Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
First of All, I am new here as I am just getting started researching all the issues relating to working and living in Canada and this place seems to be a treasure trove of information on everything relating to that.

I live and work in US as a highly skilled foreign worker (H1b). I have family in Canada and am here for visiting them. I work in a specific technology that has great demand in Oil and Gas and government. I was introduced to a couple of professionals while here and they have tried to recruit me. The way it is now that I am in negotiations for an offer with two organizations. We have come to an agreement on compensation and benefits and they are drafting offer letters now but I want to make sure that there are any other issues I need to be aware of that I should discuss before accepting. Following questions I have and I will truly appreciate your responses to these:

1. LMO, Work Permit, Visit Visa
I understand that the organization will file for an LMO for me. I will go back to US and continue to work for my employer there until the LMO is approved (so I am not out of a job if it is denied). After going through these forums I came to know that once I get the LMO, I actually have to file for a Work Permit and I found out that some people are issued WP at the port of entry while others have to wait additional time. How is this determined? I, for example, have a Canadian Visit Visa with Multiple Entries valid for 2.5 years. If I get approval for LMO can I just enter Canada based on that visa and ask the immigration official to issue me a Work Permit? Is there a "work visa" for Canada like US H1B?

2. AEO
As my engagement with the organization will be on an indefinite basis, they are filing for LMO to get me here quickly, they are committed to helping me with becoming a PR as soon as I start working. I understand, again from online research, that an approved LMO can be submitted to CIC and be converted into an Arranged Employment Offer that I can use to file for immigration. The case will be processed at Buffalo and should take about 14 months. Here are the questions that I have about this:
The LMO and Work Permit time lines are different? i.e. 12 months or 14 months or 6 months?
What happens if my LMO is for 12 months and the PR application takes 14 months to complete?
Is there a problem generally if an LMO is converted into an AEO?
Any other advice or clarifications I need from the employer before I accept?

Thanks a million