Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wizzy87 said:
Wow sounds like a bad employer. When is your vacation? I believe you can get travel documents to cover you while your waiting for your PR card to come through. Depends when your vacation is but I would be inclined to get your status as soon as you receive your passports back from Ottawa. Then you can do what you want with the employer.

I don't think the CBSA will call your husbands employer.
It is a very bad employer - worked for them for few months as well - luckily I was on open WP as accompanying spouse. We are hoping to have our passport back within maybe 7-10 days (mailed it on Thursday, Aug 13), then we will book it immediately. I believe they will not call the employer anymore - they didnt call during processing our application at all and that would make much more sense (and was a big concern of ours). So once we cross the border, he will just not show up at work anymore. I don't believe at that point anyone would care where he works...

Wizzy87

Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
terulinkarezinka said:
It is a very bad employer - worked for them for few months as well - luckily I was on open WP as accompanying spouse. We are hoping to have our passport back within maybe 7-10 days (mailed it on Thursday, Aug 13), then we will book it immediately. I believe they will not call the employer anymore - they didnt call during processing our application at all and that would make much more sense (and was a big concern of ours). So once we cross the border, he will just not show up at work anymore. I don't believe at that point anyone would care where he works...
What I'm trying to say is that, if it was me i think i would prefer to get my status sorted out before going on holiday or even booking the holiday, but thats my opinion.

here is a link that may help you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wizzy87 said:
What I'm trying to say is that, if it was me i think i would prefer to get my status sorted out before going on holiday or even booking the holiday, but thats my opinion.

here is a link that may help you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Oh, I got what you mean - I was trying, but my husband refuses to do flag-pole on US border because he needs US visa and is scared to screw up his future possibility of travelling to US and visiting friends there. We'll probably just be honest with the employer that we are going to vacation and doing the landing, but he will just not come back after we come back to the country. They are nasty people, but at this point, we are not scared of them anymore and we will do what we need to do for us. The consultant who helped us with our application said the CIC should not ask about his employment anymore, but if they do and he decides to quit before we are re-entering Canada, he should just be honest with them and we should be fine.

Wizzy87

Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
terulinkarezinka said:
Oh, I got what you mean - I was trying, but my husband refuses to do flag-pole on US border because he needs US visa and is scared to screw up his future possibility of travelling to US and visiting friends there. We'll probably just be honest with the employer that we are going to vacation and doing the landing, but he will just not come back after we come back to the country. They are nasty people, but at this point, we are not scared of them anymore and we will do what we need to do for us. The consultant who helped us with our application said the CIC should not ask about his employment anymore, but if they do and he decides to quit before we are re-entering Canada, he should just be honest with them and we should be fine.
so when i went to flagpole at the border, i thought i would need a visa, but because i said i was flag poling i didn't need one and they gave me a sheet of paper and guided me back to the canadian border. There was no need to get a visa.

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wizzy87 said:
so when i went to flagpole at the border, i thought i would need a visa, but because i said i was flag poling i didn't need one and they gave me a sheet of paper and guided me back to the canadian border. There was no need to get a visa.
Thank you Wizzy - that's what I keep telling him, but he is just freaking out lol I will keep trying and we will see when our COPR comes from Ottawa :)

trricky

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE created Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
18-04-2015
Nomination.....
18-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
IELTS Request
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Passport Req..
15 AUG 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
22 Aug 2015
I've sent the passport and pictures ... Maybe on Wednesday they will arrive to Ottawa... I was planning to do the flagpole in coutts here in Alberta. Does Anyone have done the flagpole there?

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
I did my landing Saturday evening at the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Since I don't need a visa for US and y wife does have it, we decided to combine with a day trip in the Buffalo area since it was rather busy at the Canadian border.
So we came back at the border around 9pm and there was no waiting. Just tell why we were there, asked the questions regarding crimes... and just confirmed if I was already working. No other questions. In 10 min all was handled and we could go.

I just asked him about the COPR papers for my kids, since CPC switched the photo's on them. My kids will be back in 2 weeks and the officer said that would be no problem and they will handle the photo's when I'm back there in about 2 weeks with my kids.

I also asked how about making trips with the car to US and come back before the PR card and as long as it is private transport (no bus/train/plane) it is no problem to cross the border back to Canada with the COPR paper in the passport.

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doing landing at Rainbow Bridge tomorrow! Hope it goes fast! :p

trricky

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE created Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
18-04-2015
Nomination.....
18-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
IELTS Request
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Passport Req..
15 AUG 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
22 Aug 2015
I have one question... I'm in implied status and I've sent the Passport copies to Ottawa for the COPR ...
Next step will be the flagpole once the docs arrives... but after that I will need to wait for PR card to cross the border again or I just need to tell to the officers to release some temporary documents?

the reason why I'm asking is to have something to travel to us for business or vacation

thks

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
k3ndy said:
Doing landing at Rainbow Bridge tomorrow! Hope it goes fast! :p
There are a couple of websites you can check the waiting time at the border itself. If all is going fast than chances are that it will be fast in the immigration office as well.

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
trricky said:
I have one question... I'm in implied status and I've sent the Passport copies to Ottawa for the COPR ...
Next step will be the flagpole once the docs arrives... but after that I will need to wait for PR card to cross the border again or I just need to tell to the officers to release some temporary documents?

the reason why I'm asking is to have something to travel to us for business or vacation

thks
I asked this at the landing.
A copy of the COPR is put in your passport. This allows crossing the border in a non-commercial transport.
So if you cross to USA and come back with your car it is ok while waiting for the PR card. But buses/trains and planes will not work with this.
In that case you might need to ask for a entry visa or I read something about a travel doc, but I'm not sure what it is.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fonteynb said:
I asked this at the landing.
A copy of the COPR is put in your passport. This allows crossing the border in a non-commercial transport.
So if you cross to USA and come back with your car it is ok while waiting for the PR card. But buses/trains and planes will not work with this.
In that case you might need to ask for a entry visa or I read something about a travel doc, but I'm not sure what it is.
I heard of a travel doc too but the person said you need to mention this at the "first" landing process
But I'm not sure what it is called
Can someone shed some light on this

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am at the border right now at Rainbow Bridge. Walked to US side at 11:20 am on a Tuesday. I was served right away. Got the flag poling white paper in 2 mins. Didn't really ask for anything; just did casual talk. Walked to the Canadian side at 11:27 am and I was helped right away also. Officer only asked 2 questions; whether I was convicted of any crime and whether I had any dependent and was told to have a seat. I was called back after 15 mins. Asked to sign and left building at 11:46 am! Woohoo! Done!

Wizzy87

Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
k3ndy said:
So I am at the border right now at Rainbow Bridge. Walked to US side at 11:20 am on a Tuesday. I was served right away. Got the flag poling white paper in 2 mins. Didn't really ask for anything; just did casual talk. Walked to the Canadian side at 11:27 am and I was helped right away also. Officer only asked 2 questions; whether I was convicted of any crime and whether I had any dependent and was told to have a seat. I was called back after 15 mins. Asked to sign and left building at 11:46 am! Woohoo! Done!

congrats!! feels good eh!

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wizzy87 said:
congrats!! feels good eh!
It does. I felt more excited when I got PPR though. Today was more just having to get it done kind of feeling. So relieved it is finally over though! After 7 years in Canada!