+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR with one time entry visa / Soft Landing/ Background

Gubbu2020

Sep 25, 2021
All, Hope everyone is doing well. I just received my COPR with a stamp on my passport to enter Canada before May 2022. I have a few quick questions - is soft landing still being allowed. I saw a couple of "YOUTUBE" videos that said it has now been discontinued. So is the govt. expecting to move with all our stuff on the first day itself, without finding a home to live in Canada etc? Doesnt seem right to me and hence wanted to check with people in this forum.

2) I had a small criminal charge 10 years back that was expunged and records sealed. There was no conviction and no records exist anymore. However, I had already disclosed all of this in my express entry application and sent them all supporting documents and they cleared my background check (obviously that is the reason I got the COPR and visa stamp). Now the COPR has a statement that says " I have not been charged / convicted of a crime in any country, Do you think the visa officer is going to ask me questions again on my background?

Anyone who has gone through soft landing experience and can share your experience would be great. I am getting super anxious.