+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR and travelling India

shokijames

Nov 24, 2021
I received my COPR on November 12, 2021 and currently I am in Canada. But I will be travelling to India in February 2022 and I havn't received my PR card yet. What document do I need to show while reentering Canada as COPR clearly indicates that "not for travel purposes".

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received my COPR on December 12, 2021 and currently I am in Canada. But I will be travelling to India in February 2022 and I havn't received my PR card yet. What document do I need to show while reentering Canada as COPR clearly indicates that "not for travel purposes".
You received your COPR in the future already? Presume you mean either november this year or december 2020.

At any rate: you will either need your PR card or apply for a PRTD. The latter may take some time.

If you got copr and landed in november, normal timeframe so far. If last december, you should contact IRCC - something is wrong for it to take so long for first PR card.

Reactions: shokijames

shokijames

Nov 24, 2021
You received your COPR in the future already? Presume you mean either november this year or december 2020.

At any rate: you will either need your PR card or apply for a PRTD. The latter may take some time.

If you got copr and landed in november, normal timeframe so far. If last december, you should contact IRCC - something is wrong for it to take so long for first PR card.
That was a mistake. Sorry about that. Actually I got it on November 12.
I have already booked my flight tickets and as per CIC it can take from 6 to 8 weeks to receive PRTD. Also, do they require passport to issue PRTD?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That was a mistake. Sorry about that. Actually I got it on November 12.
I have already booked my flight tickets and as per CIC it can take from 6 to 8 weeks to receive PRTD. Also, do they require passport to issue PRTD?
No worries, cross fingers you'll have enough time to get your PR card.

If you end up needing a PRTD, yes, you'd need to submit your passport.

Reactions: shokijames

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Received my PR card on Dec 1, 2021.
congrats! Living in that uncertainty when you have booked the tickets is very difficult. I am in a similar situation... I may get the COPR in January and have to travel to India in Feb....lets see how everything goes.

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Have you filled the PR portal?
no...haven't got the portal email yet. They have requested some additional documents for marriage proof. Usually the portal email is expected within 2 weeks after this, followed by COPR. So I am worried that I may not get PR card in time...ie. before 15 Feb