+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BVL on 14 Feb but nothing since then (People with BVL and no update, please reply here)

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Applied from Pakistan on May 7th 2020 NON SDS
Medical and Additional documents request on August 5th 2020
Submitted the requested docs on August 27th 2020
AIP in GC Key on Sept. 4th 2020
Medical updated in Portal on Dec. 17th 2020
BVL from Ottawa on Jan 4th 2021
No updates after that.
Huh ... almost two months since a BVL and still no decision? Have you sent a webform or something because usually decision comes in a matter of days or few weeks after BVL?

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
Huh ... almost two months since a BVL and still no decision? Have you sent a webform or something because usually decision comes in a matter of days or few weeks after BVL?
No i didnt send any webform yet. Just waiting. If i dont hear anything in the next week then I will contact them. Some people have received approval 60 to 70 days after BVL...

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
I received my opr 3 months after bvl. Bvl was nov 16 and opr feb 17. Hang in there! ❤
Thats insane. I wonder whats taking them so long after BVL. I heard that BVL is sent after a decision is made on the application. If the decision is made then why hold it for 3 months? This is really unfair. Did you send them any webforms after getting BVL or you received the decision without it?

Chessie

Aug 13, 2020
Thats insane. I wonder whats taking them so long after BVL. I heard that BVL is sent after a decision is made on the application. If the decision is made then why hold it for 3 months? This is really unfair. Did you send them any webforms after getting BVL or you received the decision without it?
Sent them about 4 webforms and 1 email directly to ottawa and their responses were always generic.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Yes man, you're absolutely correct. Decision is made and is completely final when the BVL is sent. I also applied from Pakistan btw, and I know a guy who got a BVL in November and had to wait ~79 days after that, before he got his PPR! Noone knows why they wait even a single minute after sending BVL as they should just send the decision right away

Reactions: usman_1986

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I received my BVL, the biometrics verification letter, on Feb 14 but have not received a decision since then. Is there anyone else with BVL, still waiting for a decision?
When did you apply? Do you AIP? Did you apply via SDS? I am assuming you got BVL from AbuDhabi, I also applied in July 2020 via SDS

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
July 30. No AIP. Studying online since Fall and yes, SDS and BVL through AD
Wish you best of luck, I only had errored AIP but found it risky to take online classes, however my application moved from Ottawa to AD recently, hopefully you will get decision by next week.

People who got BVL on 15th Feb. got their PPRs on 21st Feb, so I guess it is a positive trend.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Wish you best of luck, I only had errored AIP but found it risky to take online classes, however my application moved from Ottawa to AD recently, hopefully you will get decision by next week.

People who got BVL on 15th Feb. got their PPRs on 21st Feb, so I guess it is a positive trend.
Yes, same to you man, best of luck! And by the way, I also got that glitched AIP on 3rd September which was sent by error.

Reactions: Hopenotout98