+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received AOR on 3rd of April; application got denied exactly a week later

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jes_ON said:
LOL, I suggest you re-read it. :) Page 6, actually. Or let me know exactly what you think I'm wrong about, and then I can either explain why or reconsider.
I don't simply disagree with such an experienced member like you. I already read it carefully like 3 times before making that comment...

"The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the
equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g. more than one part-time job held
simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year
of full-time work).
Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or
equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per
week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations"

Is there anything else where I should read other than this?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
from_mumbai said:
I don't simply disagree with such an experienced member like you. I already read it carefully like 3 times before making that comment...

"The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the
equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g. more than one part-time job held
simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year
of full-time work).
Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or
equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per
week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations"
So what exactly in there is different from what I said?

Aussieaussie!

Mar 12, 2013
How do you calculate if you qualify if you are paid bi weekly?

Adding my total hours I far exceed the total amount of hours.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Aussieaussie! said:
How do you calculate if you qualify if you are paid bi weekly?

Adding my total hours I far exceed the total amount of hours.
There is no "total" amount of hours, there is a full-time work work requirement that can be met with part-time hours. But once again, if you work 30, 35, 40, or 80 hours per week, it doesn't matter -- it is just one week of full-time work.

As far as bi-weekly - it is difficult if your weekly hours vary. I suggest asking your employer if you did not keep your own records. but in the end, if that is all you have to go with, if you work 60 hours (or more) biweekly, you'd have to assume that is 2 full-time weeks. If it is fewer than 60 hours bi-weekly, then you'd have to calculate the full-time equivalent...

Aussieaussie!

Mar 12, 2013
jes_ON said:
There is no "total" amount of hours, there is a full-time work work requirement that can be met with part-time hours. But once again, if you work 30, 35, 40, or 80 hours per week, it doesn't matter -- it is just one week of full-time work.

As far as bi-weekly - it is difficult if your weekly hours vary. I suggest asking your employer if you did not keep your own records. but in the end, if that is all you have to go with, if you work 60 hours (or more) biweekly, you'd have to assume that is 2 full-time weeks. If it is fewer than 60 hours bi-weekly, then you'd have to calculate the full-time equivalent...
Ok so calculating my bi weekely hours, there are 40 weeks I worked full time 60+ hours every 2 weeks and about 20ish weeks where I worked under fulltime hours below 60 hours every 2 weeks. I qualify right?

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
At first I thought you said you submitted your paystubs, but I misread. If you didn't submit your paystubs, they could still contact your employer.

But if you think they made an error (it does happen), you could contact them immediately and appeal. Just be sure you are right before you do that.
I did submit pay stubs, and my reference letter listed HR's phone number. Doesn't seem like they bothered to fully verify my eligibility before making a decision.

By appeal you mean send an email to Sydney?

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
This is getting more complicated. I still do not understand why whymeee is not considered qualified.

I may be completely off base here but the only explanation I can think of is that you have to be working 30 hrs a week for 12 months, not borrowing hrs from other weeks to make up 30 hrs.

Code:
"Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours [u]per week[/u] in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours [u]per week[/u] in more than one job)"
So for a week to be considered full time, if you worked only 25 hrs in one week from one job, you have to have 5 hrs of skilled work from different job in the same week. Does that make sense? It sounds dumb but that's the only explanation I can think of.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jes_ON said:
So what exactly in there is different from what I said?
All I can understand from that is they will not consider the weeks with less than 30 hrs work.
They want people to work atleast 30 hrs from one or more than one job.

Further, they have said that they will add up the number of weeks where you worked atleast 30 hrs.
They haven't said that they will consider the total hours and match it to the requirement

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Ottawa10 said:
This is getting more complicated. I still do not understand why whymeee is not considered qualified.

I may be completely off base here but the only explanation I can think of is that you have to be working 30 hrs a week for 12 months, not borrowing hrs from other weeks to make up 30 hrs.

"Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per week in more than one job)"

So for a week to be considered full time, if you worked only 25 hrs in one week from one job, you have to have 5 hrs of skilled work from different job in the same week. Does that make sense? It sounds dumb but that's the only explanation I can think of.
Read the quoted statement again
I still disagree with what you mentioned in your last statement. Lets wait for someone else to explain...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ottawa10 said:
Yes, that is EXACTLY the point.

Aussieaussie!

Mar 12, 2013
Misscupcake said:
But you can rack up weeks if you worked weeks less than 30 hours to make it up for the year... right? :D
Boy I hope so otherwise I am soooo screwed, my work visa expires pretty sooon....... ???

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
from_mumbai said:
All I can understand from that is they will not consider the weeks with less than 30 hrs work.
They want people to work atleast 30 hrs from one or more than one job.

equivalent in part-time, paid work experience." That means part-time work (less than 30 hours per week is accepted.

Further, they have said that they will add up the number of weeks where you worked atleast 30 hrs.
They haven't said that they will consider the total hours and match it to the requirement

Agreed - TOTAL hours are not relevant, because CIC really doesn't care if if you work more than 30 hours per week - it is just full-time. In fact, CIC says you cannot use those "extra hours" to reduce the work requirement.

HOWEVER, CIC does accept "one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work." CIC gives the equivalent, 30 hours = one week. But this calculation only matters for part-time hours. If you work 15 hours a week, you have to work 2 weeks to achieve the equivalent of 1 full-time week.

How do I know? Because my contract states that I work "a minimum of 33.75 hours per week;" since I am salaried, there is no data on actual hours worked. At the time, full-time was defined as 37.5 hours per week, so I was technically "part-time." My calculations were confirmed by a VO who used to be based in my city.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Misscupcake said:
But you can rack up weeks if you worked weeks less than 30 hours to make it up for the year... right? :D
Not sure what you mean - you cannot compensate for a 20 hour week by working 40 hours another week. You'd have to work another 10 hours to have 2 weeks.

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
The fact is:
they mentioned that "Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or
equivalent) paid work
". And this "full-time" means "30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per
week in more than one job
".

So, I think:
the eligible applicant is supposed to have 30 hours per week in one job (in case of full time job) or at least 30 hours per week in more than one job (in case of part time job; two or more part time jobs in the same week).
To be eligible under part time job, applicant should have more than one job to make at least 30 hours work experience per week.
-> Can it be the answer for the question of spookyb?

And jes_ON,
I couldn't find anywhere in the manuals which they mentioned "you can add up all your part time hours, divide by 30".