+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Jul 23, 2017
Hey there,

Though IELTS Score Card is not a requirement, but it is advised to upload it as some applicants have reported rejections due to this. Please upload it via CSE at the earliest to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the prompt response @Scorpman21

I tried doing it via CSE. But there is no option for uploading additional documents. I got a response from them that I need to send it to the right department for which I have 3 options:

1. Replacement of Document
2. Amendment of Document
3. Case Status

Out of the three, I had earlier sent the CSE through amendment of document for which they asked me to raise cse again.
I dunno what should be now. Pls advise.

fussbot

Jun 13, 2017
Zero percent I believe. If they wanted they would have cancelled it without asking for RCMP. So hopefully it will be fine now. What's your background status line says?
It changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." in a matter of hours. Then I received the additional document request.

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Out of the three, I had earlier sent the CSE through amendment of document for which they asked me to raise cse again.
I dunno what should be now. Pls advise.
You have been choosing the wrong option. You need to select "Permanent Residence (applied online)" option from the drop-down menu. After filling in all the details, it will give you an option to upload documents.

Hope that helps.

funter28

May 20, 2015
It changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." in a matter of hours. Then I received the additional document request.
In just two days my BG status changes from in progress to not applicable. So cant figure out what it means. Previously it was same as of yours.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Yes, you need a new PCC for India, after the date you last travelled there. You have also correctly mentioned the PCC requirement which is clear.
Thank you @legalfalcon

I am still confused with below statement,

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
As i have already received e-AOR, I will apply for PCC in Embassy here. What can be done next.? (Apply for New PCC and update via Webform once received or anything else.?) Kindly advise.

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
Wait IELTS not being uploaded can't be a basis for them to turn you down. There isn't even a placeholder to upload ielts.

Giving the reference number of the rest result on the application is enough .

IELTS being uploaded in the education section is a mismatch because the description for education documents given by CIC are documents from post secondary institutions. Ielts is not a post secondary institution.

Am I the only one missing something here ??? Any input ??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait IELTS not being uploaded can't be a basis for them to turn you down. There isn't even a placeholder to upload ielts.

Giving the reference number of the rest result on the application is enough .

IELTS being uploaded in the education section is a mismatch because the description for education documents given by CIC are documents from post secondary institutions. Ielts is not a post secondary institution.

Am I the only one missing something here ??? Any input ??
You're correct in the sense that it is not a reason for rejection.

That being said it is indeed recommended to be uploaded upfront in the education placeholder as other members have received requests to submit the certificate during the processing of their application.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
@legalfalcon @rajkamalmohanram Dear seniors, need advice pls. Appreciate the response. my AOR date-29July. Found few concerns after uploading:

1. In my current job letter, mobile number of the signatory is not given and only email id given as he was not willing to share his number. Now do I need to raise CSE for this and provide his mobile number to IRCC ?
2. Contact address and contact number details printed on my current employer's letter head have just got changed. We moved to a new office location. So should I tell this to IRCC as well? This new office building is a sister concern's (of our parent company) office. Hence, no one at reception has any idea about our format and people working in it so will be a problem if IRCC calls at reception and reception person may deny my presence in office ?
3. In current employer letter of my wife, as employer was not ready to give letter as per IRCC format, we attached appointment letter, salary slips and recommendation/reference letter from one of her colleague on plain paper. Now "YEAR" mentioned on appointment letter is wrong while it is correct on salary slips and reference letter given by colleague. Year mentioned in appt. letter is 2015 while correct year is 2016 and 2016 is there in salary slips and reference letter. Do we need to send CSE with revised appointment letter? Can IRCC reject our application due to misrepresentation before they receive our CSE ?

Sorry for long post. Need urgent help.
1. It should be ok without mobile number if other number is written on the employer letter.
3. You can claim points for your wife's work experience only if it is in canada.
If it is Canadian I would send a CSE to explain the mistake. If it is not canadian it is not relevant.

Reactions: funter28

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
my home country PCC issued on April 18, April 19 and April 20th 2017, respectively for different cities in pakistan and left the country on April 21, 2017. will that be an issue at CIC, as i have seen rejection due to gap in issuance and leaving the country.

need some expert advise

caleb1111

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hello peeps,
Almost ready to submit now. A couple of clarifications -
1. So the MD of the company signed my ref letter with date and company stamp. Do i need to explain in the LOE that my manager could not sign it because such a responsibility is considered sensitive and is the purview of the MD?
2. Can not locate the hardcopy of my WES ECA, can I apply with /upload the soft copy?

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hello peeps,
Almost ready to submit now. A couple of clarifications -
1. So the MD of the company signed my ref letter with date and company stamp. Do i need to explain in the LOE that my manager could not sign it because such a responsibility is considered sensitive and is the purview of the MD?
2. Can not locate the hardcopy of my WES ECA, can I apply with /upload the soft copy?
Why u need the hardcopy? Is your application paper based?

Reactions: tony406