+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

ajnj2730

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a query regarding work experience.
CIC's requirement is that to have Jobs and Duties , number of hours worked should mentioned on Reference letter.
However, I don't have that on company's letterhead.
I only have service certificate of previous companies, offer letter of previous companies, pay slips, form16, tax document, etc. In India, IT companies do not provide jobs and duties on your service certificate.
So what should I do. Shall I get the jobs and duties on a plain paper and get it signed with my previous manager with his Employee card xerox and get it notarised.
Will that work? What should be the approach here?

edapras

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajnj2730 said:
Hi All,

I have a query regarding work experience.
CIC's requirement is that to have Jobs and Duties , number of hours worked should mentioned on Reference letter.
However, I don't have that on company's letterhead.
I only have service certificate of previous companies, offer letter of previous companies, pay slips, form16, tax document, etc. In India, IT companies do not provide jobs and duties on your service certificate.
So what should I do. Shall I get the jobs and duties on a plain paper and get it signed with my previous manager with his Employee card xerox and get it notarised.
Will that work? What should be the approach here?
Getting it notarized will definitely work. However in my case, i contacted the HR departments of my previous companies in India. I wanted them to reissue the service letter with the roles and responsibilities. They agreed and sent me back the letters as i wanted. I just had to give them the customized roles. Some companies do that. I suggest you check with them once. If not, go for the notarized option. I did the same for my current employer since they refused to give the roles letter.

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
boske83 said:
I got my application canceled yesterday due to incomplete documentation. The reason was missing Proof of Education.
I have uploaded WES reports for me and my wife, but did not upload original diploma's, so that is possibly the reason (although stupid because they have WES ref id and can access WES DB easily).

Anyone has application reopened after sending CSE with missing docs for this reason? I am wondering if there is any hope, or will need to wait for another ITA...
Didn't they contact you saying that your docs are missing? Or did they directly send the application cancelled message?

samsramos

Nov 1, 2016
To me, the reason was (I think) totally subjective.

I got this:

I am not satisfied you have demonstrated the ability to be self-employed in Canada. I am not

satisfied you have demonstrated that you have the ability to make a significant contribution to

specified economic activities in Canada. I am not satisfied your experience as a journalist would

have a significant impact on the cultural fabric in your intended place of residence in Canada,

Toronto.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
In some document submission thread, I see that people being requested CELPIP, IELTS test report forms by CIC. Why do they request it when they can verify the results online? Could it be because there was a typo in TRF number or for something else? I understand that it is best to upload them with educational documents, but just wanted to check what could be the reason for this.

pk84

May 7, 2012
Hello Friends

Had a question on PCC..

Do we need to provide last 10 years of PCCs or all PCCs starting from age 18 years onwards.

My issue is ..for the past 9 years I am in US..so I added FBI Clearance certificate, just prior to coming to US I was in Delhi (I provided PCC from Delhi too). Immediately, prior to that i.e. 11 years ago I was in Maharashtra for which I didnt provide PCC.

So, just 9 years of FBI clearance and 1 year of Delhi PCC is sufficient or I need PCC from Maharashtra too..

I know, going to CGI is an option I could explore, but at this stage, I have already submitted documents in response to ITA.

Thanks

pk

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
PCC needs to be from all the countries you have stayed more than 6 months since 18 yearsof age and not just last 10 yrs. if your Indian PCC is from psk then you should be good. If its just for delhi then could be a problem.

For myself i was in Cyprus from 2000-2003 so i got a pcc from cyprus too though it's not in travel or personal
History. I hope it helps.

pk84 said:
Hello Friends

Had a question on PCC..

Do we need to provide last 10 years of PCCs or all PCCs starting from age 18 years onwards.

My issue is ..for the past 9 years I am in US..so I added FBI Clearance certificate, just prior to coming to US I was in Delhi (I provided PCC from Delhi too). Immediately, prior to that i.e. 11 years ago I was in Maharashtra for which I didnt provide PCC.

So, just 9 years of FBI clearance and 1 year of Delhi PCC is sufficient or I need PCC from Maharashtra too..

I know, going to CGI is an option I could explore, but at this stage, I have already submitted documents in response to ITA.

Thanks

pk

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
pk84 said:
Hello Friends

Had a question on PCC..

Thanks

pk
Why didn't you get your pcc from psk? Pcc from psk covers entire country.

pthomas

May 16, 2016
Hi Friends,

I have a question about Proof of Fund. Will IRCC reject application if the settlement fund goes below the minimum requirement, due to exchange rate fluctuations (ie. After the eApr submission). Have anyone come across this problem.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
pthomas said:
Hi Friends,

I have a question about Proof of Fund. Will IRCC reject application if the settlement fund goes below the minimum requirement, due to exchange rate fluctuations (ie. After the eApr submission). Have anyone come across this problem.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
They will consider the rates of the eAPR date. Not to worry for rate fluctuations.

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi

I entered a higher amount than the minimum required in my EE profile, but now want to lower it - but stay above the minimum, is this ok? Also, on the proof of funds, are they checking whether you can meet your stated amount, or their minimum required amount?

Thanks

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi folks!

I have an ITA but since there is some confusion, i wanted your advice as to whether i should accept it or not. My ITA hinges on my WE in Canada. I've worked 6 months for a university. After that, i founded my own company, incorporated it, and have been working for it as marketing manager. So since i'm not sure if this counts as self employment or not, i'm not sure if i should accept the ITA or not.

If i accept it, and they count my WE as "self-employed", thereby rejecting my application, what will be the repercussions? Is there any way i can get this clarified before accepting my ITA? They just dont talk on the phone about EE.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hi Folks,
Please help me with 2 questions.
1) I got ITA this January but just got my new passport yesterday. It has no markings yet, so do I just upload the biodata page of this new passport would that lead to rejection if I don't upload past passports (This is my 4th passport)

2) Do they have a way of tracking your visits to other countries over the years? Between 2002 and 2008 I traveled a lot to the UK usually on short visits. I can't tell if the overall length of stay is more or less than 6 months. I don't intend to request a PCC from UK and wondering if it will be a cause for rejection. Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kenok said:
Hi Folks,
Please help me with 2 questions.
1) I got ITA this January but just got my new passport yesterday. It has no markings yet, so do I just upload the biodata page of this new passport would that lead to rejection if I don't upload past passports (This is my 4th passport)

2) Do they have a way of tracking your visits to other countries over the years? Between 2002 and 2008 I traveled a lot to the UK usually on short visits. I can't tell if the overall length of stay is more or less than 6 months. I don't intend to request a PCC from UK and wondering if it will be a cause for rejection. Thanks
1. Upload last passport bio pages only. On back ground CHK they always know about previous passports if any

2. Safe side get UK PCC which is the easiest one to get .