+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

farazbutt77

Sep 5, 2015
Hello Guys,
Joining this thread as a newbee. I am just waiting for my passport with COPR to come anyday now. Was wondering if once I receive it, can I go back to my home country for a couple of weeks and enter via the international airport border. Does anyone know of anyone who experienced this and whether it causes any issues during the landing process. Not been home in over two years and my parents haven't even met my daughter yet :'(

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Yes you will be able to travel home and do your landing formalities when you are returning via an international airport, as you and your family will be issued single entry "immigrant" visas.

All the best!!!

farazbutt77

Sep 5, 2015
[/quote]
DoubleS said:
Yes you will be able to travel home and do your landing formalities when you are returning via an international airport, as you and your family will be issued single entry "immigrant" visas.

All the best!!!
Thanks DoubleS for the reply. My only concern was that I read in a few threads regarding validity of Medical. It won't matter as long as I arrive within the visa expiration date I believe right?

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Very very happy to report that I've done my landing today at Toronto's airport. I went for a trip, then came back.

The whole process went very well and smooth. There was a lineup of around 15-20 people, seems like mostly were students getting their study permits.

The officer that interviewed was super nice and helpful. There was only one interview, took around 5-10 minutes. No documents were needed other than my COPR and Passport.

After all was done, I got the magical 3 word phrase "Welcome to Canada".

Thank you all for the keeping me sane throughout the entire process. And all the best to everyone.

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashrafgk said:
Hello all,

Very very happy to report that I've done my landing today at Toronto's airport. I went for a trip, then came back.

The whole process went very well and smooth. There was a lineup of around 15-20 people, seems like mostly were students getting their study permits.

The officer that interviewed was super nice and helpful. There was only one interview, took around 5-10 minutes. No documents were needed other than my COPR and Passport.

After all was done, I got the magical 3 word phrase "Welcome to Canada".

Thank you all for the keeping me sane throughout the entire process. And all the best to everyone.
Congratulations Ashraf!

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
My husband also did his landing at Pearson airport on his trip back to Canada. Everything went well. The immigration officers were very friendly.
Good luck to all.

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question

I'm a Canadian citizen and my GF just received her CoPR. We live together in Toronto and plan to land Sept 22nd at the Peace Bridge after a day trip to Buffalo (driving). The thing is her parents are visiting at the same time and we will all be going to Buffalo together. Her parents have valid visitor visas to the US and Canada.

When we land with her parents, will it be an issue? Will CBSA be fine with the fact that her parents are just visiting and not planning to migrate with her? I rather this not be a massive ordeal if this arouses some type of suspicion. Her parents have already purchased tickets to fly back to HK from Toronto on Oct 3rd that could be used as proof. I am hosting her parents and I don't want them to be left with a sour taste in their mouth. Previously they have visited Canada and are well aware of the rudeness/strictness of Canadian border guards.

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, I am very happy and relieved to share with you the happy news! Me and my husband landed on September 5th on our way back from vacation in Mexico on Calgary airport. It took about 10 minutes, we were asked only 4 questions: Have you been convicted of any crime? Have you ever been deported from any country? Do you have any other dependants? and Are you married to someone else?
After that, the officer sent us to sit and few minutes later he asked us to sign both copies of COPR on 3 different spots. Then he said with this stamp in passport and COPR you can go get the new SIN and Alberta health because you are now permanent residents, congratulations.

I wanted to thank all of you guys on this forum - this community helped me a lot while going through this stressful process and I wish you all the best of luck in your process and happy future in Canada! God bless you guys!

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi guys... Need help..

I'm on implied status now and was applied Bowp last May 15... But I got my COPR already and planning to do flagpole at COUTTS next week.. . Is it safe to do so since I'm on implied status?? And what else I need to bring if I'll do the flag polling..
Appreciate your advice and your own experience.

Thanks

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
elisha79 said:
Hi guys... Need help..

I'm on implied status now and was applied Bowp last May 15... But I got my COPR already and planning to do flagpole at COUTTS next week.. . Is it safe to do so since I'm on implied status?? And what else I need to bring if I'll do the flag polling..
Appreciate your advice and your own experience.

Thanks
There should be no issue for you to do the landing formalities at the border.

The documents required are;

1) Passport
2) COPR
3) Bank Statement
4) Address for PR Card
5) You current study/work permit
6) Wouldn't hurt to take a letter from your employer or school confirming your current status.

I took all these documents I mentioned. The officer didn't ask for any of them except for the passport and COPR but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps. Best wishes and Congratulations!!

:)

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my landing on implied status as well. Wasn't asked for anything else but passport, CoPR and proof of current address (driver's license should suffice).
Take other dox as required.. just in case.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Fitztorious said:
Quick question

I'm a Canadian citizen and my GF just received her CoPR. We live together in Toronto and plan to land Sept 22nd at the Peace Bridge after a day trip to Buffalo (driving). The thing is her parents are visiting at the same time and we will all be going to Buffalo together. Her parents have valid visitor visas to the US and Canada.

When we land with her parents, will it be an issue? Will CBSA be fine with the fact that her parents are just visiting and not planning to migrate with her? I rather this not be a massive ordeal if this arouses some type of suspicion. Her parents have already purchased tickets to fly back to HK from Toronto on Oct 3rd that could be used as proof. I am hosting her parents and I don't want them to be left with a sour taste in their mouth. Previously they have visited Canada and are well aware of the rudeness/strictness of Canadian border guards.
It won't be a problem. I did my landing with my mom who is just visiting on Sept 14, she also has both US and Canadian visitor visas. They asked her status, when she came to Canada and when she is scheduled to return home.

All the best.

canadaxprs

May 3, 2015
Hi guys,

Congratulations to you. I was just wondering for those of you who did successfully land after getting the ppr (through CEC) what did you answer to the officer at the border for funds available? In other words what did you bring as proof of fund, just your last bank statement and last pay stubs? Thank you very much in advance.

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DoubleS said:
It won't be a problem. I did my landing with my mom who is just visiting on Sept 14, she also has both US and Canadian visitor visas. They asked her status, when she came to Canada and when she is scheduled to return home.

All the best.
Perfect, thank you!