+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BVL on 14 Feb but nothing since then (People with BVL and no update, please reply here)

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
I received my BVL, the biometrics verification letter, on Feb 14 but have not received a decision since then. Is there anyone else with BVL, still waiting for a decision?

benmelsong

Feb 26, 2021
I received my BVL, the biometrics verification letter, on Feb 14 but have not received a decision since then. Is there anyone else with BVL, still waiting for a decision?
Me, I received the BVL and medical update yesterday.
I am waiting for the decision and praying for a PPR as well.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Me, I received the BVL and medical update yesterday.
I am waiting for the decision and praying for a PPR as well.
Best of Luck! And please update here when you get a decision. And can you please let me know which office you received bvl from? It says in bottom left hand corner of the bvl.

benmelsong

Feb 26, 2021
Best of Luck! And please update here when you get a decision. And can you please let me know which office you received bvl from? It says in bottom left hand corner of the bvl.
Will do. Hoping for the best to us! Hope we'll got PPR soon!

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020 and it’s over a month :( Lodged my application on the month of February 2020. With full application including bio and medical passed before lockdown.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020 and it’s over a month :( Lodged my application on the month of February 2020. With full application including bio and medical passed before lockdown.
Where did you apply from and did you deffer you intake to a later one?

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Where did you apply from and did you deffer you intake to a later one?
Applied from Philippines. Our school have a monthly start dates coz it’s a private school that’s why. Do u have an idea what could my final decision is? This anxiety is killing me everyday :(

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
What’s your timeline?
Applied from Pakistan on May 7th 2020 NON SDS
Medical and Additional documents request on August 5th 2020
Submitted the requested docs on August 27th 2020
AIP in GC Key on Sept. 4th 2020
Medical updated in Portal on Dec. 17th 2020
BVL from Ottawa on Jan 4th 2021
No updates after that.

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Applied from Pakistan on May 7th 2020 NON SDS
Medical and Additional documents request on August 5th 2020
Submitted the requested docs on August 27th 2020
AIP in GC Key on Sept. 4th 2020
Medical updated in Portal on Dec. 17th 2020
BVL from Ottawa on Jan 4th 2021
No updates after that.
Did you call IRCC for follow ups?

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
Did you call IRCC for follow ups?
Sent a webform in November. Got a generic reply in December that application is being processed and I can continue my studies online and will be notified when there is a final decision on my application. It also said that duplicate webforms sent for the same issue wont be answered. So didnt send anymore webforms...

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Sent a webform in November. Got a generic reply in December that application is being processed and I can continue my studies online and will be notified when there is a final decision on my application. It also said that duplicate webforms sent for the same issue wont be answered. So didnt send anymore webforms...
Oh i see. For me I don’t have any idea on how to follow up or to raise a webform coz I applied thru an agency. It’s keep mo wondering why did i just received my BVL on Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020.

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
Oh i see. For me I don’t have any idea on how to follow up or to raise a webform coz I applied thru an agency. It’s keep mo wondering why did i just received my BVL on Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020.
Ask your agent to send a webform to IRCC requesting an update on your application since its more than a year you applied.

The reason you received a back dated BVL is just because of COVID delays. You were supposed to get this BVL on April 29 but didnt because of the lockdowns and delays.

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Ask your agent to send a webform to IRCC requesting an update on your application since its more than a year you applied.

The reason you received a back dated BVL is just because of COVID delays. You were supposed to get this BVL on April 29 but didnt because of the lockdowns and delays.
I already told them. But you know it’s up to them what they should be doing for follow ups. They just told me that they are keep following up my application on the limits allowed and told me just keep the faith. Just a very anxious what could be my final decision... :(

Reactions: Aesopzai