+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vpat91 said:
Hi guys I submitted my application on january 19 2017. I was going through my profile and found that there is an error in my job start month. I have put jan 2014 but the letter of reference i submitted says start date as feb 5 2014 . Although it does not make a difference to my 40 points for my work exprerience should I be worried ?? What can I do ??
I had the same situation but everything went smoothly during my application. They didn't ask any info about it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AT_1 said:
Hi,

Need expert opinion from the experts here since I recently realized that my immigration consultant is definitely not an expert in the field :eek:

He had asked us (me and spouse) to make sure that we add six plus years of work experience (including self employment) for FSW.Post ITA I realized the difficulty in having foolproof paper work required to prove self employment.So declined the ITA with 458 points in express entry.

Talk about roller coaster of emotion..elation to dejection in a matter of days.

Anyhow, now am waiting for the next ITA and am trying to keep the bare minimum requirements to keep the documentation simple.Here is what I am doing and need your advice if am doing it right :

1)removed all work ex of my partner.Will put it all in Personal history.Got all the work ex docs ready for him, but trying to minimize risk.No risk in NOC,roles,responsibilities mismatch etc etc.

2) Keeping only those work ex for self (prime applicant)where I have letters mentioning very clear roles and responsibilities mentioned as per NOC and adds to 3 plus years of work ex. Everything else goes in personal history.No self employment in work history.My score remains the same at 458.

Is my approach correct?Please help :-\ Would be hell to reject another ITA for some stupid reason.Keeping fingers crossed and being super cautious.

Any help would really boost my morale and will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow i am amazed at this. Declining ITA makes sense only if some thing was put falsely and you risk being banned.

If you actually had some self employment, then it doesn't really matter if you couldn't provide enough documentation to support it.

At most, you would loose points for that credential if CIC doesn't find your documentation enough. Still if you stood at 458 as you mentioned (without self employment), it won't change any thing in your profile and your PR application would have continued.

As long as your score recalculation doesn't bring you below the cut off for your draw, you are good.

AT_1

Aug 7, 2016
fkl said:
Wow i am amazed at this. Declining ITA makes sense only if some thing was put falsely and you risk being banned.

If you actually had some self employment, then it doesn't really matter if you couldn't provide enough documentation to support it.

At most, you would loose points for that credential if CIC doesn't find your documentation enough. Still if you stood at 458 as you mentioned (without self employment), it won't change any thing in your profile and your PR application would have continued.

As long as your score recalculation doesn't bring you below the cut off for your draw, you are good.
Well I know that rejecting ITA is tough,but the extent to documents required like :reference letter from clients and payments made by them directly to account etc was getting difficult to collate.I was a private ltd company which is not functional now.No self attestation,self declaration works on self employment.

Was not sure, if I would simply lose points or straight away rejected (as per the experiences on the forum).Can depend upon my luck and the case officer.

Felt it is safer to wait for the next draw at 458,when the scores are going down than wait rejection after few months when I would have lost points due to age and scores could by sky high.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
AT_1 said:
Hi,

Need expert opinion from the experts here since I recently realized that my immigration consultant is definitely not an expert in the field :eek:

He had asked us (me and spouse) to make sure that we add six plus years of work experience (including self employment) for FSW.Post ITA I realized the difficulty in having foolproof paper work required to prove self employment.So declined the ITA with 458 points in express entry.

Anyhow, now am waiting for the next ITA and am trying to keep the bare minimum requirements to keep the documentation simple.Here is what I am doing and need your advice if am doing it right :

1)removed all work ex of my partner.Will put it all in Personal history.Got all the work ex docs ready for him, but trying to minimize risk.No risk in NOC,roles,responsibilities mismatch etc etc.

2) Keeping only those work ex for self (prime applicant)where I have letters mentioning very clear roles and responsibilities mentioned as per NOC and adds to 3 plus years of work ex. Everything else goes in personal history.No self employment in work history.My score remains the same at 458.

Is my approach correct?Please help :-\ Would be hell to reject another ITA for some stupid reason.Keeping fingers crossed and being super cautious.

Thanks!
Not an expert, but your new approach seems good. All the best.
You may also want to consider doing it yourself, as your consultant doesn't sound like a good one.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi Tala_08,

In your timeline you mentioned about RCMP and wondering if they ask everyone who travelled to Canada before.
I got ITA under CEC class and currently gathering documents, in the mean time do you suggest to get the PCC from Canada (this is what RCMP is, I am not sure, please correct me if I am wrong)

Also, if I have to get RCMP, please give direction how to do it.

Thanks,

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harish21jun said:
Hi Tala_08,

In your timeline you mentioned about RCMP and wondering if they ask everyone who travelled to Canada before.
I got ITA under CEC class and currently gathering documents, in the mean time do you suggest to get the PCC from Canada (this is what RCMP is, I am not sure, please correct me if I am wrong)

Also, if I have to get RCMP, please give direction how to do it.

Thanks,
Hi. Are you in your home country now? Did you stay here in Canada for more than 6 months before? I think you have to submit a police clearance if you stayed in one country for more than 6 months. If less than 6 months, you don't have to. But if you're already living here in Canada, you don't have to submit. I've been here for 3 years, I didn't submit any. They just requested for one.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Tala_08 said:
Hi. Are you in your home country now? Did you stay here in Canada for more than 6 months before? I think you have to submit a police clearance if you stayed in one country for more than 6 months. If less than 6 months, you don't have to. But if you're already living here in Canada, you don't have to submit. I've been here for 3 years, I didn't submit any. They just requested for one.
why are some inland applicants requested to submit RCMP reports and some are not ?

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikek27 said:
why are some inland applicants requested to submit RCMP reports and some are not ?
Actually, I don't know the reason for that. Sorry

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Tala_08 said:
Just provide a letter of explanation. What you wrote here seems reasonable.

I submitted one letter of employment which was given way back 2007. No salary, number of hours worked, contact number, etc. Just simply a clearance that I left the company without any concerns.
Hi Tala

So then it is not necessary to submit a recent job letter if you've left the company over a period? Reason why I ask, I'm awaiting feedback (hopefully positive) from OINP, but the letters I have are dated last year January when I originally submitted my OINP application. I'm trying to prepare my docs for when I receive an ITA, I thought it would've necessary or me to get updated letters similar to updated POF statements.

Tala_08

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarcAnthony said:
Hi Tala

So then it is not necessary to submit a recent job letter if you've left the company over a period? Reason why I ask, I'm awaiting feedback (hopefully positive) from OINP, but the letters I have are dated last year January when I originally submitted my OINP application. I'm trying to prepare my docs for when I receive an ITA, I thought it would've necessary or me to get updated letters similar to updated POF statements.
If the reference letters you have indicate what IRCC is asking for (like the the date and number of hours you worked, position, letter heading of the company, contact numbers, etc), I guess you do not have to ask. But if your reference letters have incomplete details, I think you have to ask again. If they don't want to give you another one, write a letter of explanation once you submit your application to IRCC. Tell them that you tried but they didn't give you a new one.

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Tala_08 said:
If the reference letters you have indicate what IRCC is asking for (like the the date and number of hours you worked, position, letter heading of the company, contact numbers, etc), I guess you do not have to ask. But if your reference letters have incomplete details, I think you have to ask again. If they don't want to give you another one, write a letter of explanation once you submit your application to IRCC. Tell them that you tried but they didn't give you a new one.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Sara92

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Edmotnon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikek27 said:

I'm inland applicant and I upload pcc from Canada because that was in my require documents before I submitted my pr application but maybe because I was in Canada almost 8 months on the visitor visa 1 year before I came to canada

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Sara,

How could you see that it was a required document before your PR application?

The checklist summary is generic and not case specific and the CIC guideline says that there is no requirement to attach a Canadian PCC along with the PR application.
www cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AT_1 said:
Hi,

Thanks!
6+ years of WE is not necessary for CRD but it does count points for the six factors assessment (some refer to this as the 67/100 check) for FSW. I'd would have to know more about your profile to know if you need to prove 6 years or if 3 years is fine.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
I work for a IT consultancy in USA for Microsoft client. My employer is ready to give me letter as needed by CIC and I do have all the paystubs to claim 1+ years of exp points. Any chances of rejection since I work for a consultancy?