+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Fairness Letter......Seeking guidance for reply

labibfares

May 5, 2019
I’m sorry to hear that her disease is so advanced. If there isn’t another caretaker around your nanny is having to watch your mother and check in on her and hopefully turn her to various spots to prevent pressure sores. Nannies in Canada don’t usually do the housework just for your general knowledge. You must have gone to medical school abroad or else maybe you arrived in before the 2000s for 2 IMGs to be able to work in Canada.
Thanks for reply
My mom doesn’t need to be turn because she sites and walks all day.
I have a very large living room with large two couches and noting els, so she can walks freely all day, with secure baby gate and some stuffed animal to play with. I changed all the layout of my house to accommodate her.
My nanny only take care of my 2 years old baby. Other child goes full time to nursery school.
Also need to mention that my father also help my mother by sitting beside her , gives her snack , water , talking to her or take her out to back yard if weather is ok.
We moved to Canada in 2010 and we were lucky to get to training and works here after.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply
My mom doesn’t need to be turn because she sites and walks all day.
I have a very large living room with large two couches and noting els, so she can walks freely all day, with secure baby gate and some stuffed animal to play with. I changed all the layout of my house to accommodate her.
My nanny only take care of my 2 years old baby. Other child goes full time to nursery school.
Also need to mention that my father also help my mother by sitting beside her , gives her snack , water , talking to her or take her out to back yard if weather is ok.
We moved to Canada in 2010 and we were lucky to get to training and works here after.
Your story changes constantly. You were the one who said your mother was only able to sit all day in a chair and didn’t move thus my comment about needing to make sure she was moved to avoid pressure sores. She would still likely fail the medical because you could decide to access longterm care or you could ask that a feeding tube be put in if she stops eating and drinking. She could easily end up in hospital for various reasons like aspiration pneumonia or just pneumonia, a UTIs, just a general infection due to inactivity plus her use of adult incontinence products. Once someone qualifies for healthcare any document saying you wouldn’t put her in longterm care would not be enforceable. Most parents are not in Canada while their health deteriorates unless they have already received PR. Assume you will get pfl but many who fight seem to be approved and IRCC seems to be overly lenient with medical inadmissibility lately.

I try to stress to IMGs that getting licensed is such a long shot and they should consider other countries if they want to practice. How were both you and your wife able to succeed? Did you enter a special program to retrain doctors as family physicians in underserviced areas or did you both match and repeat a residency. Would like to pass on any suggestions for success. From what I hear it has only become more difficult since enrolment in Canadian medical schools has increased and Canadian who studied abroad get second priority. I know Canadian students struggle to change their matches If they need to change for various reasons or some go unmatched because of the small amount of residency spots.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Your story changes constantly. You were the one who said your mother was only able to sit all day in a chair and didn’t move thus my comment about needing to make sure she was moved to avoid pressure sores. She would still likely fail the medical because you could decide to access longterm care or you could ask that a feeding tube be put in if she stops eating and drinking. She could easily end up in hospital for various reasons like aspiration pneumonia or just pneumonia, a UTIs, just a general infection due to inactivity plus her use of adult incontinence products. Once someone qualifies for healthcare any document saying you wouldn’t put her in longterm care would not be enforceable. Most parents are not in Canada while their health deteriorates unless they have already received PR. Assume you will get pfl but many who fight seem to be approved and IRCC seems to be overly lenient with medical inadmissibility lately.

I try to stress to IMGs that getting licensed is such a long shot and they should consider other countries if they want to practice. How were both you and your wife able to succeed? Did you enter a special program to retrain doctors as family physicians in underserviced areas or did you both match and repeat a residency. Would like to pass on any suggestions for success. From what I hear it has only become more difficult since enrolment in Canadian medical schools has increased and Canadian who studied abroad get second priority. I know Canadian students struggle to change their matches If they need to change for various reasons or some go unmatched because of the small amount of residency spots.
I did not understand what you meant by pfl ???
Sorry for the confusion but my story is not changing, it is the same( i am just typing while doing 100 other things) . I meant that she sits quietly in her chair all day or walk around , and she is quite if nothing bothering her. she is not bed ridden but she is like 1 year old baby, needs to give her food and change her . She is still human been laugh to my joke and understands but cant talk .
Things could change from day to day and that would reflect the changes in my story.
At any circumstances i will put feeding tube, if she stops eating that would be the end.
And all the complication you mention any elderly parent could have.
I am very careful in preparing her food , i wash her daily. And so far no aspiration no UTI.
IMG is very challenging and difficult, in my case it was not easy but some how worked , I was newly graduated with no training back home and matched to residency here. My partner did the rural family medicine program few years later.

If it was for me it would be better for my parent to go back home , and enjoy their last few years in their home country. But God has different plan, my mother got sick and home country end in civil war.

Putting my mother in long term facility is like death sentence for her and it is big tabo in my culture or religion ( this is my personal opinion not my professional opinion) but again immigration will not look to that.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I did not understand what you meant by pfl ???
Sorry for the confusion but my story is not changing, it is the same( i am just typing while doing 100 other things) . I meant that she sits quietly in her chair all day or walk around , and she is quite if nothing bothering her. she is not bed ridden but she is like 1 year old baby, needs to give her food and change her . She is still human been laugh to my joke and understands but cant talk .
Things could change from day to day and that would reflect the changes in my story.
At any circumstances i will put feeding tube, if she stops eating that would be the end.
And all the complication you mention any elderly parent could have.
I am very careful in preparing her food , i wash her daily. And so far no aspiration no UTI.
IMG is very challenging and difficult, in my case it was not easy but some how worked , I was newly graduated with no training back home and matched to residency here. My partner did the rural family medicine program few years later.

If it was for me it would be better for my parent to go back home , and enjoy their last few years in their home country. But God has different plan, my mother got sick and home country end in civil war.

Putting my mother in long term facility is like death sentence for her and it is big tabo in my culture or religion ( this is my personal opinion not my professional opinion) but again immigration will not look to that.
PFL = Procedural Fairness Letter. It's a letter that IRCC sends you when they are about to deny your application. The PFL gives you a chance to respond to their concerns and attempt to change their decision. A PFL is a big deal and you need a very strong response in order to not be denied.

You should apply for the PGP and also talk to a lawyer about an H&C application in case you can't get the PGP PR.

You can try contacting the law firm that hosts these forums. Or, if you're up for some research, go search Canlii for H&C cases and get the names of some lawyers who have won these cases, and then contact them.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
PFL = Procedural Fairness Letter. It's a letter that IRCC sends you when they are about to deny your application. The PFL gives you a chance to respond to their concerns and attempt to change their decision. A PFL is a big deal and you need a very strong response in order to not be denied.

You should apply for the PGP and also talk to a lawyer about an H&C application in case you can't get the PGP PR.

You can try contacting the law firm that hosts these forums. Or, if you're up for some research, go search Canlii for H&C cases and get the names of some lawyers who have won these cases, and then contact them.
Thanks for your help
I will i must have at least consultation with a lawyer before summiting my application
Could please message any names you suggest?

dedman2

Sep 21, 2019
Hi would anyone be able to help me regarding my case? I have had a kidney transplant in 2010 and there have been no complication since my transplant. Its been 9 years now and I am on regular medication. I have researched my medicine cost in Canada and this sums up to CAD 5000 annually. I visit the doctor for regular check up and blood tests every 3 months (4 times a year) to keep a check on my kidney function. Other than this there is no cost. I have checked with my doctor regarding the prognosis and he has mentioned that as per my condition and history everything is normal and after calculating the half life of my transplanted kidney, he could say that I wont need a transplant for a minimum of at least 15 years now. Will this be a hurdle to my express entry PR application? I have read online that the budget for each person yearly is around CAD 19500 now since last year and I am sure my cost will not cross this budget. I am really confused since many people say different things regarding my case. All the consultants I have met with say there wont be any issue and I get skeptical since I know they are just behind my money.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. I just want to be sure before I start the process and I do not want to give up on this immigration plan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi would anyone be able to help me regarding my case? I have had a kidney transplant in 2010 and there have been no complication since my transplant. Its been 9 years now and I am on regular medication. I have researched my medicine cost in Canada and this sums up to CAD 5000 annually. I visit the doctor for regular check up and blood tests every 3 months (4 times a year) to keep a check on my kidney function. Other than this there is no cost. I have checked with my doctor regarding the prognosis and he has mentioned that as per my condition and history everything is normal and after calculating the half life of my transplanted kidney, he could say that I wont need a transplant for a minimum of at least 15 years now. Will this be a hurdle to my express entry PR application? I have read online that the budget for each person yearly is around CAD 19500 now since last year and I am sure my cost will not cross this budget. I am really confused since many people say different things regarding my case. All the consultants I have met with say there wont be any issue and I get skeptical since I know they are just behind my money.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. I just want to be sure before I start the process and I do not want to give up on this immigration plan.
There is no way to be sure before you start the process. There's certainly a chance you will be approved. A transplant is a serious matter and there's a high probability you will need another one in the future - so it's also possible IRCC may raise excessive demand concerns and deny your application on these grounds. Really impossible to say. You would have to go through the process and see what happens.

dedman2

Sep 21, 2019
There is no way to be sure before you start the process. There's certainly a chance you will be approved. A transplant is a serious matter and there's a high probability you will need another one in the future - so it's also possible IRCC may raise excessive demand concerns and deny your application on these grounds. Really impossible to say. You would have to go through the process and see what happens.
Okay thank you for the response. So I have no way to be sure before trying and going through the process. The reason I ask is this issue will come up at the very end after I get the ITA. I guess this is my only option.

Another thing. Say I get the PR and I move to Canada. Will my healthcare benefits cover my medical costs? Like the doctor's visit? The lab check ups? And since my meds are prescription meds will I have to pay the entire amount myself? Or will there be a co-pay option? If I take meds from the hospital? I read at many places that prescription drugs from the hospital is covered?

Also will I be able to get insurance? I read that insurance is difficult in cases of pre-existing issues.

Thank you again. You responded so fast.

Edit - Just to add I'm planning to get PR and then only move to Canada

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay thank you for the response. So I have no way to be sure before trying and going through the process. The reason I ask is this issue will come up at the very end after I get the ITA. I guess this is my only option.

Another thing. Say I get the PR and I move to Canada. Will my healthcare benefits cover my medical costs? Like the doctor's visit? The lab check ups? And since my meds are prescription meds will I have to pay the entire amount myself? Or will there be a co-pay option? If I take meds from the hospital? I read at many places that prescription drugs from the hospital is covered?

Also will I be able to get insurance? I read that insurance is difficult in cases of pre-existing issues.

Thank you again. You responded so fast.

Edit - Just to add I'm planning to get PR and then only move to Canada
Doctor's visits and lab checks ups are covered by the health care system. You typically have to pay for prescription medication on your own unless you are working for a large company that provides you with some additional coverage and will pay part of these costs. However even then, not all medications are covered. It's best to assume that you will have to pay for all of your prescription medications on your own if you come to Canada. So assume you will have to pay $5,000 per year yourself in medication costs. No - prescription drugs from the hospital are not covered. Only prescription drugs given to you while you are in the hospital as in-patient are covered.

Yes - it can be more difficult to get insurance if you have a pre-existing condition. You should assume that insurance will not cover any medical costs related to your pre-existing condition.