+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons to reject an ITA

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ybjianada said:
I wonder what documents you are talking about. If it is Police Certificates, or other post-ITA documents whose processing is beyond your control, I believe you can always request additional time?
I hope it is not language test scores or ECA reports – one is supposed to have done these before entering the pool.
I wonder whether there are any people who fall into the latter category – those who entered the pool using estimates of language test results and presumed ECA reports and were issued ITAs (I am not saying you). It would be grossly unfair to the other applicants who followed the procedures, and who were not selected because those applicants were higher ranked ...
More than being grossly unfair to others, it would be grossly stupid on their own part as doing this would lead to immediate rejection and possibly charges of misrepresentation as well! :)

Reactions: Desean

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
More than being grossly unfair to others, it would be grossly stupid on their own part as doing this would lead to immediate rejection and possibly charges of misrepresentation as well! :)
Yeah, doesn't that get you barred straight up for, like, 5 years at least with a permanent record?

Debukola001

Sep 9, 2019
I need help. I think i might have to reject my ITA. My EOI score was 78 but when I calculated again afterreciving my ITA IT GAVE ME 68 over and over again. I think I might have selected french and i have no french score. Should I reject the ITA, as I dont want them to say I misrepresented.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I need help. I think i might have to reject my ITA. My EOI score was 78 but when I calculated again afterreciving my ITA IT GAVE ME 68 over and over again. I think I might have selected french and i have no french score. Should I reject the ITA, as I dont want them to say I misrepresented.
You should yes; it might not be misrepresentation but it could ( and will most likely) lead to refusal straight into R10 completeness check as your application will be missing french test sheets score; you will lose application fees money which is not refundable.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Yes withdraw your EOI or just do not respond within the deadline.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Hi all who have been fortunate enough to get an ITA, I've read various stories of people having to reject their ITA. I thought I'd pose the question for my benefit and for the benefit of those who have never been in this fortunate position.

I'm on 486 points and qualify under CEC. I have over 1 year experience in my field in Canada working as a professional Accountant.

Under what circumstances should one reject an ITA as a single candidate? Is it because the system calculates an incorrect score?

I also know there are people who had to reject an ITA due to marriage/becoming single between being accepted as an EE candidate and receiving an ITA.

Grateful to hear your experiences. Thank you for your replies.
I got my ITA on 8th January this year and I spent the weekend thinking if going through the process. The reason is I am now working in Switzerland, happily with a permanent contract. However, I am not yet qualified for Switzerland PR. After considering the timing, taxation, etc. I am now preparing for the documents for Canada PR and I just did my upfront medical exam.

Whether or not to accept the ITA depends on your current situation, like your job, your now residing country and how you feel about your life at the moment.

Of course, another reason for some people rejecting their ITA is they find some errors in their CRS score.

Debukola001

Sep 9, 2019
You should yes; it might not be misrepresentation but it could ( and will most likely) lead to refusal straight into R10 completeness check as your application will be missing french test sheets score; you will lose application fees money which is not refundable.
Thank you. Sadly, It has to be done.