include any extra documents now to help my parents application.
Do I have to file for humanitarian and compassions consideration.

At any circumstances my mother in a condition where I can not send her back home, neither can sit still in airplane for 7 hours flight .

I work in medical field and I have high income and I have been supporting all my parents financial and medical needs.

Thank you so much
Have they had medical exams during these repeated TRV extensions? Yes your mother’s dementia can certainly mean that both your parents could be refused. You mention that you are the eldest child but that doesn’t factor into decisions in Canada. Do you have siblings in your country of origin?

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Have they had medical exams during these repeated TRV extensions? Yes your mother’s dementia can certainly mean that both your parents could be refused. You mention that you are the eldest child but that doesn’t factor into decisions in Canada. Do you have siblings in your country of origin?
Thanks for Quick reply
Yes, both my mother and father has medical exam in 2014 and they passed.
After that they never been asked to do medical exam because they never left Canada.
My mother Dementia Development later and just got worse over the last two years.
I have a young brother here in canada who has been living continuously in Canada since 2008 ( student then worker and now in process for PR)
I have only one sister back home who has 5 children and she is not in any position to take care of my parents socially or financially.
In addition to the ongoing war / political in stability ( we are from libya ) but my mother is dual citizens of libya and Lebanon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for Quick reply
Yes, both my mother and father has medical exam in 2014 and they passed.
After that they never been asked to do medical exam because they never left Canada.
My mother Dementia Development later and just got worse over the last two years.
I have a young brother here in canada who has been living continuously in Canada since 2008 ( student then worker and now in process for PR)
I have only one sister back home who has 5 children and she is not in any position to take care of my parents socially or financially.
In addition to the ongoing war / political in stability ( we are from libya ) but my mother is dual citizens of libya and Lebanon.
Very surprising that they have not had to repeat their medical for so long. This is often a requirement of a TRV extension. You have gotten very lucky that your parents got a TRV from Libya initially and have been granted so many extension. You will have to see what happens but just because your sister has 5 kids and you can take care of them better doesn’t mean they will get approved. Her ties to Lebanon would likely allow her to live in Lebanon with her husband especially if her daughter is there. I am not sure where her daughter is living. Like I said you will have to see but potential care of dementia patients can certainly exceed 100k in 5 years. H&C will have to be your plan b and see what happens.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Very surprising that they have not had to repeat their medical for so long. This is often a requirement of a TRV extension. You have gotten very lucky that your parents got a TRV from Libya initially and have been granted so many extension. You will have to see what happens but just because your sister has 5 kids and you can take care of them better doesn’t mean they will get approved. Her ties to Lebanon would likely allow her to live in Lebanon with her husband especially if her daughter is there. I am not sure where her daughter is living. Like I said you will have to see but potential care of dementia patients can certainly exceed 100k in 5 years. H&C will have to be your plan b and see what happens.
My sister lives in Libya not in Lebanon. As you may know at moment there is ongoing war in Libya.
My mother moved to libya in 1970 when she got married to father and only visit Lebanon for few months every few years. She has only two sisters left in Lebanon and with no means that they will take care of her.
I don’t know why they didn’t ask for new medical exam when I was renewing their TRV every year, may be because I show them that I have excellent financial status or because they never left Canada.
I was trying to read and predict what need to done ahead of medical exam.

Is there a forum for H&C i need to fill it now and submit it with the application of sponsorship, or wait till they request medical exam and then fairness Letter.
Should I have applied for them through H&C long time ago?

My mother can’t be put in plan to be sent back
( she will be screaming and kicking all the way and Airplane will end up with emerging landing !!! It is close to impossible to keep her sitting, and giving her large dose of sedation may kill her at this stage )she got very scary and agitated if we change any of her daily routine. She sits on same chair, same couch , be in contact with same people, etc. On the other hand under no circumstances I will put my mother in log term facility (as it will be strange place for her, she cant communicate and don’t understand English , so she will go insane ) I know Immigration will not consider. She is at the end stage of her disease where I can’t except she will live for couple of years not 5 years.
I was thinking if I can only apply to sponsor my father but found that my mother will need the be assessed any way.

I have excellent income and I can show that I am already taking care of my parents for long time while they are in Canada.

Do you have any suggestions for good lawyer i can consult.

Thank you so much

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My sister lives in Libya not in Lebanon. As you may know at moment there is ongoing war in Libya.
My mother moved to libya in 1970 when she got married to father and only visit Lebanon for few months every few years. She has only two sisters left in Lebanon and with no means that they will take care of her.
I don’t know why they didn’t ask for new medical exam when I was renewing their TRV every year, may be because I show them that I have excellent financial status or because they never left Canada.
I was trying to read and predict what need to done ahead of medical exam.

Is there a forum for H&C i need to fill it now and submit it with the application of sponsorship, or wait till they request medical exam and then fairness Letter.
Should I have applied for them through H&C long time ago?

My mother can’t be put in plan to be sent back
( she will be screaming and kicking all the way and Airplane will end up with emerging landing !!! It is close to impossible to keep her sitting, and giving her large dose of sedation may kill her at this stage )she got very scary and agitated if we change any of her daily routine. She sits on same chair, same couch , be in contact with same people, etc. On the other hand under no circumstances I will put my mother in log term facility (as it will be strange place for her, she cant communicate and don’t understand English , so she will go insane ) I know Immigration will not consider. She is at the end stage of her disease where I can’t except she will live for couple of years not 5 years.
I was thinking if I can only apply to sponsor my father but found that my mother will need the be assessed any way.

I have excellent income and I can show that I am already taking care of my parents for long time while they are in Canada.

Do you have any suggestions for good lawyer i can consult.

Thank you so much
In general, Canada pays attention to all your citizenships when considering where you can live. This isn’t a comment directed to your case but in general.

I would apply to PGP and see what happens when it comes to the medical. Although you say you won’t put your mother in a long term home you don’t know what will happen to her health. She could become aggressive, start trying to leave the house, start staying up all night and sleeping during the day, etc. You originally said your mother was very calm and remained in a chair all day. This doesn’t seem like an accurate picture and your nanny must be overwhelmed caring for your mother and your children. I am surprised that she is willing and able to do both. What if your mother stops walking? Is your home adapted for a wheelchair bound person especially the bathroom? It often takes 2 people to move a bed bound person for things like changing incontinence products. Are you or your spouse able to stop working if more care is required or can you hire another care giver? Many Canadian seniors enter longterm care centres and hospitals without speaking English because there aren’t any better options or they need to be hospitalized. Luckily you sound like you have adequate savings to care for your mother but care for seniors gets expensive even if you do have coverage.

As I said before you will have to wait and see what happens to their PGP application. Luckily the processing time has become much faster. If that gets refused I would get a lawyer and apply for H&C. I would make sure you keep/get travel medical insurance for your father. I would say mother too but not sure if she would qualify.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
In general, Canada pays attention to all your citizenships when considering where you can live. This isn’t a comment directed to your case but in general.

I would apply to PGP and see what happens when it comes to the medical. Although you say you won’t put your mother in a long term home you don’t know what will happen to her health. She could become aggressive, start trying to leave the house, start staying up all night and sleeping during the day, etc. You originally said your mother was very calm and remained in a chair all day. This doesn’t seem like an accurate picture and your nanny must be overwhelmed caring for your mother and your children. I am surprised that she is willing and able to do both. What if your mother stops walking? Is your home adapted for a wheelchair bound person especially the bathroom? It often takes 2 people to move a bed bound person for things like changing incontinence products. Are you or your spouse able to stop working if more care is required or can you hire another care giver? Many Canadian seniors enter longterm care centres and hospitals without speaking English because there aren’t any better options or they need to be hospitalized. Luckily you sound like you have adequate savings to care for your mother but care for seniors gets expensive even if you do have coverage.

As I said before you will have to wait and see what happens to their PGP application. Luckily the processing time has become much faster. If that gets refused I would get a lawyer and apply for H&C. I would make sure you keep/get travel medical insurance for your father. I would say mother too but not sure if she would qualify.
Thanks for replay.
Regarding my mother we already passed that bad stage ( walking and talking all day and night, cant sleep, trying to leave house , etc)
She is so advance in her disease that she doesn’t enough energy to do that. She is like baby, only gets upset and start screaming if she is wet, hungry , strange people , noise, or change in routine.

Regarding my nanny she is not over worked or overwhelmed. She is well paid. She only feeds her lunch ( meals prepared by me in advance ) and change her pull up once at noon. Other than that she has no business with her neither she do any cleaning or house keeping ( I have an other lady comes twice weekly for that. My mother morning care ( change and breakfast ) done by me before I leave to work, same with evening care.
Both me and my spouse are physicians so we can hire an other person if we need help in future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replay.
Regarding my mother we already passed that bad stage ( walking and talking all day and night, cant sleep, trying to leave house , etc)
She is so advance in her disease that she doesn’t enough energy to do that. She is like baby, only gets upset and start screaming if she is wet, hungry , strange people , noise, or change in routine.

Regarding my nanny she is not over worked or overwhelmed. She is well paid. She only feeds her lunch ( meals prepared by me in advance ) and change her pull up once at noon. Other than that she has no business with her neither she do any cleaning or house keeping ( I have an other lady comes twice weekly for that. My mother morning care ( change and breakfast ) done by me before I leave to work, same with evening care.
Both me and my spouse are physicians so we can hire an other person if we need help in future.
I’m sorry to hear that her disease is so advanced. If there isn’t another caretaker around your nanny is having to watch your mother and check in on her and hopefully turn her to various spots to prevent pressure sores. Nannies in Canada don’t usually do the housework just for your general knowledge. You must have gone to medical school abroad or else maybe you arrived in before the 2000s for 2 IMGs to be able to work in Canada.