+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

KateS

Oct 13, 2020
Hi, I applied for study and work permit in 2017 and 2019 respectively and I chose my marital status as Single. I received both the permits. Truth is that I filed for a divorce in 2017 and it was finalized before I landed in Canada but after I had received my study permit. Recently I realized that I made a mistake and I should have chose appropriate marital status. I need to apply for PR soon and plan to disclose divorce status now.
Would this result into a rejection and ban?

Jul 12, 2020
Dear All,

Need help on OINP application urgently. I have received an NOI under the most recent tech draw by OINP. However, the work ex against which my primary NOC is listed (2174) is fr 2013-2015, which doesn't fall in the 5 year requirement as mentioned by Ontario. In this case, since an NOI is already received, what happens? Shall go ahead and file OINP profile or refuse the NOI. I am thoroughly confused and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks in advance.

ridhig1

Oct 17, 2020
I completed my first year of a two-year Master's degree (MCOM) and obtained a diploma for completing the first year. Basis this, I got an ECA for my bachelor's (3 yrs) and first year of masters (1 yr diploma mentioned previously) and the results were: Canadian Equivalency 4 yrs for bachelors and 1 yr post-graduate diploma. I was able to get a 471 score and obtain an ITA.

Now, I have completed even the second year of my Masters will upgrade my diploma to a degree however I don't have an ECA for the second year. Is it okay to just not disclose this second year and go with the one-year diploma in my PR application? Because if I disclose the second year I have to say 2 year Masters's degree in the application. Here, when I have to fill in the WES evaluation section, if I say YES it would be incorrect since I only got the first year evaluated. Hence, I decided to just go for the first year diploma in the application. Will this lead to rejection?

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
There must be something else wrong with the PCC. There is no requirement as to where to get it. The IRCC website says you "CAN" get it from the embassy.
You must submit a scan of the original + the translation. The translation must include a certified copy of the original and the translation. It's 3 versions in total in one PDF: original + certified copy + translation of the certified copy.

Did you submit it in that form?

That shouldn't be a problem. I've submitted PCCs from countries where I've stayed in the past that were issued years ago. It's fine as long as they've been issued after you've left there.
Isn;t website clearly states that they will not accept certified copy of PCC? It says must be scanned original + translation package.
Why there is a need for certified copy?

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Isn;t website clearly states that they will not accept certified copy of PCC? It says must be scanned original + translation package.
Why there is a need for certified copy?
The requirements for any translated docs are the same for IRCC as mentioned above. PCC isn’t an exception

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
The requirements for any translated docs are the same for IRCC as mentioned above. PCC isn’t an exception
Submit scanned copies of the original certificates
Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies won’t be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Read requirements

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Submit scanned copies of the original certificates
Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies won’t be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Read requirements
Thanks. Please check the link. It’s fir supporting docs, I am not sure if PCC is a supporting doc.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
even for supporting, it says:

About the translations
In all situations, supporting documents that are in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation of the original document, or of a certified copy of the original document in English or French. That translation must be

• of the original document, or
  • of the certified copy of the original document, and
  • certified by a certified translator, or in the event that the translation cannot be provided by a certified translator, it must be accompanied by an affidavit, and
  • included with the application
There is "OR" which means certified copy is not mandatory. This is how I understand it.
What do you think?

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
@Mew => It is true that you MUST submit the original document. However, without exception, you MUST also submit a valid translation for ANY DOCUMENT (includes PCC) that is not in English or French.

Here you go :

This has been discussed innumerable times on the forum since 2015. PCC is NOT an exception, you must submit both the original document along with a translation like you do for all the other documents.
Of course, I am not talking that only original is enough. Translation is a must and it is very logical.
My focus was on original vs certified copy only.

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Hello All,

For my CEC application, I only uploaded my ECA report and a few days later realized this mistake and sent my diploma through the webform. Would that be okay or will I get rejected for this mistake. Please help. Urgent

Madav

Jan 21, 2021
Can we get rejected for applying as common law (EE FSW) from a country where common law is not recognized (lebanon)?
Our CRS is above 500 but we are a little worried that this might cause problems with our application later on.
Been living with my partner for years, we have both our names on rent and electricity bills to prove it but not much besides that. We do not have the same bank account but I can write a letter to give her access to all my funds if that helps.
We were wondering if we can include that we travelled together in the past years so we have matching stamps on our passports and photos in other countries or would that be too much?
Was wondering if anyone is/was in a similar situation and can help in this subject. Thanks! ( :