+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys, CEC applicant here
I got my refusal yesterday
"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled
work experience in Canada: NOC 6211, Manager on Duty
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because I am not satisfied that
you have the foreign work experienced claimed. I have read your explanation regarding the discrepancy
between stated activities in this application and from a previous application and from my assessment the
balance of probabilities strongly indicates that you have not fulfilled the amount of foreign work at the
stated NOC level as claimed. As such, you have insufficient points to pass this campaign."

Do you guys suggest I should remove my foreign work experience when I make a new profile? Is there a way I can mention the foreign work experience perhaps in letter of explanation or personal history just to be safe but no intent to claim points for it or do not mention it all?

Hi there,

What I understand from the officer is that he is not satisfied you have the skills for the manager due to your previous experience. An officer kind of saying your experience in Canada is fake. Is this a big company ? after how many months you received this?

abi2490

May 1, 2019
Hello All,

For my CEC application, I only uploaded my ECA report and a few days later realized this mistake and sent my diploma through the webform. Would that be okay or will I get rejected for this mistake? Please help. Urgent
did you hear back from IRCC yet? - Any news? application moved to next stage I hope

I got an AOR on April 1 and just realized I only uploaded ECA from WES and Academic Transcript with a 'date of graduation"

Freaking out now

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
Officers in IRCC would find every reason to reject as many as possible without giving any chance to provide any missing or incorrect documentation, e.g. police certificate, university transcript, etc. All are classified as "incomplete"! That's why the rejection rate is so high[some 40%]. There is a lack of standardized procedures for officers to maintain uniform way of dealing with all these cases; individual officers seldom exercise discretion or flexibility in decision makings. Even if you request for re-consideration or re-opening of a rejected cases [incomplete], the IRCC officers would not consider at all but provide the usual officious answers that you have to re-submit through the normal channel of waiting to be invited in the next draws. Very bureaucratic and officious indeed.

abi2490

May 1, 2019
Officers in IRCC would find every reason to reject as many as possible without giving any chance to provide any missing or incorrect documentation, e.g. police certificate, university transcript, etc. All are classified as "incomplete"! That's why the rejection rate is so high[some 40%]. There is a lack of standardized procedures for officers to maintain uniform way of dealing with all these cases; individual officers seldom exercise discretion or flexibility in decision makings. Even if you request for re-consideration or re-opening of a rejected cases [incomplete], the IRCC officers would not consider at all but provide the usual officious answers that you have to re-submit through the normal channel of waiting to be invited in the next draws. Very bureaucratic and officious indeed.

But they would definitely have to check the web form documents?! Right.

I really hope so!

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
Even you attempt to provide any missing or mandatory documents at a later stage via web form, they wouldn't consider but maintain the rejection decision.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Are rejection decisions issued only after Officer's Review or Case Processing Agent could also issue one?
Only after the Officer's review.

However, if you don't pass R10 aka completeness check, which is done by the Program Assistant, your application would be rejected. This means it would not reach the Case Processing Agent.

Luqman Cesar

Nov 16, 2017
Can anyone please suggest if this would result in a rejection:

1) I apply through OINP, showing one gift deed completely showing my settlement funds

2) Get nomination certificate successfully

3) Use/deduct huge amount given through the gift deed from my account for any random purpose

4) Create another gift deed and transfer that amount to my other bank account to show my settlement funds to IRCC

5) Submit application to IRCC

I mean one bank statement for OINP and another bank statement for IRCC. Would this work?

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Can anyone please suggest if this would result in a rejection:

1) I apply through OINP, showing one gift deed completely showing my settlement funds

2) Get nomination certificate successfully

3) Use/deduct huge amount given through the gift deed from my account for any random purpose

4) Create another gift deed and transfer that amount to my other bank account to show my settlement funds to IRCC

5) Submit application to IRCC

I mean one bank statement for OINP and another bank statement for IRCC. Would this work?
This will not lead to refusal.
Documents submitted to IRCC are evaluated on their own merits.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
hi
i have been an active member of this forum and needed your help. i am actually seeking advice for my friend who got her ita(inland applicant) in april 2021 under cec. she has her work experience from april 2018 until april 2019. now when she is submitting her application it says criteria not met because her work experience doesn't fall in last 3 years criteria. her agent is saying that the application will get rejected but i read on the ircc website about the exception mentioned under section 11.2(2) (link attached below
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/section-11.2.htm

can you please help me understand it and if there is anything we can do for the same. it would be really helpful as it's her last chance to get her PR.

waiting for your response

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Can we get rejection if non mandatory documents are send translated without the original document? Or is it compulsory to send original document with translated documents?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can we get rejection if non mandatory documents are send translated without the original document? Or is it compulsory to send original document with translated documents?
You should always send both the original and the notarized translation. Not submitting the original document will likely lead to a rejection (or return) of your application.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
hi
i have been an active member of this forum and needed your help. i am actually seeking advice for my friend who got her ita(inland applicant) in april 2021 under cec. she has her work experience from april 2018 until april 2019. now when she is submitting her application it says criteria not met because her work experience doesn't fall in last 3 years criteria. her agent is saying that the application will get rejected but i read on the ircc website about the exception mentioned under section 11.2(2) (link attached below

can you please help me understand it and if there is anything we can do for the same. it would be really helpful as it's her last chance to get her PR.

Can anyone help me with this ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone help me with this ?
Your link is not working. Her experience from April 2018 to June 2018 (soon July) would not count because it is not within the last 3 years. Info is right on the site.

ave at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply (she has yet to apply)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi

The link you've provided is broken, its unreachable but I think you were trying to quote section A11.2 ? What was the exception that you saw?

To be eligible under the CEC program, the applicant has to meet the MEC (Minimum Eligibility Criteria) at the time of ITA AND at the time of submitting the PR application. The only exception to this rule is if the CRS points go down because the applicant had a birthday after receiving an ITA. So, your friend must have at least one year of work experience in the past 3 years from the date she submits the application.

I am not sure about what exception you are talking about.

If you can provide more clarity on this, myself or someone else can provide a better answer.

Reactions: Naturgrl