+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons to reject an ITA

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all who have been fortunate enough to get an ITA, I've read various stories of people having to reject their ITA. I thought I'd pose the question for my benefit and for the benefit of those who have never been in this fortunate position.

I'm on 486 points and qualify under CEC. I have over 1 year experience in my field in Canada working as a professional Accountant.

Under what circumstances should one reject an ITA as a single candidate? Is it because the system calculates an incorrect score?

I also know there are people who had to reject an ITA due to marriage/becoming single between being accepted as an EE candidate and receiving an ITA.

Grateful to hear your experiences. Thank you for your replies.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try and never refuse an ITA especially if you don't have a high enough score. The only reasons why one might consider refusing an ITA is if one is unable to collect and upload relevant documents within 60 days or if there are changes in circumstances leading to the possibility of losing program eligibility and/or reduction in CRS score. Examples of the latter could include imminent expiry of validity of language test, incorrect or false in the EE application, being awarded points ahead of time because the system calculates on MM/YY format etc.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much Asivad. Yes I'm not planning to reject if lucky enough to be selected. Was just nervous when I saw a few people who have previously rejected an ITA.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad just noticed something on myCIC calculation. It's listing me on the CEC program (however my 12 months) or 365 days of working in Canada is on Dec 1. I have been doing full-time contract work in my field as a professional Accountant.

Given your previous post should I decline if I get an offer in November (say next Friday or Friday fortnight). The system has as you say used the months instead of days calculation.

Thanks for your help.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are given ITA as CEC before 1st Dec, then you have to decline the ITA because you need a minimum of 1 year Canadian experience, but if you get an ITA as FSW (from your previous work experience outside Canada if you have one) then you do not need to decline.

You need to meet the minimum POF requirement for FSW if you get an ITA for FSW.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply. The thing is I should only be eligible for FSW as I have over 10 years of Foreign Work Experience in my home country.

Due to the system software though it's placing me in the CEC. Should I contact CIC and get them to try and amend? Appreciate your reply.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also if I got an ITA under CEC and declined is that counted as a mark against me?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JoacRy said:
Thank you for your reply. The thing is I should only be eligible for FSW as I have over 10 years of Foreign Work Experience in my home country.

Due to the system software though it's placing me in the CEC. Should I contact CIC and get them to try and amend? Appreciate your reply.
Don't worry if you're eligible for both CEC and FSW. You'll get ITA for FSW.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure your profile met the FSW criteria?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes when II did the calculation it came to 71 points. I believe the required number is 67. Is that right?

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont need to contact anyone now, ideally if you qualify for FSW and get an ITA before 1st Dec, it should be for FSW but if you get an ITA before 1st Dec and get a CEC ITA, you need to contact them before making an eApr else, it might be used against you when a VO checks your application because its all system handled now until you actually submit an eApr.

If you were to decline an ITA, you will automatically go back into the pool and it will not be used against you.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
In general, you reject an ITA if your documents are not in order, for example, or if you feel you have been awarded one using incorrect basis.
I currently plan on denying at least the first one I get, and maybe a few more- there are some documents I need to get in order before I apply, and I think I could do with more time there, rather than rush against a 60 day deadline.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I wonder what documents you are talking about. If it is Police Certificates, or other post-ITA documents whose processing is beyond your control, I believe you can always request additional time?
I hope it is not language test scores or ECA reports – one is supposed to have done these before entering the pool.
I wonder whether there are any people who fall into the latter category – those who entered the pool using estimates of language test results and presumed ECA reports and were issued ITAs (I am not saying you). It would be grossly unfair to the other applicants who followed the procedures, and who were not selected because those applicants were higher ranked ...

Aragorn165 said:
In general, you reject an ITA if your documents are not in order, for example, or if you feel you have been awarded one using incorrect basis.
I currently plan on denying at least the first one I get, and maybe a few more- there are some documents I need to get in order before I apply, and I think I could do with more time there, rather than rush against a 60 day deadline.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ybjianada said:
I wonder what documents you are talking about. If it is Police Certificates, or other post-ITA documents whose processing is beyond your control, I believe you can always request additional time?
I hope it is not language test scores or ECA reports – one is supposed to have done these before entering the pool.
I wonder whether there are any people who fall into the latter category – those who entered the pool using estimates of language test results and presumed ECA reports and were issued ITAs (I am not saying you). It would be grossly unfair to the other applicants who followed the procedures, and who were not selected because those applicants were higher ranked ...
Police reports, yeah. My language test results and ECA reports are all good to go haha, I got them back in April :)
I wouldn't have received my PNP if they weren't in order :p