+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received AOR on 3rd of April; application got denied exactly a week later

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:Wow i'm just speechless right now that such it has become to technical. This little bit of information is vital for all CEC applicants and its so hidden.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmpm said:
Totally...so the point is the weeks when whymee worked less than 30hours were not considered at all?? ....Sad :(
How would they know the weeks I worked less than 30 hours though? That's my question. They don't have access to my employers database to go into such detail.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Kozmoj said:
I am sorry to hear that.

I want to give you guys an one more opinion thinking about the reason why whymeee's application got denied.

My opinion is this.

In the old rules, they mentioned that "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED.", beside the definition of work experience, "Experience can be calculated by ADDING UP THE NUMBER OF WEEKS OF FULL-TIME WORK, i.e. 37.5 hours per week in one job or A TOTAL OF AT LEAST 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK IN MORE THAN ONE JOB, in one or more of the NOC categories."

That means, ORIGINALLY, "only" at least 37.5 hours work per week can be considered as a full-time work. And the experience could be calculated by adding up the number of WEEKS, not the sum of the work HOURS. But, as they include one exceptional option, total work hours (1,950) ALSO had been considered as a full-time equivalence.

But, in the new rules, the sentence about the total work hour has been deleted in some reason. I think we have to think this carefully. I am not sure it really does have meaning or not at the moment. But, if they removed that sentence on purpose, that means they are not going to give us the exceptional option any more (Sum of total work hours; since they mentioned this option with an work, "ALSO"; also be considered).

When we calculate the work experience with this concept, I can show you the examples.

If someone has worked
25 hours / week for a week and
30 hours / week for 50 week and
35 hours / week for a week for a perion of an year (52 weeks).
In this case, total work hours can be calculated as 1,560 hours (average 30 hours/week for 52 weeks). This calculation makes you eligible for CEC application with old rule. But in this case, number of weeks of full-time work is 51 weeks, which gives you less than 12 months (52 weeks) of work experience. This calculation makes you ineligible for CEC applicatino under new rule.

Example 1
25 hours X 1 week = 0 week full-time work,
30 hours X 50 weeks = 50 weeks full-time work,
35 hours X 1 week = 1 week full-time work
-> 51 week of full-time works -> insufficient!!!

Example 2
25 hours X 1 week = 0 week full-time work,
30 hours X 51 weeks = 51 weeks full-time work,
35 hours X 1 week = 1 week full-time work
-> 52 week of full-time works during their 53 weeks of period -> sufficient!

So, in my understanding, if someone want their work experience to be considered as a full-time equivalent with the part time job, they should work more than 30 hours per week in MORE THAN ONE JOB for 52 weeks to make it full-time equivalent work experience. (Number of weeks, which they have worked more than 30 hours per week, should be higher than 52.)

Does this make sense?
Can you share the link where they have defined the equivalence of hours for the new rule?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from_mumbai said:
Can you share the link where they have defined the equivalence of hours for the new rule?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp#skilled

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
yahoo7 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp#skilled
thanks yahoo7. but m not looking for this one.

I'm asking for the detailed definition of how they calculate the equivalence of hours incase someone worked part-time (less than 30 hrs)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from_mumbai said:
thanks yahoo7. but m not looking for this one.

I'm asking for the detailed definition of how they calculate the equivalence of hours incase someone worked part-time (less than 30 hrs)
I dont think that info is available anywhere on CIC wbesite or atleast I was unable to find it. Let us wait for more replies just incase if someone has some info.

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
from_mumbai said:
All the information I quote are from their operational manuals

Old rule (application made before 2 Jan 2013)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

New rule (application made after 2 Jan 2013)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
yahoo7 said:
I dont think that info is available anywhere on CIC wbesite or atleast I was unable to find it. Let us wait for more replies just incase if someone has some info.
by the way..

what was ur IELTS reading score?

#No Offense

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Kozmoj said:
All the information I quote are from their operational manuals

Old rule (application made before 2 Jan 2013)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

New rule (application made after 2 Jan 2013)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf
thanks Kozmoj

Misscupcake

Apr 11, 2013
Sigh threads like these depress me. I'm supposedly considered fulltime but my hours range from 20-40 hours week. I have met the 1950 hours (I even calculated) but it's done over a period of 18 months. Sigh is there any point?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Kozmoj said:
So, in my understanding, if someone want their work experience to be considered as a full-time equivalent with the part time job, they should work more than 30 hours per week in MORE THAN ONE JOB for 52 weeks to make it full-time equivalent work experience. (Number of weeks, which they have worked more than 30 hours per week, should be higher than 52.)

Does this make sense?
No. What it means is that you add up all your part time hours, divide by 30 (hours per week, the definition of full time), and then you get the "equivalent" number of full-time weeks.

So, let's say you work a mix of part-time and full-time hours. You find that you have 30 weeks of full-time work experience. So you need the equivalent of another 22 weeks in part time hours to meet the 1 year requirement. 22*30=660 hours. (The number of weeks will be more than 22).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
whymeee said:
How would they know the weeks I worked less than 30 hours though? That's my question. They don't have access to my employers database to go into such detail.
At first I thought you said you submitted your paystubs, but I misread. If you didn't submit your paystubs, they could still contact your employer.

But if you think they made an error (it does happen), you could contact them immediately and appeal. Just be sure you are right before you do that.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jes_ON said:
No. What it means is that you add up all your part time hours, divide by 30 (hours per week, the definition of full time), and then you get the "equivalent" number of full-time weeks.

So, let's say you work a mix of part-time and full-time hours. You find that you have 30 weeks of full-time work experience. So you need the equivalent of another 22 weeks in part time hours to meet the 1 year requirement. 22*30=660 hours. (The number of weeks will be more than 22).
Sorry jes_ON,

I completely disagree with you.. Read the section 6.3 on page 7 of this guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
from_mumbai said:
Sorry jes_ON,

I completely disagree with you.. Read the section 6.3 on page 7 of this guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf
LOL, I suggest you re-read it. :) Page 6, actually. Or let me know exactly what you think I'm wrong about, and then I can either explain why or reconsider.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
I agree with jes_ON. If all your countable weeks had to be more than 30 hours/week, then that would be counted as full time work anyway. CIC would not need to mention part time equivalency.