+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received confirmation of PR Inland application approved but need to travel outside of Canada in 2 weeks.

newbs

Dec 2, 2022
I am CEC inland and got confirmation that my PR application has been approved yesterday. While it's such a relief, I need to travel to the US in two weeks and I know it is not enough time to obtain my PR card and it is to my understanding that once I am confirmed as a PR I cannot travel back to Canada by plane without a PR card and my work permit/TRV becomes invalid.

My consultant has advised that I do not reply to the PR confirmation email to move to COPR step and wait till I come back from my trip to reply and move to the COPR step since I'm only travelling for a few days. I was advised to come back to Canada with my work permit and TRV. It says that I have 30 days to reply to the PR confirmation email.

Has anyone had experience with this before and can advise? I am afraid that this may jeopardize my PR and I also don't want to encounter any issues when I come back to Canada if I decide to leave.